• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain are better without Xabi Alonso in the team IMO. He gives better defensive cover as the double pivot alongside Sergio but it leaves Spain one man short in attack.

This shape is much better. To watch anyways.

Del Bosque himself said this week that he wants Spain to play the way they do for defensive reasons.

Fair enough really.

At times the passing is really wonderful and it takes the breath away but for sure tiki taka can get tedious.

The problem with the style is they are so good controlling the ball that you have to take a lot of risks to take the ball from them. And you cand end up being thrashed, like Italy was. So the other teams prefer just giving up on possession and hoping for a lucky day.

But seriously, if this was a 0-0 shitty game and some random player did just what Iniesta has been doing today, I'm pretty sure some of the guys shouting "booring" would be fapping.

Ce-Lin

people "booing" Spain because the other team don't have the skill and/or courage to try stealing the ball from Spain, is Spain to blame for their skill ?

The problem with the style is they are so good controlling the ball that you have to take a lot of risks to take the ball from them. And you cand end up being thrashed, like Italy was. So the other teams prefer just giving up on possession and waiting for a lucky day.

But seriously, if this was a 0-0 shitty game and some random player did just what Iniesta has been doing today, I'm pretty sure some of the guys shouting "booring" would be fapping.
Spain know that to be the reason and that is why they play like this. They know when they have the ball they are safe, come and attack us - that is what they want. Teams don't because they know they will get picked off. And Spain don't want to take risks because they don't want to lose the ball.

It's a catch 22.

I don't think Spain can be blamed for playing a boring or anti football - but I do think there is an argument that for a team with so much talent they should perhaps be willing to force the issue more than they sometimes do.

Galliani says Tevez is willing to lower his wages to go to Milan.

italybrosdsurp.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Suarez has been so shit in open play, ruined almost every attack. That free kick was the only decent thing he's done.

Ce-Lin

I'd be fine with Spain having all the possession they do if they actually did anything interesting with it.

2-0 and could have been 4-0 by now, you don't make any sense

edit: Spain doing nothing "interesting" in your opinion is completely trashing and humiliating Uruguay, we should conclude Uruguay is the new San Marino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom