• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
They scored the 2 required goals. Now its up to their opponents to attack.
That's not the criticism though.

People are saying Spain should not settle for that and keep attacking keep taking risks and take the initiative to continuously attack the opponent.

Of course they don't have to. If they want to do what it takes to win and that's it, that's fine.

Fwiw I'm not saying they are a boring team who grind out wins or anything. But they are reserved, as I said before Del Bosque spoke about it this week and said that is his exact gameplan.

K1LLER7

Spain know that to be the reason and that is why they play like this. They know when they have the ball they are safe, come and attack us - that is what they want. Teams don't because they know they will get picked off. And Spain don't want to take risks because they don't want to lose the ball.

It's a catch 22.

I don't think Spain can be blamed for playing a boring or anti football - but I do think there is an argument that for a team with so much talent they should perhaps be willing to force the issue more than they sometimes do.

Spot on. Also, if Spain take the lead, it's very difficult for any team to get back into the game. They have to attack and Spain pick them off. However, like Barca, I feel their weakness lies against teams which have pace. Madrid and Bayern trouble Barca because, they used Ronaldo/Robben/Ribery, to counter. Spain had trouble against Netherlands and also Portugal who used the same tactic.

Salsa

Diego-Forlan_2.jpg

Messi

People are saying Spain should not settle for that and keep attacking keep taking risks and take the initiative to continuously attack the opponent.

Of course they don't have to. If they want to do what it takes to win and that's it, that's fine.

Fwiw I'm not saying they are a boring team who grind out wins or anything. But they are reserved, as I said before Del Bosque spoke about it this week and said that is his exact gameplan.

But why would you exert more energy than you have to? they have more games coming up.

Meier

Ramos is such a thug. Always up in refs faces, touching them. I have no clue how he gets away with it.

What is going on with Caceres' shorts?! How does he play like that?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Montoya is so much better than Arbeloa it's not even funny. When Montoya makes it to the first team and benches Arbeloa that will be 8 at the minimum Barça players in the starting line-up.

But why would you exert more energy than you have to? they have more games coming up.

Hey, Spain can do what they want, I'm sure the team and the fans are happy with the wins and doing what is best for them. I'm just saying as a neutral, their approach to the game isn't that entertaining.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Montoya is so much better than Arbeloa it's not even funny. When Montoya makes it to the first team and benches Arbeloa that will be 8 at the minimum Barça players in the starting line-up.

Nope, Azpilicueta is much better than Montoya

Ce-Lin

There's no point making sarcastic comments like this when you're not even understanding or trying to understand the point other people are making.

come on the thread is full of sarcastic and trolling comments "Spain is boring" from butt-heart fans and football aficionados, I understand the points so I make mine, Spain is just so much better than Uruguay you can NOT have an actual football match between the two teams, that's all, boring ? bring a better team.

They don't have to. And so they don't.

Once again, that isn't the point.

It's like when people say/would say Mourinho is a boring manager and gets his teams to kill games. All he cared about was the result.

But there is more to football than the result for alot of people. Spain is in this really weird position because they have refined their football to such incredible precision that what can be so wonderful can become dull.

Salsa

come on the thread is full of sarcastic and trolling comments "Spain is boring" from butt-heart fans and football aficionados, I understand the points so I make mine, Spain is just so much better than Uruguay you can have an actual football match between the two teams, that's all, boring ? bring a better team.

every comment has been pretty thoughtful and even those cheering for Uruguay (like myself) have admitted to shortcomings and where Spain is doing good

then there's good ol knee-jerk football GAF going "lol SPAIN IS GOD URUGUAY IS CRICKET" see: you and others.

check the WC thread, I even spoke truthfully and respectfully about Holland when we lost against them in the WC, and im pretty much the only Gaffer from Uruguay there is

gimme a break.

not blaming anyone tho, im alright with shit talk and all but taking some small criticism like "spain's kinda boring" to heart like that is silly.

They are boring. Sorry but they are. They are also winning, so just be glad and shut the fuck up.

I don't think anyone has a problem with that, of course Spain could do more, nothing is perfect. But do you think most of the criticism here is half as good as yours?

Some people seem to think that passing the ball without losing it is easy.

Ce-Lin

not blaming anyone tho, im alright with shit talk and all but taking some small criticism like "spain's kinda boring" to heart like that is silly.

They are boring. Sorry but they are.

so much wrong

The question whether Spain play boring football is meaningless

I don't think anyone has a problem with that, of course Spain could do more, nothing is perfect. But do you think most of the criticism here is half as good as yours?

Some people seem to think that passing the ball without losing it is easy.

exactly, their team can't do it, the fans not used to watch it, they think it's boring since their team can't touch the ball.

edit: see this is the problem, Uruguay is just *happy* they only got scored twice, they don't even try or just they can't, either Spain is too strong or Uruguay is damn laughable.

Just blows my mind every time Spain make a sub.

What incredible depth. And then they've got the likes of Isco and Thiago at the u21s. Jeez.

Arnie

The fuck? After all he gave your club last season.
Eh? For lying about his reasons to leave. Blaming the English press is a fucking cop out, and he's treating people like idiots. Not attached to him half as much as I was to Torres and I think we played excellent football without him (which was often given the number of games he missed through suspension).

Football fans don't owe players like Suarez anything. We owe players like Gerrard everything. Perspective needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom