• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
67904_10152371777845164_1912134605_n.jpg

It reads: even if my father was Fenerli I wouldn't love him.

Dibbz

Maybe Walcott isn't leaving.

lol :(

Not sure what Wallcunt wants. He probably wants to go to Manure so he can play golf whilst sucking on RVP's cock.

Would he replace Nani? Not sure since Nani is a better player and Frogie will not give him the time Wenger has.

Feorax

When the hell is Borini back anyway?

Should be soon I think. I remember reading he was going to be out until Dec/Jan. Haven't seen an update about him resuming training yet though.

EDIT: Be very surprised if Walcott goes to United. He'd be behind RVP, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck for a striking role, whoch he apparently wants enough to leave Arsenal.

Think Walcott will end up Chelsea. Big wages, good cover for both Falcao/wide options.

Yeah could see that happening too.

Not sure what Wallcunt wants. He probably wants to go to Manure so he can play golf whilst sucking on RVP's cock.

Would he replace Nani? Not sure since Nani is a better player and Frogie will not give him the time Wenger has.

He probably just wants to get a trophy sooner rather than later.

Salazar

EDIT: Be very surprised if Walcott goes to United. He'd be behind RVP, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck for a striking role, whoch he apparently wants enough to leave Arsenal.

Yeah, that'll just be agent games, playing on the popular image of United as having an inexhaustible thirst for speedy wide players.

If only we did actually live up to that idea.

Dibbz

£6m for Huntelaar and 100k a week. Think I've seen him twice this year and once he was eating grass off the pitch and the other he got a goal against us. Not sure if want.

LegoArmo

Yeah, pretty sure he left because he thought he was a first team player and not getting enough chances. Why buy him back for £4m after letting him go for next to nothing, when his position hasn't really changed.

He's probably improved, and your previous manager was probably a bit drunk when he sold him.

Arnie

Yeah, pretty sure he left because he thought he was a first team player and not getting enough chances. Why buy him back for £4m after letting him go for next to nothing, when his position hasn't really changed.

I've seen him on numerous occasions and he's absolutely bossed the Championship. Each time I saw him I rued letting him go and thought he'd be a top player in the future, so I'm quite happy we're getting him back.

Kind of agree with Viva, though. He's not what we need to push forwards, but he's a sound addition.

elseanio

He's probably improved, and your previous manager was probably a bit drunk when he sold him.

We didn't sell him because we thought he was shit, he just wasn't good enough for the first team, which is what he (and his dad) were demanding.. along with high wages.

What if he can't push into the first team again? If we sign him, I don't think we'll convince him to be a fringe player, and we really need to be attracting better players for the first team.

Messi

So, I see this picture from Daniel Radcliffes new movie. Am I the only one thinking he is ripping off Wiburys style?

kill-your-darlings-daniel-radcliffe-550x309.jpg

Maybe he is playing wilbz?

Surely his position has changed though. Do you have a better left winger than him?

£14m for Sturridge? Chelsea doing well for themselves if that's the price they get.

Sturridge did look very good when he went to Bolton though. If Liverpool can get him playing like that he will help them out alot.

elseanio

Surely his position has changed though. Do you have a better left winger than him?

So our bar right now is to a 19 year old from the championship for £4m? If Brendan thinks we need strengthening on the left wing (which we do) then I'd rather he had a better player in mind than take a gamble on Ince.

Arnie

£14m for Sturridge? Chelsea doing well for themselves if that's the price they get.

Sturridge did look very good when he went to Bolton though. If Liverpool can get him playing like that he will help them out alot.
The Times article says £12 million for Sturridge, and £6 million for Ince, 35% of which will then return to us due to the sell on clause.

Rory Smith said it best, though:

"Right. You've had 4 months scouting. What gems have you found?" "Well, there's this England international, and a lad you let go last year."

PJX

And Liverpool continues to pay high prices for overrated overpriced British players. I'm pretty sure he'll be another deadwood player come summer if we end up with him.

The Times article says £12 million for Sturridge, and £6 million for Ince, 35% of which will then return to us due to the sell on clause.

Rory Smith said it best, though:

"Right. You've had 4 months scouting. What gems have you found?" "Well, there's this England international, and a lad you let go last year."

£12 million is still too much for a selfish, arrogant overrate player with an attitude.

Arnie

Sturridge is better than that, PJX. He hasn't played in a while, largely because Chelsea are indebted to giving Torres a run in the team as a lone striker, and RDM favoured the experienced Drogba when he took over earlier in the year, but under AVB he was really good, as he was during his loan spell at Bolton.

So our bar right now is to a 19 year old from the championship for £4m? If Brendan thinks we need strengthening on the left wing (which we do) then I'd rather he had a better player in mind than take a gamble on Ince.

I don't think £4m is a gamble at all. He's a very decent young player that is only going to get better. Who do you think would be a better player and less of a gamble?

Looks like we signed 18-year-old goalkeeper Bonmann from Essen. He also had an offer from Schlacke which he rejected without even looking at it.

I already like this guy.

elseanio

I don't think £4m is a gamble at all. He's a very decent young player that is only going to get better. Who do you think you be a better player and less of a gamble?

I don't have any player in mind, I just think we should be looking a little further than someone who didn't want to play for us if it wasn't on his (dads) terms. Can only see the same problem happening in the future with him.

PJX

Sturridge is better than that, PJX. He hasn't played in a while, largely because Chelsea are indebted to giving Torres a run in the team as a lone striker, and RDM favoured the experienced Drogba when he took over earlier in the year, but under AVB he was really good, as he was during his loan spell at Bolton.

I don't know man, the guy hasn't impressed me at all.

I don't think £4m is a gamble at all. He's a very decent young player that is only going to get better. Who do you think you be a better player and less of a gamble?

I think it's a gamble. That's £4 million we could be using on a proven player who is good consistently on high levels. Ince is playing on championship level, a lot of average players look good on those levels. I didn't follow him much when he played for our reserves but I don't recall him ripping it up during our reserve matches.

Arnie

Apparently all the top clubs were interested (not to say that they all put in an offer).

As I say, from what I've seen of him in the Championship he's absolutely bossed it. For the price I think he's worth it, given his potential. I'm happier to pay £4 million for him than £12 million for Sturridge, because for the latter price you could buy a wealth of players from overseas.

I don't know man, the guy hasn't impressed me at all.
Really?

The guy didn't impress you when he scored each week for Bolton? Or when AVB relied on his goals to carry Chelsea as Torres floundered? I remember being livid that we didn't demand Sturridge as part of the deal, following his performances in the first half of last season. Then he got dropped by RDM, and hasn't had a chance to shine this season. Whenever he's had a consistent run in a team he's scored buckets of goals, and he can do it from a wider position too.

I think it's a gamble. That's £4 million we could be using on a proven player who is good consistently on high levels. Ince is playing on championship level, a lot of average players look good on those levels. I didn't follow him much when he played for our reserves but I don't recall him ripping it up during our reserve matches.

I don't understand this. A proven player who's consistent at the highest level? Who do you think you're going to get?

Ince is a safer bet at £4m than anyone I think you could bring in this January.

PJX

Really?

The guy didn't impress you when he scored each week for Bolton? Or when AVB relied on his goals to carry Chelsea as Torres floundered? I remember being livid that we didn't demand Sturridge as part of the deal, following his performances in the first half of last season. Then he got dropped by RDM, and hasn't had a chance to shine this season. Whenever he's had a consistent run in a team he's scored buckets of goals, and he can do it from a wider position too.

He doesn't impress me. Maybe it's his attitude or maybe it's his selfishness that can cost us goals. Maybe his ego will cause problems in the dressing room. If Rodgers can control his ego and bring him down to earth then I guess everything will be ok. But I believe once he doesn't get his way, he will bring his drama queen attitude out.

I don't understand this. A proven player who's consistent at the highest level? Who do you think you're going to get?

There is a difference between high level and highest level. Learn it.

Arnie

He doesn't impress me. Maybe it's his attitude or maybe it's his selfishness that can cost us goals. Maybe his ego will cause problems in the dressing room. If Rodgers can control his ego and bring him down to earth then I guess everything will be ok. But I believe once he doesn't get his way, he will bring his drama queen attitude out.
Honestly I can't weigh in on his attitude because I'm not aware of any incidents in the past. I know that Rodgers has worked with him before at Chelsea, so I imagine there's an element of respect there from both parties, and we also know that Rodgers doesn't take any shit in training. I don't really see his ego being too much of a problem, from that perspective, because I think he'll be busy working hard to impress at a new club.

It's not like at Chelsea when Torres was evidently playing terribly, and he felt he deserved a run upfront, at Liverpool we've got one of the best strikers in the league, and two flanking positions alongside him. I don't believe he'd be stupid enough to sign for us thinking he'd play centrally week in, week out.

There is a difference between high level and highest level. Learn it.
But do high level talents cost £4 million? I think that's what Bungie's getting at, and I agree with him.

Ince has shown tons and tons of potential at Blackpool, hence all the offers from top clubs.

So apparently Héctor Herrera, Pachuca's midfielder who had been linked to Manchester United during the summer, is pretty much confirmed for Porto next year. This follows yesterday's news about Diego Reyes and strong rumours of Chicharito going to the Portuguese club next semester.

They haven't released any info on when he's going to Porto?

Think Arnie is right when he says Rory Smith more or less nailed it.

These buys are quite safe ones IMO. Feels a bit underwhelming.

In fairness to Rodgers he is trying to basically rebuild an entire team so I can see why he doesn't want to take some bigger risks in the transfer market but the position Liverpool are in at the moment I do feel they need another top quality attacking player before they can climb the table.

Arnie

It works both ways. I get the apathy towards signing two more British players, but the way Ince is playing at Blackpool, if he was of Brazilian descent we'd be creaming our pants at a £4 million switch.

Think Arnie is right when he says Rory Smith more or less nailed it.

These buys are quite safe ones IMO. Feels a bit underwhelming.

In fairness to Rodgers he is trying to basically rebuild an entire team so I can see why he doesn't want to take some bigger risks in the transfer market but the position Liverpool are in at the moment I do feel they need another top quality attacking player before they can climb the table.
Aye, it's all a bit run of the mill.

They're good augmentations to our attack, but it's not a major evolution, as some were expecting. Around Suarez we now have Sturridge, Ince, Sterling, and Borini. Four very promising young attackers with bags of potential.

None are of a Suarez calibre, though. When we bought Suarez for £20 million we took a punt on a high level talent, rather than potential, I think we needed to go for that again, or at least do in the summer to truly take the team forwards.

GQman2121

Banned
And Liverpool continues to pay high prices for overrated overpriced British players. I'm pretty sure he'll be another deadwood player come summer if we end up with him.

£12 million is still too much for a selfish, arrogant overrate player with an attitude.

That (£12m) is about double what he's actually worth. Enjoy him. He's coming off a hamstring injury and just today returned to practice. No give backs.

PJX

Honestly I can't weigh in on his attitude because I'm not aware of any incidents in the past. I know that Rodgers has worked with him before at Chelsea, so I imagine there's an element of respect there from both parties, and we also know that Rodgers doesn't take any shit in training. I don't really see his ego being too much of a problem, from that perspective, because I think he'll be busy working hard to impress at a new club.

It's not like at Chelsea when Torres was evidently playing terribly, and he felt he deserved a run upfront, at Liverpool we've got one of the best strikers in the league, and two flanking positions alongside him. I don't believe he'd be stupid enough to sign for us thinking he'd play centrally week in, week out.

I think he is that stupid.

But do high level talents cost £4 million? I think that's what Bungie's getting at, and I agree with him.

Ince has shown tons and tons of potential at Blackpool, hence all the offers from top clubs.

After reading my reply again, I was wondering where you got the idea I was suggesting we get a really good talented player for £4 million. I meant that we use that £4 million and add it to whatever it cost to land a good player.

That (£12m) is about double what he's actually worth. Enjoy him. He's coming off a hamstring injury and just today returned to practice. No give backs.

And that's another thing with Liverpool, we seem to love buying injured players or ones just coming off an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom