• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
483518_458367780888809_996471410_n.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
How super confident are Liverpool fans ahead of their match tomorrow?

On RAWK it seems to range from super confident to eye-gougingly confident.

Confident to the point that I'm worried it'll spill over into arrogance and bite us in the arse, as it has a habit of doing.

I'm looking forward to our matches again though, which is great

@pulga, fuck next year. 3rd place this year, title next.

faridmon

I think Last FM won't even acknowladge some Albums. Underrated by Lillies and remains/Purple/Sekaitanaband have dissapeared completely. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Clegg

It will be another five years until Liverpool are regular challengers for the title imo.

And in five years Arsenal will be on their way down to mid-table obscurity.

As one club falls another takes its place.

Clegg

Better than I expected. I'll elaborate more when I get home. You'll have a few hours to build hype for my PR.

It's good for City because they've reduced their losses by £100m over the last year. They've also increased their revenue to £231m.

But they've still made a loss of £97m so fuck them.

dc89

#basedsoriano is going to eat in to that £100m loss. We'll be in profit in the next 2 years. We are behind you Mr Soriano, you can do it!

Yen

Another school shooting in the US, news saying about 27 dead, unconfirmed though. Fuck this place...

And yet a fair few Gaffers (and more importantly, a massive chunk of the US population) are against gun reforms.

LegoArmo

Every time something like this happens, I can't believe how pro-gun ownership a lot of GAF is. It worries me.

Tearing up a little reading that thread.

Az

You know, I respect everyone's opinion but when it comes to hurting children that is something I cannot let go. If any person can be anti-regulation after this, they can go fuck themselves.

ShogunX

Another school shooting in the US, news saying about 27 dead, unconfirmed though. Fuck this place...

The more I see Americans justify gun ownership with ''the right to bear arms'' and ''land of the free'' the more disillusioned with that country I become. Ban or severely restrict guns America.

Arnie

Stupidly confident, because Villa have been good in the last few games (conceded a single goal). Will probably come back to bite me in the arse, but at least I'm looking forward to it in an optimistic sense, for a change.
Pardew's eight year contract pales into insignificance when contrasted against an eternal contract of utter stupidity that gives any old nutjob the right to bear arms.

The more I see Americans justify gun ownership with ''the right to bear arms'' and ''land of the free'' the more disillusioned with that country I become. Ban or severely restrict guns America.
This wouldn't have happened if the kids at that school all carried guns

Edit: No wait that's a horrible joke

This is incredibly tragic and I can't see how anybody could justify the way gun ownership is handled in the US

FootballFan

This wouldn't have happened if the kids at that school all carried guns

Edit: No wait that's a horrible joke

This is incredibly tragic and I can't see how anybody could justify the way gun ownership is handled in the US

Even cops don't carry guns here.. It seems in the US all your neighbours have guns.

A scientist on Fox News is blaming video games and facebook.

The generation of idiots who didn't grow up with video games and think they are the products of Satan will luckily be gone soonish, everyone grows up with video games today and know what bullshit it is.

I think the problem is the availability of firearms.

The whole gun issue isn't really clear cut. I remember reading a piece, I think from Steven Levitt. The way he explained it, pretty much, was that legally held weapons are vary rarely used in crimes. So to control the weapons that your law abiding citizens can obtain really shouldn't effect gun crime. That's to say, and obviously I can't speak for this situation because we don't know yet, that the average gun criminal isn't going through the application process and then buying weapons legally. The US may have the most guns per capita but the overwhelming majority are owned by sane people. Then there's the argument that concealed carry laws may actually prevent would be gun criminals.

As far as developed countries go, I think Finland is after the US in regard to guns per capita. Although they still don't have nearly as many as the US. But their gun crime, if memory serves, is incredibly low. Relatively so compared to places like the UK, who have much stricter laws. So simply limiting the access or ease of access to weapons doesn't necessarily help the problem.

Also worth noting that even in the UK you can have a weapons licence, usually for hunting weapons. But those aren't the guns that end up in crimes. The US, in a sense, isn't much different in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom