• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

A9s4e56CMAEPD1L.jpg

Xfactor UK final lol

K1LLER7

We started with Giggs and Scholes at the Etihad last April.

There was no sign of them even getting on the pitch today though. Do you think SAF has come to the conclusion that we need something different in the big matches?
Warming up for Kagawa's return. Don't think Scholes and Giggs will be used unless its a home game or the FA Cup.

Hope Carrick and Cleverly are the main 2 midfielders for big games now. Getting a CM/winger in jan would be perfect.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Messi: "It was more you, the press, who talked about Muller's record. It's broken now, so you shouldn't talk about it anymore... (smiles)"

Looooooool.

Boss.

Still...if Ronaldo said that.

kharma45

Warming up for Kagawa's return. Don't think Scholes and Giggs will be used unless its a home game or the FA Cup.

Hope Carrick and Cleverly are the main 2 midfielders for big games now. Getting a CM/winger in jan would be perfect.

Unless we can offload Nani no more wingers.

ShogunX

Michael Owen is the worst pundit in history. Sits there like a fucking plank pointing out the obvious like it's some kind of secret insider information.

K1LLER7

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Messi: "It was more you, the press, who talked about Muller's record. It's broken now, so you shouldn't talk about it anymore... (smiles)"

Looooooool.

Boss.

You know deep down he wanted to break it.

Hixx

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
4 - Darron Gibson has played 48 times in the Premier League and has only been on the losing side four times. Charmed.

That is a rather mental stat.

Scum

Bugger! Lost 3-2 to the Cunts in the Europa Lge Final. Tevez the Tormentor. Cunt.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Looooooool.

Boss.

Dat Messi. Congrats to him again. Great to see a player of his calibre in our footy generation.

Oxx

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Looooooool.

Boss.

If only there was someone who played like Messi, but talked shit like Ibra.

Best players I've ever seen play in my lifetime are Messi, both Ronaldos, Zidane and Henry when he was at Arsenal.

Also best defender I've ever seen was Jaap Stam. What a beast he was.

K1LLER7

Michael Owen is the worst pundit in history. Sits there like a fucking plank pointing out the obvious like it's some kind of secret insider information.
He still rocking that moustache?

Unless we can offload Nani no more wingers.
I think Nani's gone tbh. Won't be back for another month apparently. Perfect time to sell him and bring in a replacement. Someone consistent and has good delivery.

Giggs and Scholes are playing next week. Book it.

Man can't for Shinji to come back.
Shinji return against Sunderland would be fantastic. Fergie better put him on the bench at least.

I can't actually believe there's a thread saying its harmful to lie to your kids and pretend santa is real

Sometimes I feel Neogaf is so ridiculously detached from people I meet in real life, its like some kid heard a theory somewhere and tries to pass it off as their own real opinion most of the time

Damn motherfucking typo

Hixx

I can't actually believe there's a thread saying its harmless to lie to your kids and pretend santa is real

Sometimes I feel Neogaf is so ridiculously detached from people I meet in real life, its like some kid heard a theory somewhere and tries to pass it off as their own real opinion most of the time

It is harmless..

Who would take away the wonder of Santa from a kid? Monsters.

I can't actually believe there's a thread saying its harmless to lie to your kids and pretend santa is real

It is though isnt it? I mean you tell them eventually or if it's getting out of hand..

Do you really think that it harms them?

Not that I agree you have to tell them Santa is real no matter what, but I certainly don't think it's harmful.

Edit : Fuck, all you guys are fast.

K1LLER7

Best players I've ever seen play in my lifetime are Messi, both Ronaldos, Zidane and Henry when he was at Arsenal.

Also best defender I've ever seen was Jaap Stam. What a beast he was.
Ronaldinho and Scholes too.

Saw Lampard 4/5th in the list of top scorers in the PL. amazing achievement for a midfielder to get 160+ goals. One of the best midfielders.

The joys of a typo

I'm not a monster of course I think its harmless for kids to believe in santa I find it baffling how anyone could think otherwise to be honest

Clegg

Nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa

There's nothing wrong with believing in God either.

But there are fanatics on Neogaf who would have you believe differently.

Yen

Nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa

There's nothing wrong with believing in God either.

But there are fanatics on Neogaf who would have you believe differently.

Re: God and Dawkins
I read recently that Ricky Dawkins was holding a talk at Oxford, and he managed to get a third of the audience to agree with him that encouraging children to believe in God is much more worse than a child being sexually abused. Holy shit.

Thing is, you believed it as a kid but as you get older you sort of grow out of it, I don't think I ever had a conversation with my parents detailing to a younger more innocent me that Santa wasn't real.

They're still lying to me

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool are 5th in the form table. That's quite impressive really, just need to make the most of this fairly reasonable run. 10 points from the next 4 matches is very achievable.

Ronaldinho and Scholes too.

Saw Lampard 4/5th in the list of top scorers in the PL. amazing achievement for a midfielder to get 160+ goals. One of the best midfielders.

Aye those as well. Hmm if I had to make a best 11 of players I've seen in their prime I think it would be something like this

Schmeichel

Cafu - Stam - Maldini - R. Carlos

Makelele - Scholes

Messi - Zidane - Henry

Ronaldo (Brazilian)

Oh wow West Brom got fucked over big time. Didn't see the highlights from yesterday.

You missed Lightning being on a roll then

We won today fair and square. The first penalty was fortunate, the second penalty was clear cut. West Brom never even looked like scoring against us while had our finishing been of proper standard we could of won by 5 goals today. Podolski missed a sitter, Gervingo missed 2 golden chances we were clearly the better team and deserved 3 points.

The second one could go either way, Cazorla was taken down with no call just outside the penalty box as well. The ref had an inconsistent game but if Chamberlain was a foul then the one on Cazorla just outside the penalty which also wasn't called should have been a very promising free kick for us where Cazorla has scored from in the past.

Fair and square and they should have had a freekick where Cazorla scored from before. :lol

Clegg

Re: God and Dawkins
I read recently that Ricky Dawkins was holding a talk at Oxford, and he managed to get a third of the audience to agree with him that encouraging children to believe in God is much more worse than a child being sexually abused. Holy shit.

I always thought Dawkins was rather reasonable when he talked about God.

But I feel like he's gotten more bitter and hard-line in views over the years.

He's also got thousands of supporters that hang on his every word and look down on people that are religious.

I can't stand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom