• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BREAKING NEWS: Bradford City removed from the FA Cup after fielding an ineligible player in their Second Round tie against Brentford.

looooooooooool

So what happens now, Brentford go through? Bradford were supposed to play Arsenal, I think.

Cornelius not training today, he's at match exams lol

Nothing inherently wrong with brown corduroy jackets. Fuck you, Ryan.

If I wasn't at work I would post a picture of me wearing my FUCK RYAN DAVIS shirt.

screen_shot_2012_09_14_at_8.58.53_am_large.png

'
Best shirt ever.

PowderedToast

There is a chance he is. He said twice in front of cameras that attitudes towards the gay community should change in football and he went further, underlining how hard he imagines it would be for a professional to out himself in the current system.

If Gomez comes out, I'd respect him a lot lot.

damn i didn't know that. i agree that the homosexuality stigma in football is a huge problem. he is beautiful anyhow

elseanio

Teams LFC can get in the last 32:

Atlético Madrid, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Stuttgart, Napoli, Basel, Inter Milan, Sparta Prague, Bayer Leverkusen, Levante, Zenit, BATE, Dynamo Kiev, Ajax.

Would love to play gladbach at some point in the competition

PowderedToast

Teams LFC can get in the last 32:

Atlético Madrid, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Stuttgart, Napoli, Basel, Inter Milan, Sparta Prague, Bayer Leverkusen, Levante, Zenit, BATE, Dynamo Kiev, Ajax.

Would love to play gladbach at some point in the competition

not bad, this is where the competition actually gets fun

Hixx

"Fierce winds blowing in from Siberia will lash the North East after a fairly mild weekend, bringing freezing temperatures and ice to test families already struggling in the extreme conditions."

Our game against Reading better not get called off again
LLShC.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Valencia, Nani, Kagawa and Vidic out according to St Fergus. So I'd assume either Welbeck will play wide or Rooney will to make room for Chicha.

We're going to get anused.

Bo-Locks

So Schalke has 36% chance of being drawn against either Madrid or Valencia? That's a non-negligible bias to put it nicely.
Manchester and Juve also, even with a greater probability.

Math-GAF, what's the probability of having at least one of the following draws?

• Valencia - ManU
  • Valencia - Juve
  • Valencia - Schalke
  • Madrid - ManU
  • Madrid - Juve
  • Madrid - Schalke

My math isn't great, but assuming the table is accurate then the probability of at least one event occurring would be 75.125%

Carbonox

Very poorly made, wafer thin, shrink no matter how you wash it.

Depends if for the money you don't care if it lasts about a month.

Just remembered that I did buy one bit of clothing from Zavvi - a black Nike hoody. Several months ago and even now - despite being worn so many times since - it's as if it's brand new.

I guess the more well-known branded clothing items are OK from there.

Very poorly made, wafer thin, shrink no matter how you wash it.

Depends if for the money you don't care if it lasts about a month.

Fuck that then, cheers

Are they one of those companies who artificially overprice their items, then put them on constant discount to make it look like you're getting a bargain?

3Sixty

Just remembered that I did buy one bit of clothing from Zavvi - a black Nike hoody. Several months ago and even now - despite being worn so many times since - it's as if it's brand new.

I guess the more well-known branded clothing items are OK from there.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they sell plenty of legit stuff but I just remember seeing lots of trouble with Tommy Hilfiger and some other designer brands.

Fuck that then, cheers

Are they one of those companies who artificially overprice their items, then put them on constant discount to make it look like you're getting a bargain?

Very much so. No way that jacket was ever the RRP. In fairness for the price I'm sure it's fine but me personally would rather pay more and get something decent.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they sell plenty of legit stuff but I just remember seeing lots of trouble with Tommy Hilfiger and some other designer brands.

I got an amazing Tommy Hilfinger aftershave in Norwich market once, only cost £4. Its the real thing as well

I already have three different drafts done.

How are yours coming along?

Mine need work.

My winning scenario draft simply consists of 'LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'.

My drawing draft just says 'Away draw as good as a win. Also lolerpool'.

My losing draft says 'We we're equal on points now, can't complain. Shame about the performance though. Injuries blah blah blah. Also lolerpool'.

Empty

valencia is injured. bah, that kinda fucks us fielding a decent 4-4-2 after anderson and kagawa's injuries fucked a decent 4-3-3. maybe play rooney in a midfield three with carrick and scholes and young, rvp and either hernandez or welbeck upfront.

reality: fletcher on the right wing of a 4-4-2.

Clegg

Mine need work.

My winning scenario draft simply consists of 'LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'.

My drawing draft just says 'Away draw as good as a win. Also lolerpool'.

My losing draft says 'We we're equal on points now, can't complain. Shame about the performance though. Injuries blah blah blah. Also lolerpool'.

My winning one is the same as yours.

If we get a draw I'll praise Fergie's tactics and laud our midfield performance even though we're short of quality in the area.

If we lose, Fergie's past it and our midfield needs new players immediately.

Hixx

How are you guys getting on with your Christmas shopping?

I've given money to me mam to buy for me grandparents because I dont know what old people want.

I was in bed last night and was just pissing about on my phone when I came across Sopranos whole series for £13!! Was going to get it for my dad but by the time I'd put the PC on, they'd all gone :(

How are you guys getting on with your Christmas shopping?

Got my brothers present 6 weeks ago or so (Pokemon black 2), got Dads in the post and Dad has bought a ton of stuff for Mums and then we decide who wants to give her what (Mums birthday 22nd December so we decide for both).

Id feel quite proud of myself if I weren't for the fact that little effort was required on my part haha.

My issue is there's nothing I really want and my family are annoyed because they don't want to give me money so I'm hoping a few games drop in price before Xmas and I can get a couple. Already got Hitman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom