• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
England have been knocked out of the Under-20 World Cup at the group stage following a 2-0 defeat by Egypt. England drew their first two matches - 2-2 with Iraq and 1-1 with Chile.

FootballFan

Dogs dont pay tax either

toFkgAL.png

Tc91

Lighten up Wilbur.

I don't want to be the last muppet standing.

I haven't turned yet, still think we'll sign Thiago. Everything seems to be done and since Moyes hasn't been announced/is on holiday same with Thiago the press just make up shite.

Wilbur

Banned
Meus if I'm not on your ignore list anymore

I love you

I love your new user name

I love your vision for the future of soccer

I love your concept for geometrical two sides shapes

Arnie

No, but seriously, if you knew there was intense speculation linking you with a move away from Barcelona, and you knew that people were hanging on your every word and action to signify something, would you say that?

I thought he wanted an extra 48 hours? I'd have thought he would be using that to think long and hard about the ramifications of the transfer. Not sit around dipping his toes and eulogising about the Catalan sun.

Arnie

thisisanfield said:
On this day in 2010, "Jovanovic confirms LFC arrival" and "Hodgson agrees Liverpool deal". This Sunday, be thankful for what you have!
Jesus fuck.

It's quite conceivable that if Hodgson hadn't been sacked we could've finished 15th. Or lower. The guy's a fucking shithouse. His transfers, his tactics, his personality.

Sane_Man

The Doncaster Belles news makes me so fucking angry that I desperately want to march on the FA offices and punch every one of them in the head. I honestly find it hard to enjoy football when I think about how corrupt and horrible the governing bodies are. Cunts.

K1LLER7

Thiago's overrated. He can stay at Barcelona and start on the bench. We need a proven PL midfielder, someone like Leon Britton.

Wilbur

Banned
The Doncaster Belles news makes me so fucking angry that I desperately want to march on the FA offices and punch every one of them in the head. I honestly find it hard to enjoy football when I think about how corrupt and horrible the governing bodies are. Cunts.

It's fucking appalling isn't it. Just pricks at every level of football's infrastructure.

L1NETT

Was it any surprise that the U20s crashed out when Peter Taylor is their coach.

Good grief, one of the worst managers we as a club have ever had. We were so bad under him.

justjohn

Good grief, one of the worst managers we as a club have ever had. We were so bad under him.
His management career was actually promising when he first started but then got worse and worse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Does this sound fair to anyone?

The Italian Super Cup between Juve and Lazio will take place at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on August 18. Lazio will get the €1.8 million they would have received had the match been played in Beijing, while Juve will get any leftover revenue. So Lazio get cash and a home-field advantage.

I'd take the FA over this.

confuziz

Banned

It doesn't matter which coach you got for the u20, u21 and senior team. The talent isn't there, the quality isn't there and the potential is mediocre at best. Stop overrating the 'talented' players cause there aren't any.

Over 50% of the players in the PL are foreign. As long as this doesn't change your teams won't outgrow their potential. Spain and Germany are the best examples for this.

subtles

I hope Andrea Poli goes to a club that nurtures him. I was disappointed with how his development stagnated with so many injuries and the Inter loan being...well it's Inter. Hopefully he fulfills on his early promise.

Wilbur

Banned
Coaches are a problem. The amount of qualified top level coaches compared to Spain is ridiculous.

Our entire youth set up is flawed. And we all know it. All the ex professionals know it. All the pundits know it. But the FA will flaunt St George's Park as some revolutionary platform for talent to shine, but it's barely an improvement on what we already have.

I'm really quite disappointed with the points I made last week, that England don't have one top talent, young or not, that the big clubs are interested in. Isco and Thiago can't get in Spain's first team and they're going for 20 million. Schurrle can't get past Ozil, Muller and Götze but just went for near 20 as well.

We're a fucking calamitous country. I love seeing English talent play for United, especially homegrown. When Ferdinand and Carrick play well and start every week, with youngsters like Welbeck and Jones coming through, it's genuinely quite satisfying because we feel like an English club still. But the other big clubs in the country - especially City, who count only Hart as a first choice Englishman now - might be setting a dangerous precedent.

Swansea are just signing foreigners, Fulham have done the same so far, Liverpool have done the same. It's just an awful reflection of the quality of our footballers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hope Andrea Poli goes to a club that nurtures him. I was disappointed with how his development stagnated with so many injuries and the Inter loan being...well it's Inter. Hopefully he fulfills on his early promise.

We almost signed him in January. I'm sure Marry will go after him again.

Wilbur

Banned
Poli seems like a Verratti stopgap signing. Surely he'll be nowhere near the first team with Pogba and Asamoah in front of him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So far everything about the confed failed, on and off the pitch. That sure bodes well for the WC.

Poli seems like a Verratti stopgap signing. Surely he'll be nowhere near the first team with Pogba and Asamoah in front of him.

Asamoah is a wingback now, lol.

dc89

I'm late reporting my own news, but it sucks to be you if you're not in our WhatsApp group;

By shedding Tevez, Balotelli, Kolo Toure, Bridge and Santa Cruz we're saving over £600,000 a week in wages. Turns out to be over £31,000,000 a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom