• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

not suprised :lolerpool have struck again. the moment liverpool fans excitedly started mentioning being four points off top four last week it was inevitable.

ibkt5dluWV9zPx.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fucking Shawcross. The one time I want a Stoke win and this twat shits himself.

I am not a Liverpool supporter, but what the f**k are you lot doing?

First 10 minutes I thought Villa had no chance what so ever, defender switched off and did not go with Weimann.

Salazar

not suprised :lolerpool have struck again. the moment liverpool fans excitedly started mentioning being four points off top four last week it was inevitable.

The RAWK "the next five games - how many points to expect ?" thread was like that Athenian cult where devotees would get blotto on narcotic leaves and then hammer their cocks off with blunt rocks.

Just puzzling to an outsider.

Hixx

James McClean, Man United centre half. That touch was comical.

Love how Larsson just gave up, fuck you you useless twat.

Arnie

The RAWK "the next five games - how many points to expect ?" thread was like that Athenian cult where devotees would get blotto on narcotic leaves and then hammer their cocks off with blunt rocks.

Just puzzling to an outsider.

And there it is.

ShogunX

Embarrassing this really. Villa are an average side who came to defend in numbers and hit us on the break.

It's worked perfectly but we really should of seen this coming.

GorillaJu

Both goals from Villa were top class, but why were we caught sleeping on both?

It's endemic. Liverpool just come into these games against struggling teams and don't even bother, it's like they think we deserve to win just by nature of being the "bigger" team.

Fucking abysmal. No impetus in the attack, either. Unless we change drastically in the second half, this is just another shitty performance at Anfield.

Wes

venison crêpe
Embarrassing this really. Villa are an average side who came to defend in numbers and hit us on the break.

It's worked perfectly but we really should of seen this coming.

You've had some really great chances in the first quarter of an hour. Baker I remember in aprticualr made a crucial goal saving tackle. At 21 he has a bright future ahead of him.

Can we keep up these levels of intensity and concentration in defence for another 45 minutes? I'm not sure. Heck of a long way to go yet.

Sterling continues to scare me. Hang on to him if you can.

Gerrard off, Henderson on
Shelvey/Sterling off, Suso on

This is fucking shite. Villa played into our hands until the Benteke goal, they were all over the place in midfield, letting our players get into all sorts of pockets. And what did we do with it? Constantly fuck the first touch up, the final pass, cross it to the first man or shoot 20 yards wide.

Downing has done okay, but pulled a Downing at one point. All the space he could hope for on his left foot, Suarez free in the box. Just has to pass the ball onto Suarez's run so he can take a free shot within 10 yards of goal. Instead he keeps his head down and twats it into the six yard box, where Sterling is waiting at the back post with a defender between him and the pass.

He thinks that's a good cross, because it was into a 'danger zone' and the keeper couldn't claim it. He plays a percentage game, and that just isn't good enough for a winger or attacking fullback

Meier

LFC have been playing solid football as of late. Shocking HT score. Villa looking very good since the loss to us. Weimann and Benteke are very good players.

elseanio

More urgency needed from Liverpool. Ball hasn't been in their box enough, and when it had we've been shite. Gerrard needs to be dropped

ShogunX

You've had some really great chances in the first quarter of an hour. Baker I remember in aprticualr made a crucial goal saving tackle. At 21 he has a bright future ahead of him.

Can we keep up these levels of intensity and concentration in defence for another 45 minutes? I'm not sure. Heck of a long way to go yet.

Sterling continues to scare me. Hang on to him if you can.

It's the same pretty much every single game. Come out of the blocks quickly against 10 men behind the ball, fail to score multiple chances, concede from a counter attack.

As for Sterling he's been pretty poor. Manged to get into some decent positions and then crossed it straight to Guzan every time. The game isn't over just yet but I fully expect Villa to park the bus this half and frustrate the hell out of us.

Until we stop being so wasteful we will always be susceptible to teams who come to Anfield and play on the counter.

Oh and bring Henderson on.

Hixx

Phil Brown, BBC 5 live at Old Trafford

"It is damage limitation as far as Sunderland are concerned in the second half. They have a great bench. Fraizer Campbell, Connor Wickham and Louis Saha are three strikers who could grace any team in the Premier League. But it is all about seeing where you are at after 70 minutes."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom