• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Ince is well worth the £4m. Sturridge is worth about £10m; he brings goals despite being a greedy cunt. Liverpool fans complaining about buying a striker is fucking beyond my comprehension

The point I was try to make was that if you look realistically at who you could bring in this window, Ince is less of a risk at £4m than anyone I can think of. Maybe Atsu would be another option, but he would cost €10 million and there's no guarantee he'd suit English football.

bud

walcott really isn't worth all the trouble. it's depressing that he's probably one of the best footballers at arsenal at the moment, but he's quite mediocre otherwise.

£6m for Huntelaar and 100k a week. Think I've seen him twice this year and once he was eating grass off the pitch and the other he got a goal against us. Not sure if want.

even giroud is a better footballer, dude.

GorillaJu

Tom Ince isn't going to solve our problems or push us into the top 2 (loooll) but as reinforcements he and Sturridge will both be good buys, if they're indeed done deals.

It's rare to get a big huge signing in January. But we desperately need some people.

Salazar

Liverpool fans complaining about buying a striker is fucking beyond my comprehension

R0wUu.gif

I fucking love transfer time. Fuck Christmas. Bring on dealz.

Arnie

Tom Ince isn't going to solve our problems or push us into the top 2 (loooll) but as reinforcements he and Sturridge will both be good buys, if they're indeed done deals.

It's rare to get a big huge signing in January. But we desperately need some people.

To be honest, I'd happily replace Downing with Ince and Cole with Sturridge. Right now, both are on larger wages, and both don't contribute to our starting lineup. Ince would come in and challenge Sterling, and Sturridge would offer a goal threat on the other flank. As we've established, Liverpool with these two players don't suddenly become a frightening prospect, but our attack looks a hell of a lot more balanced, and deep, even if the player count doesn't increase overall.

I think after the Carroll deal FSG are wary of spending large amounts in January, and I'd fully expect any marquee purchases to happen during the summer.

LegoArmo

Nothing wrong with buying English players if you get the right ones.

I'm not really comfortable with how freely Arsenal and Chelsea sell their players to (lol) rivals, though.

feel

Wtf I can't picture Chicharito in a Porto shirt. In any case if this is as partial payment for one of our Colombianos, no thanks.

Nothing wrong with buying English players if you get the right ones.

I'm not really comfortable with how freely Arsenal and Chelsea sell their players to (lol) rivals, though.
Yeah there's no way I'd be happy with United selling any of our potentially good players to any of the teams likely to finish in the top 5/6.

January is always a bad time for United fans.
Kagawa and Vidic will be like new signings.

LegoArmo

I doubt United will sign anyone, they're doing well as things are. Fully depends on Carrick and Anderson's injuries though. And how well they want to do in the Champions League.

Fergie was right though. Goals are apparently what matters most.

Chicharito story is rubbish. I don't see him wanting out anyways.

No way would we let him go unless we absolutely had to. He is far too valuable for us. If we sell him we have to go and buy another striker (Lewa!).

Nani is almost certainly on his way out as it is. I can't see us selling off two of our attacking players. If Porto want one of our players they can have Nani, otherwise we will just pay the £30m for James.

Arnie

Yeah there's no way I'd be happy with United selling any of our potentially good players to any of the teams likely to finish in the top 5/6.

Did you have sleepless nights over Gibson?

He also told me they could be in for Alexis or Villa doe 12 mil range.
Alexis is a fucking pipe dream, but you could sign Villa for that price.

In fact, considering his place in the pecking order, his age, and his recent injury, I think Barca would snap a club's hand off for £12 million.

GorillaJu

It'll be nice having some more black dudes at LFC. We have a depressingly low representation at the moment.

Ince is an exciting player. I haven't watched enough of him to really know his potential, but the three or four games I saw of his last year he looked great. Good feet and a good head for a 19 y/o

Slizz

Can't wait to see the faces Suarez and Sturridge make towards one another after they are fed up with each others play after 10 minutes of their first game together.

Wtf I can't picture Chicharito in a Porto shirt. In any case if this is as partial payment for one of our Colombianos, no thanks.

Chicharito story is rubbish. I don't see him wanting out anyways.

No way would we let him go unless we absolutely had to. He is far too valuable for us. If we sell him we have to go and buy another striker (Lewa!).

Nani is almost certainly on his way out as it is. I can't see us selling off two of our attacking players. If Porto want one of our players they can have Nani, otherwise we will just pay the £30m for James.

Yeah I don't see it either.

Chicha has a good attitude, is fine with coming off the bench, and scores important goals. He's humble and always praises the team first. I don't see either party wanting to separate from each other.

The story is crap.

Arnie

Ahahaha I knew somebody would mention this, Yenrot was guaranteed but you beat him to it.

Gibson is doing well for himself, good on him.
He is, and I can't fucking stand it. The way Evertonians talk about him you'd think he was Deco.
It'll be nice having some more black dudes at LFC. We have a depressingly low representation at the moment.

Ince is an exciting player. I haven't watched enough of him to really know his potential, but the three or four games I saw of his last year he looked great. Good feet and a good head for a 19 y/o

Yep, he's 20 now, and when he came to Wednesday this season I was blown away watching him. He's head and shoulders above the rest of the Blackpool squad, and if we didn't sign him another top club would, such are his attributes.

The good thing about Sturridge and Ince, too, is that they offer greater athleticism for penetrating the opposing team (bet Wilbury's wide eyed at that one). It was one thing we were hopelessly lacking last season when we'd bring on Maxi and Kuyt, and it's something we've long needed to add up front.

GorillaJu

As for our scouting department, Sturridge was someone we wanted last summer before we got the scouts in. Ince is obvious enough, though. I am wondering (hoping) if we can find a good few foreign additions.

Do you like how I call them foreign even though as an American you're all dirty foreign pigs to me?

Hypochondriac moment #2731: I thought I was regurgitating something and that my esophagus was a mess of holes and melted sinew because I kept tasting something vile in the back of my throat. Found out today that I'm just tasting eye drops as when you use them they get all the way to your nasal passage and throat. Whoops

Wilbur

Banned
The good thing about Sturridge and Ince, too, is that they offer greater athleticism for penetrating the opposing team (bet Wilbury's wide eyed at that one). It was one thing we were hopelessly lacking last season when we'd bring on Maxi and Kuyt, and it's something we've long needed to add up front.

wank.gif

I think they're good buys. Letting Ince go in the first place was fucking dumb, and not wrapping up something for Sturridge this summer equally so, but they bring attacking threat to a side that doesn't really have many outlets bar a couple of youngsters and England's 2006 wingers.

GQman2121

Banned
Ince is well worth the £4m. Sturridge is worth about £10m; he brings goals despite being a greedy cunt. Liverpool fans complaining about buying a striker is fucking beyond my comprehension

If I'm honest, both of these moves seem to be good business for all involved.

Ince at £4m is a peanuts given his age and production over the last 24 months. Why not sign him up? His wages are probably a fraction of what it takes to feed Joe Cole on road games.

Sturridge might just need a change in scenery (and a kick in the ass) to find his form and start producing like we all know he's capable of. He's not going to be expected to come in and change the side within a few games. But he'll certainly give defenders more to think about and open things up for whoever he's paired with.

Also, now more than ever, he'll be playing with something to prove. I actually don't think he appreciated going out on loan and that's why he was so productive when he did play last year. Which--moving forward with his career--could actually be his Achilles heel...

He didn't dress for the Champions League Final, and this season, has been unable to replicate last years performances before getting injured.

If he's fit, trains well and can get along with the lockeroom, then it's possible he could turnout to be an asset. However, if he can't, he'll bust out sooner than you can say Chamakh or spell Gervinho's real name and bolt to a side where he can be featured--because he clearly plays and enjoys the spotlight.

Yeah I don't see it either.

Chicha has a good attitude, is fine with coming off the bench, and scores important goals. He's humble and always praises the team first. I don't see either party wanting to separate from each other.

The story is crap.
He's already played quite a bit this season anyways. If anybody should be worrying about their playtime it would be Welbeck and especially that he isn't getting to play up front.

It must be tough for them to see Rooney and RVP ahead of them knowing that it's going to be close to impossible for them to break those two up but I haven't got the impression they're giving up or unhappy. Fergie comes into his own in that respect too.

I hope United sign Zaha as a replacement for Nani, and steer clear of Walcott.

/Muppetry
JAMES. It can only be James.

Dibbz

it's depressing that he's probably one of the best footballers at arsenal at the moment, but he's quite mediocre otherwise.

He's not really. There are far better players than him in the squad.

I did like seeing him play against Reading though. With a player as fast as him staying the the shoulder of both CB's it really kept them busy and give space for a lot of others to come in and attack. It was a nice change from Giroud and Gervinho who both drop deep to get the ball and then force the team to break through the defense rather than splitting it up.

Wilbur

Banned
Furious Blackburn manager Henning Berg stormed out of the club’s Christmas party after he was made to wear a stocking on his head and dance on stage.

It was hoped the party for the players and more than 200 staff in a suite at Ewood would lift morale but it backfired spectacularly.

When the DJ decided to play some games, one of the club’s executives volunteered Berg to go up on stage. The 43-year-old Norwegian reluctantly wore the Christmas stocking but grew visibly angry and uncomfortable when he was made to dance as well.

The final straw came when someone attempted to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head. Berg ripped off the stocking and left the stage.

Timurid

It must be tough for them to see Rooney and RVP ahead of them knowing that it's going to be close to impossible for them to break those two up but I haven't got the impression they're giving up or unhappy. Fergie comes into his own in that respect too.

JAMES. It can only be James.
Fuck no you fools dont deserve him after that foolery yesterday.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
They haven't released any info on when he's going to Porto?
This thing all came out of the blue; Marco Fabián was the one who leaked it to the press after people where asking him how he felt about Diego Reyes' move to Porto and when he was gonna move to Europe (sources say Ajax). He just blurted out that Herrera was also in advanced negotiations with Porto.

I would haphazard that we won't get any official talk any time soon.

Arnie

Furious Blackburn manager Henning Berg stormed out of the club’s Christmas party after he was made to wear a stocking on his head and dance on stage.

It was hoped the party for the players and more than 200 staff in a suite at Ewood would lift morale but it backfired spectacularly.

When the DJ decided to play some games, one of the club’s executives volunteered Berg to go up on stage. The 43-year-old Norwegian reluctantly wore the Christmas stocking but grew visibly angry and uncomfortable when he was made to dance as well.

The final straw came when someone attempted to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head. Berg ripped off the stocking and left the stage.
When you read things like this, you realise just how far Sports Interactive have yet to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom