• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

The whole idea behind Santa is stupid anyway. Why would a fat dude with a beard come down my fucking chimney and leave me free shit?

We don't live in that kind of world and if I had kids they'd see how grim the world really is for themselves. They'd never believe in such crap.

All you'd have to do is pull your pants down. Then they'll believe how grim the world is.

Skip to 45 secs in this video to see Rio really goading the hell out of the City fans.

I will rip your fucking neck off...yesss yesss yessss

Lol. So who wants to keep peddling that argument?

I'm neither a City or United fan, and I don't see the "goading the hell out of city fans" you talk about. He briefly celebrated the goal, was about to pull his shirt over his head and then he gets hit with a coin in the face. I can only presume you are a City fan. It might be time to take those sky blue tinted glasses off.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm neither a City or United fan, and I don't see the "goading the hell out of city fans" you talk about. He briefly celebrated the goal, was about to pull his shirt over his head and then he gets hit with a coin in the face. I can only presume you are a City fan. It might be time to take those sky blue tinted glasses off.

Oh my word this is my favourite post of all time

gonna bookmark it and wank into my mcfc socks

Well now that we are speaking of Santa. At my school we are doing this thing with the kids all december where they pull 5 names from a hat each day (yes each kid gets one in the end and only once per kid) and the winner gets these cake things called honey hearts.

GyZ7G.png

Santa does it each and every fucking day, but Santa is on vacation this week so guess who they have forced to do it. I'm going to be a fucking awesome Santa.

That's just messed up!

You only say that cause you don't know how well it works.

From that thread:

Deary me.
I loved the people who were also saying stuff like, letting your children believe in Santa is a great life lesson because once they find out Santa isn't real, it'll make your child think critically about other things, like religion, and push them toward the path of atheism.

Now for arguments sake, lets say kids stop believing in Santa somewhere between the ages of 4 and 8 (I don't know). And opinions of religion aside. How many kids are really finding out Santa isn't real and then sitting down for a ponder over life's great unanswered questions? "Having now just found out that Santa Claus is merely a figment of one's imagination. One wonders what other assumed truths one has fallen for. God perhap?"

Fucking hell. What sort of thought processes do these people think children go through? You probably find out Santa isn't real, feel upset for a bit, and then go about your day.

omg-oh-my-god_akshay-kumar.jpg

Been thinking of a good way to respond to this for the last 5 minutes but I got nothing.

One day the right gif will be available.

GorillaJu

When I was a kid my friends all told me Santa doesn't exist but my parents kept telling me he did. When it turned out my friends were right and my parents were lying I was pissed.

Still, I feel like the Santa myth is important to children. I absolutely loved Christmas time when I was a kid and it was all about the mysterious Mr Claus, but when my kids figure it out that it may or may not be true I won't hide reality from them.

As usual Gaf has to psychoanalyze every element and come up with some bullshit farce about how it's "harmful." If you've ever been around little 4-5 year olds and seen their faces light up when you mention Santa, "harmful" isn't the word you'd search for. A bit of happiness isn't harmful.

Telling a kid who grows up in a warm house with food given to them on a plate every meal of every day to say "I appreciate the work you've done for me" after you try to appeal to logic and explain that you slave away 10 hours a day to buy them toys and clothes is insanity. Kids don't follow adult logic. Fuck, girlfriends, wives or anyone who depends on the paycheck of another don't appreciate that logic either.

Lolllllll dude viva is the biggest city fan you'll ever meet. Don't listen to what he has to say he hates United so much he once had a shit on frogsuns front doorstep

When I was a kid my friends all told me Santa doesn't exist but my parents kept telling me he did. When it turned out my friends were right and my parents were lying I was pissed.

Still, I feel like the Santa myth is important to children. I absolutely loved Christmas time when I was a kid and it was all about the mysterious Mr Claus, but when my kids figure it out that it may or may not be true I won't hide reality from them.

As usual Gaf has to psychoanalyze every element and come up with some bullshit farce about how it's "harmful." If you've ever been around little 4-5 year olds and seen their faces light up when you mention Santa, "harmful" isn't the word you'd search for. A bit of happiness isn't harmful.

Telling a kid who grows up in a warm house with food given to them on a plate every meal of every day to say "I appreciate the work you've done for me" after you try to appeal to logic and explain that you slave away 10 hours a day to buy them toys and clothes is insanity. Kids don't follow adult logic. Fuck, girlfriends, wives or anyone who depends on the paycheck of another don't appreciate that logic either.
I tried to explain that too.

To be honest, the people agreeing with the OP sounded like bitter twats who would happily ruin some otherwise magical childhood moments for the sake of getting the credit they felt they would deserve for supplying their children with such wonderful gifts.

Also worth noting that just about everybody who agreed with the OP didn't have kids.

Been thinking of a good way to respond to this for the last 5 minutes but I got nothing.

One day the right gif will be available.

Is there something I've missed here? I've watched that video 3 times and I still can't see the terrible goading he's supposed to have committed. Shaky, terrible quality mobile phone footage of Ferdinand and......?

Unless the suggestion is that footballers can't celebrate goals anymore. Anyway given the proper levels of goading that Adebayor performed against Arsenal fans when he was in a City shirt, unless you can show me historical posts where you criticised him for his behavior then it's a bit pot calling kettle isn't it?

Is there something I've missed here? I've watched that video 3 times and I still can't see the terrible goading he's supposed to have committed. Shaky, terrible quality mobile phone footage of Ferdinand and......?

Unless the suggestion is that footballers can't celebrate goals anymore. Anyway given the proper levels of goading that Adebayor performed against Arsenal fans when he was in a City shirt, unless you can show me historical posts where you criticised him for his behavior then it's a bit pot calling kettle isn't it?

What you have missed was his sarcasm and that he's a United supporter.

Clegg

I'm going to save your two responses, print them off, and frame them.

Absolute genius.

Viva is a United fan and was being sarcastic in regard to Rio's goading.

Wilbur

Banned

tumblr_m2c2sq44LJ1r49gnm.gif

So this is what inception feels like.

Kyle ruined it too!!! Chelsea fans hates fun this time of the year.
We're so bitter from having been ridiculed all these years by other fans calling us plastic etc that we just come in and ruin fun wherever we can find it. That's what we do. That and we always have terrible winter form and we get extra cranky.

Hahaha, I just noticed he's a united fan by checking the start of the thread. I honestly didn't realise. I don't post often enough in this thread to get the sarcasm! :p

GorillaJu

Ashley Young and Phil Jones apparently were goading as well and according to the Guardian Jones was booked for trying to incite reaction from the crowd.

Also god damn Stoke City are in good form.

Hahaha, I just noticed he's a united fan by checking the start of the thread. I honestly didn't realise. I don't post often enough in this thread to get the sarcasm! :p

omg-oh-my-god_akshay-kumar.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Ashley Young and Phil Jones apparently were goading as well and according to the Guardian Jones was booked for trying to incite reaction from the crowd.

Also god damn Stoke City are in good form.

Ashley Young put his hands up running back to the centre circle, I believe. Apparently this is goading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom