• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Just ordered a pizza and paid via Paypal, I love technology.

Can't wait until 2050 when we've merged with computers and google's as simple as thinking.

Linius

All trilogy's from the top of my head I like: Star Wars original, Toy Story, Batman, Indiana Jones (Crystal Skull doesn't exist), LOTR, and The Godfather. I'd like to say Die Hard, but I also like four so that makes it a quadrilogy :p

Oh and not as much as a trilogy but I also like Babel, 21 Grams and Amores Perros by Iñárritu.

edit: How could I forget Back to the Future :lol

jtb

Banned
The Nolan trilogy is a perfect trilogy. Best trilogies, off the the top of my head:
1. Indiana Jones
2. Die Hard
3. Nolan Batman

Die Hard 2 is pretty shit, but 1 and 3 are so perfect it more than makes up for it. The less said about 4 the better.

Arnie

Haven't seen the third Godfather, but I want to.

Going to watch Killing Them Softly later at the Uni cinema, I've heard mixed things, so I'm going in with a fairly open mind. I'll garner some rudimentary pleasure from seeing Tony Soprano in a gangster setting, regardless of the film itself.

Anyone else have Die Hard Trilogy on PS1 with the lightgun? That game was so much fun.

Hell yeah. Remember the hot dog vans in the third one?

I could never handle the controls for the first one, and playing the lightgun one with cheats was amazing. Didn;t it have photos of people pasted over the bad guys faces?

Arnie

Anyone else have Die Hard Trilogy on PS1 with the lightgun? That game was so much fun.

Is that the one with like a few levels, and one of them is in a car park (and you have to reach an elevator)? I think I had it, but I was at an age where my brother played everything and I just watched, content. Like, I never completed OoT, but I watched and helped my brother physically do it so I feel like I have.

Wilbur

Banned
FADY MEGAPOST

Spider-Man 2 is overrated. X-Men 2 is overrated. First Class is better than both.

all x-men movies suck dick. they're awful. bryan singer is awful.

X2 has Brian Cox as the villain and he's one of my very favourite actors. Points for that alone.

As far as fun goes Kick-Ass is my favourite comic/super hero movie of the past few years :D

Yeah, great fun.

Avengers was a brainless action flick.

It was good but nowhere near deserving all the praise it received.

It was average. I sometimes wonder if half the praise was because it wasn't shit and people were surprised.

iron man is even worse in that regard.

At least that had a sublime RDJ performance, whereas Avengers has him saying tired schtick.

Irishman with a bag on his head and some perfume

:lol :lol :lol

Man Arnie I don't tell you enough, but i want to jerk you off

ledger's performance is the only one in the trilogy i was impressed with.

all of the other ones range from decent to genuinely hilarious (bane) to mostly just forgettable.

In BB Bale, Neeson and Murphy are great (special mention to Tom Wilkinson)
In TDK Oldman, Eckhart and Ledger are all great (special mention to Eric Roberts)
In TDKR Bale, Hathaway and Hardy are all great (special mention to that cop whose hat comes off)

Has everyone heard that story about the hospital receptionist who was tricked into putting a prank call through to the Duchess of Cambridge?

Sky News are reporting that she's committed suicide because of this.

Yeah, its shocking stuff. Clearly not all there anyway though, not like much harm was done from the prank. Aussies that did it should feel guilty though.

This pseudo-backlash against The Dark Knight is hilarious. It's clearly the best of the three films.

Meh, it jars a little as a coherent experience (and TDKR is guilty of this as well), and its missing something when Ledger isn't on screen

Our film taste is usually pretty symbiotic, but I can't agree with him in this instance.

Liam Neeson should stick to shooting Turkish people, and Cillian Murphy should stick to walking the streets of London with his little johnson out.

Let me jerk you off

The Nolan trilogy is a perfect trilogy. Best trilogies, off the the top of my head:
1. Indiana Jones
2. Die Hard
3. Nolan Batman

1. LOTR
2. Indy
3. Nolan Batman

Temple of Doom was a bit crap.

That fucker Shortround ruined the movie for me.

I love Temple Of Doom, better than Last Crusade for my money

I really like the Godfather trilogy. Lord of the Rings too.

My problem with the Godfathers is that 3 is average (not shit, just shit in comparison), but the second just seems totally pointless. I enjoy it, but I could have done without it. Outside Pacino's performance, none of his storyline really matters. Should have taken all the De Niro scenes, intercut them into the first one and had a four and a half hour movie that is even more perfect than before

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen the third Godfather, but I want to.

Going to watch Killing Them Softly later at the Uni cinema, I've heard mixed things, so I'm going in with a fairly open mind. I'll garner some rudimentary pleasure from seeing Tony Soprano in a gangster setting, regardless of the film itself.

I fucking loved it, my favourite film of the year so far... but it isn't what its been marketed to be.

However, knowing you liked Tinker Tailor as much as I, there's a chance you'll like the slow burn of KTS too.

Is that the one with like a few levels, and one of them is in a car park (and you have to reach an elevator)? I think I had it, but I was at an age where my brother played everything and I just watched, content. Like, I never completed OoT, but I watched and helped my brother physically do it so I feel like I have.

Yeah it is. But that was Die Hard 1. I liked Die Hard 2 much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg4a-i4OYDE

3Sixty

Part 3 is so so so bad. Sofia Coppola to Pachino phoning it in. The incest storyline THE HELICOPTER SCENE. Stop making me think about it please.

Arnie

I fucking loved it, my favourite film of the year so far... but it isn't what its been marketed to be.

However, knowing you liked Tinker Tailor as much as I, there's a chance you'll like the slow burn of KTS too.
Yep, loved Tinker Tailor, hoping to love this.

Pizza's en route and I've gone for Tandoori Hot, I'll be shitting fire come tomorrow.
Yeah it is. But that was Die Hard 1. I liked Die Hard 2 much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg4a-i4OYDE

Oh shit, I remember this, the 'not my day' line made me smile.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm going to a pub party in Hounslow tonight so if I die:

Arnold, you may have the residual bits of sperm in my knickers
Wooden, you may have the fourteen pubes that gather around my penis
Blablurn, you may have the piece of paper I've just written fuck Bayern on
Viva, you may have access to my bank account. There's about 27 quid
Doicare, you may have my brain matter
Yurt and Zabo, you may share my pack of everton mints

Wilbur

Banned
I repeat; all Pacino's bits were good but pointless. The Godfather story was done after the first one for me.

I enjoyed the film immensely, solid 8/10, but not a patch on the first

Arnie

I'm going to a pub party in Hounslow tonight so if I die:

Arnold, you may have the residual bits of sperm in my knickers

I'll get Free to bag them and send them up.

I'm not going out until late next week, it all got a bit heavy on Wednesday and I ended up urinating on a sacred text. I'm now, after 20 years of being resolutely atheist, convinced I'm going to some form of hell. This Dominos is just a snack before the inevitable.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll get Free to bag them and send them up.

I'm not going out until late next week, it all got a bit heavy on Wednesday and I ended up urinating on a sacred text. I'm now, after 20 years of being resolutely atheist, convinced I'm going to some form of hell. This Dominos is just a snack before the inevitable.

Oh my

I pissed on a church a few times, does that count?

Arnie

Oh my

I pissed on a church a few times, does that count?

I think they're both pretty similar.

I swear though, as I was urinating and laughing simultaneously at the steam rising from my friend's bible, it all felt so right. There's a picture, somewhere, but I'll save that for a later date (and time).

Wilbur

Banned
I think they're both pretty similar.

I swear though, as I was urinating and laughing simultaneously at the steam rising from my friend's bible, it all felt so right. There's a picture, somewhere, but I'll save that for a later date (and time).

If Liverpool win a cup this year, you have to PM it to me

I did, if only because I had to. Read the first three, I think. Entirely forgettable.

Why did you have to?

Also, do you think they'd lose anything if I read them after playing the games, or would I be better off reading them alongside playing the games, so its all in chronological order?

Meier

I thought The Avengers was rather overrated but still enjoyable. Nowhere near good enough to warrant as much praise as it received though. Kick-Ass is definitely the best super hero film of the past few years although I'd give The Dark Knight the edge over it if we go back beyond that.

Blablurn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom