• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I love all three but BB's first half is the best stretch out of all of three films. Best scene is interrogation in TDK though.

Arnie

It's so kitch to hold BB as your favourite of the trilogy but I just can't agree. I find it, for the large part, fairly boring, and the combination of a climax about a train, and a couple of (relatively)boring villains (Liam Neeson, and the scarecrow) just leaves it flat in the memory. The Dark Knight is my favourite of the three, for obvious reason.

Can't actually say if I prefer BB to TDKR until I re-watch the latter for a second time.

jtb

Banned
X-Men 2 hasn't aged well, X-Men 1 is just not a good movie. I respect Singer for being the first director to really do the modern superhero movie, so I can cut him some slack, but the movies themselves are pretty average.

oh that time of the year
well

BB>TDK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DKR

Bane was fine, everything else was laughable

True. But all of the films rank pretty low for me anyways and Burton's Batmans > Nolan's Batmans, imho.

/and thanks for:
Yeah, this is right. It's because teams can't play teams from their own country or from the group they just advanced from, so it's slightly weighted in favour of other teams.
I thought teams could face each other villy nilly after the group stage.

Wilbur

Banned
The first X-Men and the X-Men prequel too.

Didn't like First Class outside Fassbender and Bacon

The Avengers: most fun I had this year

Fuck Avengers, most vanilla film of all time.

It's so kitch to hold BB as your favourite of the trilogy but I just can't agree. I find it, for the large part, fairly boring, and the combination of a climax about a train, and a couple of (relatively)boring villains (Liam Neeson, and the scarecrow) just leaves it flat in the memory. The Dark Knight is my favourite of the three, for obvious reason.

Can't actually say if I prefer BB to TDKR until I re-watch the latter for a second time.

First hour of Begins is by far the best extended sequence of superhero film ever. Neeson and Murphy are both fantastic, and its actually about Batman which TDK just isn't. The strongest scenes of TDKR were the ones focusing on Bruce as well.

bud

all x-men movies suck dick. they're awful. bryan singer is awful.

speaking of comic book movies: when i was little i saw this movie called spawn. i had no idea it was so badly rated, but i had a blast with it.

we need more black superheroes.

all x-men movies suck dick. they're awful. bryan singer is awful.

speaking of comic book movies: when i was little i saw this movie called spawn. i had no idea it was so badly rated, but i had a blast with it.

we need more black superheroes.

I caught the end of one of the Xmen films, the one with Vinnie Jones playing Juggernaut. It was basically the worst thing I've ever seen, and I watched Chelsea in the Champion's League last season

Arnie

First hour of Begins is by far the best extended sequence of superhero film ever. Neeson and Murphy are both fantastic, and its actually about Batman which TDK just isn't. The strongest scenes of TDKR were the ones focusing on Bruce as well.

Well, I suppose you could prefer it on the grounds of it being an origin story, but I still found The Dark Knight to be about Batman, generally, and the struggles that accompany the role. I find the whole training wank to be precisely that, and I disagree with the sentiment that Murphy or Neeson were particularly great villains. Perhaps in Batman folklore they are, but the whole 'Al Ghul' plotline and an Irishman with a bag on his head and some perfume doesn't excite me in any way.

If I was to rate the trilogy from this rather low vantage point I'd say TDK >>>>>>> BB = TDKR

Requeim

For me:

On first viewing: TDK >>>>> TDKR > BB

Having watched it more than once: TKDR > BB >>>>> TDK

I'm not exactly sure why i feel that way though.

bud

ledger's performance is the only one in the trilogy i was impressed with.

all of the other ones range from decent to genuinely hilarious (bane) to mostly just forgettable.

Clegg

Has everyone heard that story about the hospital receptionist who was tricked into putting a prank call through to the Duchess of Cambridge?

Sky News are reporting that she's committed suicide because of this.

Royal Hoax Call Receptionist 'Commits Suicide'
Sky News – 8 minutes ago

Royal Hoax Call Receptionist 'Commits Suicide'

The receptionist who put through a prank call at the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge is understood to have committed suicide.

The woman, was the first to pick up the phone to the Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, and put the call through to the nurse caring for the Duchess.

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It does appear that the receptionist who put the original call through has been found dead, thought to be suicide."

Kenka

Off-topic bans starting in 3... 2... 1...
Oops, meta-post.

I wish Klinsmann was still playing, and not coaching.

Arnie

This pseudo-backlash against The Dark Knight is hilarious. It's clearly the best of the three films.

Agree.

Me and Wilbz tend to have the same taste in film, so I'm agreeing with him on the Batman stuff :p
Our film taste is usually pretty symbiotic, but I can't agree with him in this instance.

Liam Neeson should stick to shooting Turkish people, and Cillian Murphy should stick to walking the streets of London with his little johnson out.

Yen

The Nolan trilogy is a perfect trilogy. Best trilogies, off the the top of my head:
1. Indiana Jones
2. Die Hard
3. Nolan Batman

Linius

i quite like cillian murphy when he's saving the sun.

Boyle overdid him self with that movie. Too much distractions with that camera work. Not a bad film though. I prefer Slumdog, 28 Days Later, Trainspotting and 127 Hours however.

The Nolan trilogy is a perfect trilogy. Best trilogies, off the the top of my head:
1. Indiana Jones
2. Die Hard
3. Nolan Batman

1. Stars Wars original trilogy
2. Toy Story
3. Nolan Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom