• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're seeing some experimentation from Lambert today:

Starting XI v Norwich:
Given, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Lichaj, Herd, El Ahmadi, Holman, Delph, Bent and Benteke

And Ciaran Clark gets the Captain's Armband! <3

FootballFan

Guys this is too funny
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

:lol :lol that is awesome.

Why do some of you guys not want video technology? Is it about the whole slowing the game down line of thinking? I can understand that and all, but it can hurt some teams wrongfully in big games.

Doesn't matter, once video tech would get put in, then suggestions of "challenges" like in Tennis would come up, then they will start stopping the time when the ball goes out. Then the clock will be changed to go from 90 to 0. etc.

+ Barca wouldn't have won 09 CL Semis against Chelsea, and Inter wouldn't have beat us the next year etc. errors from the ref suck but I'd rather have mistakes from refs than replays, maybe thats just me though.

Imagine scoring a goal in 90th minute but the players don't celebrate, they wait and stare to see what the tv ref says after seeing the replay.. the celebration would be dull. Oh yay!! it was counted. Instead of GOOOOAALLL FUCK YEEEEaaHhg

Imagine scoring a goal in 90th minute but the players don't celebrate, they wait and stare to see what the tv ref says after seeing the replay.. the celebration would be dull. Oh yay!! it was counted. Instead of GOOOOAALLL FUCK YEEEEaaHhg

That's a silly point imo. Assuming that it wasn't a contentious winner, the players would celebrate as normal

rodvik

Starting XI v Norwich:
Given, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Lichaj, Herd, El Ahmadi, Holman, Delph, Bent and Benteke

Whoa, interesting. Hopefully KEA can force his way back into the starting team, he has had a poor run recently.

Timurid

Doesn't matter, once video tech would get put in, then suggestions of "challenges" like in Tennis would come up, then they will start stopping the time when the ball goes out. Then the clock will be changed to go from 90 to 0. etc.

+ Barca wouldn't have won 09 CL Semis against Chelsea, and Inter wouldn't have beat us the next year etc. errors from the ref suck but I'd rather have mistakes from refs than replays, maybe thats just me though.

I rather have dull goal celebration than no celebration at all.

Wes

venison crêpe

Starting XI v Norwich:

Westwood getting rested because he's so freaking good.

xintin

players would celebrate the goal anyway, they do it now in sports that have replays (NFL, NBA).

If anything it would lead to the opposite - celebrating only to be denied, like Jones at Sunderland :lol

FootballFan

That's a silly point imo. Assuming that it wasn't a contentious winner, the players would celebrate as normal

Well being in NZ I am kinda stuck seeing a lot of rugby, and that is how it usually seems to me. The thrill of scoring is kinda gone by the time the tv ref decides if it counted. Usually just a couple hi-5s.

Who knows though, maybe you are right, but I hope it never gets to the point where we will see lol.

I rather have dull goal celebration than no celebration at all.

I wouldn't.

Wes

venison crêpe

Norwich fan has put Aston Villa's Stan Petrov's name and number on the back of one of their home shirts in a show of support for his ongoing battle with leukemia.

What an incredibly classy move.

Westwood getting rested because he's so freaking good.

He was playing in League Two last year! He's amazing!

Why do some of you guys not want video technology? Is it about the whole slowing the game down line of thinking? I can understand that and all, but it can hurt some teams wrongfully in big games.

My personal opinion is that human error is part of the game and part of the passion that goes along with sports. Introducing this sort of technology removes that and I think makes the game lose something.

L1NETT

Hoping all you non-Bradford fans will be cheering on the bantams tonight!

I am pretty sure I am the only Bradford fan on Gaf :)

I urge you to watch out for Nathan Doyle and Nahki Wells, our two best players. Doyle is easily championship standard and Nahki has got bags of talent up front.

C'mon city!

Edit: just seen the arsenal line up.

Ruh oh!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We mean business with the squad we've fielding today. We better kick ass without any injuries.

Knowing Arsenal Cazorla will break his leg tonight and you'll go on to lose to Leeds in the final.

At least you're in this cup though. We lost to Norwich in the last 10 minutes in the last round.

Yen

I think opposition to goal line tech is ridiculous. Needless errors should not be part of the game, and to ensure these errors still happen because the "human element" is part of the game is just stupid.

Wilbur

Banned
now to post properly, fuck this cunt machine

I urge you to watch out for Nathan Doyle and Nahki Wells, our two best players. Doyle is easily championship standard and Nahki has got bags of talent up front.

C'mon city!

Ruh oh!

Cheering for you lads if only because Wenger's a fucking moron who will play his first team and inevitably knacker them out so they lose to Birmingham in the final

C'mon city!

Ruh oh!

Sorry bro. You know I would, but I've got Arsenal in the accumulator. Welcome to the thread btw. Watch out for some of these guys. Their taste is so bad, their posts can give you syphilis just by reading them. Some of them actually think that Bane was a good villain in DKR

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry bro. You know I would, but I've got Arsenal in the accumulator. Welcome to the thread btw. Watch out for some of these guys. Their taste is so bad, their posts can give you syphilis just by reading them. Some of them actually think that Bane was a good villain in DKR

well that backfired didn't it you oaf

GQman2121

Banned
I have no idea how people deal with contacts. I just don't like sticking shit into my eyes. I've been wearing glasses for two years now and tried contacts at the doctors office just to have an option, but it was a no go. I like wearing glasses anyway.

I'll definitely try Dishonored out!

Yurt: I have Deus Ex as well on Steam! Picked it up in the sales just not got round to playing it yet.

Dishonored always gave me the Max 3, AC3, Far Cry 3 bargin bin vibes. I'll check it out in the summer.

I picked Spec-Ops, Sly Collection, Sports Champions 2 and Deus Ex for $40 total on black Friday weekend. I've opened none of them yet. I didn't really care for the Spec-Ops demo, but for $10 I figured why not. Like Dishonored, it's one of the more divisive games released this year.

That would be me too! ;-)

Really hope Peter Beagrie is a pundit tonight. Absolute legend at Bradford, hoping for some bias in the studio.

Oh Christ, there's another one

Out of interest, why are some people with football avatars gaming-side so reluctant to get involved in this thread?

edit: Fuck off Wilbury

Freewheelin' > Wilberg

Fady K

Hmmm..I can understand the errors being part of the game and all, but I really think it is better to have it fairer rather than down to mistakes. I will never complain about winning due to an offside goal I think, but I would prefer winning the awesome way. I love how Barca is kicking ass these days with barely any errors handed to them <3

Here is the thing though - they won't always have to stop the play - only when the team REALLY contends it for example. In tennis they have a limited number of times, so maybe they can try that in football too? Not when Platini is around though of course!

Oh em effin g.

Norwich fan has put Aston Villa's Stan Petrov's name and number on the back of one of their home shirts in a show of support for his ongoing battle with leukemia.

What an incredibly classy move.

I love fans like this. Inspiring. Football needs more of these guys.

My personal opinion is that human error is part of the game and part of the passion that goes along with sports. Introducing this sort of technology removes that and I think makes the game lose something.

It would be different sure, but the human errors are still errors that can ruin a game as well IMO. I think when almost every major sport has it, football can as well especially with it being one of the leading sports in the world. I do think human error can take away some of the fun - but it can also provide a fairer image of all matches IMO.

I think opposition to goal line tech is ridiculous. Needless errors should not be part of the game, and to ensure these errors still happen because the "human element" is part of the game is just stupid.

This is how I feel as well Yenrot.

Meier

Big Boi album out today so I'm finally checking it out. Think it was Slizz talking about how good it was a week or two ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom