• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Coaches are a problem. The amount of qualified top level coaches compared to Spain is ridiculous.

Our entire youth set up is flawed. And we all know it. All the ex professionals know it. All the pundits know it. But the FA will flaunt St George's Park as some revolutionary platform for talent to shine, but it's barely an improvement on what we already have.

I'm really quite disappointed with the points I made last week, that England don't have one top talent, young or not, that the big clubs are interested in. Isco and Thiago can't get in Spain's first team and they're going for 20 million. Schurrle can't get past Ozil, Muller and Götze but just went for near 20 as well.

We're a fucking calamitous country. I love seeing English talent play for United, especially homegrown. When Ferdinand and Carrick play well and start every week, with youngsters like Welbeck and Jones coming through, it's genuinely quite satisfying because we feel like an English club still. But the other big clubs in the country - especially City, who count only Hart as a first choice Englishman now - might be setting a dangerous precedent.

Swansea are just signing foreigners, Fulham have done the same so far, Liverpool have done the same. It's just an awful reflection of the quality of our footballers.

This is true, but you really can't blame Liverpool after the hell we've been through signing British players during a particular period. Just forget the fees involved for a second, and look at the actual players. Some that have lacked game intelligence, others the necessary work ethic and many just the ability to play ball.

Our youth set up has relied extensively on nurturing young English talent, as Parland/Borrell/Segura have all clarified. They actually prioritize young Scouse lads from the local area as it should be (and not just because of the FA ruling on the matter). These are than supplemented where necessary with the best young English and foreign talent they find to fill in the gaps.

I have this belief from what I've read and heard that Liverpool want to nurture their own young English talent, getting them in at a young age so they can develop qualities suitable to our game. This imo can only benefit the English game in the long run.

The FA set-up is flawed, that much I agree on. A comparison of qualified coaches (Uefa): Germany has 28,400 (England 1,759) coaches with the B licence, 5,500 (895) with the A licence and 1,070 (115) with the Pro licence, the highest qualification.

As long as talents like Wilshere continue to pop up, there may be very little, if any, change.

Messi

No, but seriously, if you knew there was intense speculation linking you with a move away from Barcelona, and you knew that people were hanging on your every word and action to signify something, would you say that?

I thought he wanted an extra 48 hours? I'd have thought he would be using that to think long and hard about the ramifications of the transfer. Not sit around dipping his toes and eulogising about the Catalan sun.

As I said last night. He knew exactly what he was doing. He is not an idiot

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Interviewer: "Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez, not a bad trio eh?'

Tevez: *laughs* "But my ideal trio would with Rooney and Messi. They're players that make me dream, Ronaldo doesn't."

wot wot wot

What happened between these two?

GorillaJu

No, but seriously, if you knew there was intense speculation linking you with a move away from Barcelona, and you knew that people were hanging on your every word and action to signify something, would you say that?

I thought he wanted an extra 48 hours? I'd have thought he would be using that to think long and hard about the ramifications of the transfer. Not sit around dipping his toes and eulogising about the Catalan sun.

Or he could just be trying to appeal to the Barcelona fans before he breaks their heart.

spidye

Well, unlike Bayern, our shirts don't have to distract people from the player's fugly faces.

grosskreutz_haare_313x309.jpg

maybe you guys should ;)

Messi

I dont know how I feel about the end if the last of us. spoilers for the end of the game

it left me very conflicted. Is the life of one more important than the life of millions. Great finish though.

It made me get teary eyed once in the middle of the game when ellie says she has no one else if she loses joel and joel says he is not her dad :(. The look of utter heartbreak on her face killed me

Linius

It doesn't matter which coach you got for the u20, u21 and senior team. The talent isn't there, the quality isn't there and the potential is mediocre at best. Stop overrating the 'talented' players cause there aren't any.

Over 50% of the players in the PL are foreign. As long as this doesn't change your teams won't outgrow their potential. Spain and Germany are the best examples for this.

Managers don't matter anyways.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Messi

Ending spoiler >
He wanted to play house with his fake new daughter. Please understand

I see Yurt has finally gone 180 on the Last of Us and is in full fanboy mode, even going so far as to sport a clicker as his avatar.

Ahahahah

I seriously hated the first half of the game.

Or 2/3 of it.

And the hide and seek combat.

and the ending.

Zabojnik

Does this sound fair to anyone?

I'd take the FA over this.

The sad truth is we are toothless on a political level. But fuck it, we'll smang them in their own stadium, even better. On the plus side, Italy - Czech Republik will be played in Torino. Can you imagine Abete and the other FIGC mafiosos having to sit in a three starred stadium with the number 31 being displayed everywhere? Priceless.

Poli seems like a Verratti stopgap signing. Surely he'll be nowhere near the first team with Pogba and Asamoah in front of him.

I'm pretty confident Poli will go to Milan. We don't need him. At all.

Tc91

I'm not even going to start talking about The Last of Us with spoiler tags considering what I did with GoT.

I thought I could quote part of my spoiler and it untagged the whole fucking post.

Wilbur

Banned
Zabo should make it. An underrated member of this community.

All Juve members are underrated and awesome, I love getting juved

But someone needs to fix all the champions and the badges and shit, and make us a new banner and make it sexy for newcomers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom