• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with the one that made contact. I do admit he raised his other hand though.

If you turn your back with your arms spread, you can't whinge when the ball hits one of them imo

I'm harsher than most with handballs though, and think that Allen's was also a handball against West Ham

kharma45

I did! But honestly, I couldn't tell the difference.

No headache/eye strain I guess?

You couldn't tell the difference?! :|

WHAT?

WHY?

Fuck me, not orcs and giant spiders again?
ibnH8LyGosv5Ro.gif

The third film, There and Back Again, will focus on
Sauron's rise
most likely (I can't see it being in film 2) whereas Desolation of Smaug will be all about getting into Erebor and taking it back from Smaug.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Teixeira "I have a dream of playing for Juventus"

What a weird dream, but I'll take you baby!

Is he good?
You couldn't tell the difference?! :|

Haven't seen that many 3D movies really and I have a bad eye for these things.

kharma45

Whether it was in 3D or not the frame rate being doubled should've been immediately noticeable, where it would look, to just be basic, a lot smoother than any other film and make it look like the 100Hz post-processing some LCD TVs offer.

Timurid

Teixeira "I have a dream of playing for Juventus"

What a weird dream, but I'll take you baby!

Is he good?

He is better than what you have.

I liked the 48 fps with the 3D. It really made the screen crystal clear throughout the film. I love how i post in the hobbit thread about how the 48 fps was really good blablabla. Then the next post was some JT that said the visuals in the film were bad. :(

kharma45

He is better than what you have.

I liked the 48 fps with the 3D. It really made the screen crystal clear throughout the film. I love how i post in the hobbit thread about how the 48 fps was really good blablabla. Then the next post was some JT that said the visuals in the film were bad. :(

It does cheapen some of them (like at the start of the film, really accentuates the fact that Bag End is a set), and highlights some of the poor CG in the film.

Whilst the visuals aren't by any means bad overall it could've done with less CG and more miniatures, as well as more real extras.

Whether it was in 3D or not the frame rate being doubled should've been immediately noticeable, where it would look, to just be basic, a lot smoother than any other film and make it look like the 100Hz post-processing some LCD TVs offer.

I will be seeing it in 24fps because my eyes are shit :(

Meier

If you read the article, everything is very encouraging:

Manchester City have announced annual losses of £97.9m. Although the sum is still enormous, it is less than half the £197.5m from 12 months' ago.

And with City reporting turnover in the 2011-12 season of £231.1m, the highest in the club's history, it underlines the rapid progress being made by the Premier League champions in establishing themselves as one of Europe's elite clubs.

Although failure to progress from the Champions League group stage has had an obvious impact on turnover, this year and last, the club are still delighted with the performance.

And they are confident even the huge losses confirmed on Friday will not have an impact on their ability to meet Uefa's strict Financial Fair Play guidelines as £15m comes from infrastructure and youth development costs. More importantly, approximately £80m comes from contracts that pre-date 2010, from which City expect to get some kind of relief.
While the results show marginal increases in gate receipts and TV revenue, it is in the commercial sector where City are making huge gains. Revenue went up from £64.7m to £121.1m, underlining City's increased growing global exposure, which is being shown in all areas, from merchandise to club tours.

Did Sahin break his nose against West Ham btw? Very odd to be subbed for a bleeding nose

@FW, yeah, pretty consistent 60fps.How come you can handle that, but not 48fps film?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did Sahin break his nose against West Ham btw? Very odd to be subbed for a bleeding nose

@FW, yeah, pretty consistent 60fps.How come you can handle that, but not 48fps film?

Sahin's a wimp. He'll never make it in the PL, he doesn't have the balls to step his game up.

Are those City results EBITDA?

Would like to see a breakdown to see where those savings were made. Impressive figures.

Anyhow, it only bares relevance under FFP. If FFP is regulated then City will be at a massive disadvantage to other clubs. I really don't see how they can offset that without signing more deals with related parties.

pulga

Banned
Fuck the world. Those poor kids.

Edit: I'll be @ Barcelona for New Years. Come at me, barcunts.

Edit 2: Cuntlerdos

Edit: If I see Messi walking around I won't hesitate to two foot tackle him. You have my sword, FootyGAF.

Arnie

Yep.
Sahin's a wimp. He'll never make it in the PL, he doesn't have the balls to step his game up.
Eh, it's not as if Germany's any less physical.

For the record, I don't think he'll make it here either, but I think it's the pace more than anything. I'll give him time though, but it's definitely telling that I'd rather see Henderson playing than him (although Henderson's been brilliant this season).

derExperte

i hope martinez is alright.

Could btw very well have been a penalty, the arm of the other guy was almost 100% extended when he hit Martinez in the face. Who now has trouble seeing straight according to the commentator. Aaaand not offside while still 0 shots on goal by Gladbach apart from the penalty. What is going on?

Messi

Fuck the world. Those poor kids.

Edit: I'll be @ Barcelona for New Years. Come at me, barcunts.

Edit 2: Cuntlerdos

Edit: If I see Messi walking around I won't hesitate to two foot tackle him. You have my sword, FootyGAF.

You mean me or the real Messi?

Eh, it's not as if Germany's any less physical.

For the record, I don't think he'll make it here either, but I think it's the pace more than anything. I'll give him time though, but it's definitely telling that I'd rather see Henderson playing than him (although Henderson's been brilliant this season).
Too early to make that sort of judgement. He's been here 3 months.

He does seem to be struggling with the pace but I don't think it's the a physical problem...I think he just expects and anticipates alot more time and space on the ball than you get in this league.

That seems like something which an obv. good player like Sahin can adapt to.

No doubting that he hasn't been anywhere near as good as expected but I think it's far too early to write him off.

Arnie

Too early to make that sort of judgement. He's been here 3 months.

He does seem to be struggling with the pace but I don't think it's the a physical problem...I think he just expects and anticipates alot more time and space on the ball than you get in this league.

That seems like something which an obv. good player like Sahin can adapt to.

No doubting that he hasn't been anywhere near as good as expected but I think it's far too early to write him off.
True, and I haven't given up all hope. It's just such a gap between everything I'd heard about him as a player, compared with how he's performed, multiplied by how well the rest of our midfield has performed thus far. When players like Shelvey and Henderson are struggling to start there, and considering they've been pretty great, it's going to take a proverbial mountain for Sahin to break in.

Saying that, he's proven quality, and if he does start to catch up with the pace of things then I'm sure he'll see more game time. Europa League and FA Cup will kick in soon, and then he'll get more games.

Meier

Neymar dyed his 'beard' blonde. What a nob.

A-GoSP8CcAAAHFI.png

I don't even understand how one would do that with so little hair on their face. He's a funny guy -- I can't wait to see him in Europe. City are supposedly interested in Santos' keeper to further push Joe Hart. I guess they had a rather poor year and will probably need to make some wholesale changes. No clue the validity but I know a few sites were reporting it earlier this week.

dc89

If you read the article, everything is very encouraging:

Also lots of other cool little factoids in the announcement by the club! Stuff not financially related either :p

---

- City in the Community saw the club pledge over 42,000 hours to local charitable causes
- City in the Community has impacted the lives of 230,000 people. <3
- Etihad Campus will save 56,000 miles in road travel, not sure on what time scale
- 62% of members live within 10 miles of the stadium
- 9500 members in Abu Dhabi. Fady is one of them (if only in spirit) <3
- City had less injuries than any other PL team last season. More active international players than anyone else in Europe
- According to EA Sports City are now the third most popular team on FIFA. #Massive
- Real Madrid are 1st, Barca 2nd, City 3rd, United 4th
- Over half the visitors to mcfc.co.uk are now from oversea's. Oversea's visitors up 50%
- 60% of the people working on the remediation of the Etihad Campus grounds were longterm unemployed locals.

----

Here are some financial stats!

- Staff costs rose from 174m to 201.79m
- Highest paid director got £850,000 (not me :( )
- Football staff up to 237 from 205. Commercial staff up to 239 from 181.
- 848,000 paid in corporation tax. #tacklingthedeficit
- £169m in new equity was released to the club. The Glazers in reverse. <333333333333

And on the Campus Henry Winter said the work they showed today is incredibly impressive, drawing comparisons to the Olympic Park. Can't wait to see it.

Also lots of other cool little factoids in the announcement by the club! Stuff not financially related either :p

---

- City in the Community saw the club pledge over 42,000 hours to local charitable causes
- City in the Community has impacted the lives of 230,000 people. <3
- Etihad Campus will save 56,000 miles in road travel, not sure on what time scale
- 62% of members live within 10 miles of the stadium
- 9500 members in Abu Dhabi. Fady is one of them (if only in spirit) <3
- City had less injuries than any other PL team last season. More active international players than anyone else in Europe
- According to EA Sports City are now the third most popular team on FIFA. #Massive
- Real Madrid are 1st, Barca 2nd, City 3rd, United 4th
- Over half the visitors to mcfc.co.uk are now from oversea's. Oversea's visitors up 50%
- 60% of the people working on the remediation of the Etihad Campus grounds were longterm unemployed locals.

----

Here are some financial stats!

- Staff costs rose from 174m to 201.79m
- Highest paid director got £850,000 (not me :( )
- Football staff up to 237 from 205. Commercial staff up to 239 from 181.
- 848,000 paid in corporation tax. #tacklingthedeficit
- £169m in new equity was released to the club. The Glazers in reverse. <333333333333

And on the Campus Henry Winter said the work they showed today is incredibly impressive, drawing comparisons to the Olympic Park. Can't wait to see it.
Massive.

jtb

Banned
Kept posting fake information, the same shit the media pulls in sensationalist stories like this. Good riddance, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom