• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, i know. i'm not buying a ps4 anytime soon though.

but i'm thinking about getting a one-month sub (or does it start with a three-month sub? whatever is the cheapest).

3 month sub. During that time you´ll get the chance to play Uncharted 3, X-Com, LBP Karting, Kingdoms Of Armalour : Reckoning, HD ICO and Shadow Of The Colossous, Demon´s Souls, Catherine, Malicious, Lord Of The Rings : War Of The North and The Cave. DMC and Spec Ops The Line are rumored to be on August´s update.

Tc91

3 month sub. During that time you´ll get the chance to play Uncharted 3, X-Com, LBP Karting, Kingdoms Of Armalour : Reckoning, HD ICO and Shadow Of The Colossous, Demon´s Souls, Catherine, Malicious, Lord Of The Rings : War Of The North and The Cave. DMC and Spec Ops The Line are rumored to be on August´s update.

How much is a 3 month sub?

Hixx

Kinnear stopped the Douglas deal that was expected to be done by the end of the week

iRemxnXLN75hC.gif

I <3 Joe.

Tc91

Indykaila is such a pillock, claims he has a source who told him about Andy Carroll joining West Ham on the 2nd of June when really he just copied Moose from TalkSport.

All the goons are giving him credit.

Feorax

Old news I am sure, but welcome to west ham Andy ;)

I'm sure he'll be great for you guys. Wish him all the best.

With Andy's sale alone, that should be enough to cover Aspas, Atsu, Alberto and obviously Kolo who was on a free.

Still means we need to find the money for Ilori, Mkhitaryan, Mignolet, and a new first xi centre back. Either we're certain Suarez is off, or we have a bigger budget than we originally thought.

Meier

Is that Falcao?

Good catch. Saw photos of him and his wife there in Miami so it'd make sense he'd go to the game. Meireles is also in Miami.. probably was at the game but stuck in the upper deck.

Pretty happy with our fixture list.. both the run-in and start are pretty decent for the most part. I did get a kick out of this bit from Simon Curtis:

The only negative point I can find is that a penultimate fixture at Goodison Park has my personal alarm bells ringing already, some 11 months before the game is due to take place (something of a record even for me, I think). If City are still in the hunt for the title and need points there on the next-to-last Saturday of the season, many of us will be watching that particular game from behind clinched fingers.
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/manchestercity/id/1131?cc=5901

Zabojnik

"Juventus Football Club confirms the purchase of full registration rights to Asamoah and also the renewal of the co-ownership deals concerning Isla and Pasquato." Good, now let's sell our half of Isla The Cunt to Inter and be done with it.

kharma45

I'm hoping to go to Queen's next fall after my access course.

Would you recommend it?

Yeah I've enjoyed my time here. Each school (and faculty as a whole) is a bit different with the way they handle things but overall aye, I'd come to Queen's again if I was to go back to the application stage. We're making steady progress through the rankings and depending on your course actually offer some of the best in the whole of the UK.

Salvadora

Yeah I've enjoyed my time here. Each school (and faculty as a whole) is a bit different with the way they handle things but overall aye, I'd come to Queen's again if I was to go back to the application stage. We're making steady progress through the rankings and depending on your course actually offer some of the best in the whole of the UK.

I''m hoping to study either History or Social Anthropology, or both!

Bit weird being classed a mature student though.

kharma45

I'm a mature student wanker. I only got my exam results, which I chinned. So very happy.

Edit: Oh yeah, congrats! Big celebration on the way?

I hope the school of EEECS just give them all out at once unlike GAP when it comes to your final classification.

As for celebrations, nothing big until graduation planned but it will be hit hard.

Congratulations Mate :D

Cheers.

My gf does history and english so if you've any questions I could pass them on to her for you. For History at least Queen's is in the top 100 in the world.

I hope the school of EEECS just give them all out at once unlike GAP when it comes to your final classification.

As for celebrations, nothing big until graduation planned but it will be hit hard.
Well I have a few year yet to start worrying about classification unfortunately. What line of work are planning to go down? In fact, what did you study? You said before but I've forgotten.

What age are you? Waiting until now to pursue education was the stupidest thing I ever done. Can't say my parents didn't warn me my entire life :lol. Aw well, some people don't have the motivation in their teens, that's my excuse.

Edit: my years earning a joinery qualification were wasted. Got some good life skills, but eh, should have continued in school.

kharma45

Well I have a few year yet to start worrying about classification unfortunately. What line of work are planning to go down? In fact, what did you study? You said before but I've forgotten.

I did read Geography.

What am I planning to do? Apply for fucking everything haha. Ideally I want to go into the Civil Service and work in NIEA, DRD or DARD but their applications are still a while off. Wouldn't mind one of the big four either, PWC are phoning me today to give me feedback on where I fell down in the assessment centre so hopefully next time I'll get past that and through to the final interview. I can re-apply for it in 2 and a half months or so, so I'll defs give it another go as I think the place where I went wrong was just the maths test on the day.

I did read Geography.

What am I planning to do? Apply for fucking everything haha. Ideally I want to go into the Civil Service and work in NIEA, DRD or DARD but their applications are still a while off. Wouldn't mind one of the big four either, PWC are phoning me today to give me feedback on where I fell down in the assessment centre so hopefully next time I'll get past that and through to the final interview. I can re-apply for it in 2 and a half months or so, so I'll defs give it another go as I think the place where I went wrong was just the maths test on the day.
Good luck! My years in the NICS were among the worst in my life. Toss up between it and the joinery experience. That said, I worked in two of the worst offices imaginable doing the plebs jobs. First was a crappy office in DFP, basically in a call centre. Transferred to the NIO finance come devolved DoJ.

I have friends working in various Civil Service departments and their jobs sound like great craic. Well, as good a job can be.

Hope it works out for you.

kharma45

Good luck! My years in the NICS were among the worst in my life. Toss up between it and the joinery experience. That said, I worked in two of the worst offices imaginable doing the plebs jobs. First was a crappy office in DFP, basically in a call centre. Transferred to the NIO finance come devolved DoJ.

I have friends working in various Civil Service departments and their jobs sound like great craic. Well, as good a job can be.

Hope it works out for you.

If you go in through the Fast Stream it's pretty good, you're straight in at management level and the career progression options seem to be pretty good, as well as the pay etc. I'll see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom