• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furious Blackburn manager Henning Berg stormed out of the club’s Christmas party after he was made to wear a stocking on his head and dance on stage.

It was hoped the party for the players and more than 200 staff in a suite at Ewood would lift morale but it backfired spectacularly.

When the DJ decided to play some games, one of the club’s executives volunteered Berg to go up on stage. The 43-year-old Norwegian reluctantly wore the Christmas stocking but grew visibly angry and uncomfortable when he was made to dance as well.

The final straw came when someone attempted to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head. Berg ripped off the stocking and left the stage.
Sounds like a fun party to me. Was Jeff there?

Fuck no you fools dont deserve him after that foolery yesterday.

What? :lol

Because we said Shinji has accomplished more than James thus far? It was true. You put James above Shinji because of his potential, which we all agreed was higher than Shinji's anyway.

We've been muppets for James for a while now. It's just that his potential had nothing to do with yesterday's debate.

Timurid

What? :lol

Because we said Shinji has accomplished more than James thus far? It was true. You put James above Shinji because of his potential, which we all agreed was higher than Shinji's anyway.

We've been muppets for James for a while now. It's just that his potential had nothing to do with yesterday's debate.

About our argument i'll agree to disagree with you. I still think James will go to Madrid, when CR7 and Jose leaves after this season.

This thing all came out of the blue; Marco Fabián was the one who leaked it to the press after people where asking him how he felt about Diego Reyes' move to Porto and when he was gonna move to Europe (sources say Ajax). He just blurted out that Herrera was also in advanced negotiations with Porto.

I would haphazard that we won't get any official talk any time soon.

There is still no Mier news though...

;_;

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
There is still no Mier news though...

;_;
Well, the actual transfer market in Europe hasn't started yet. Reyes' announcement yesterday was exceptional because of the timing. It feels weird because most teams in Mexico haven't had a competitive match since November, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Clegg

Miggy D on it too. Says several journos were at a presser today where they were all told about it.

More or less a done deal it seems.

I've always disliked Sturridge anyway, it's cemented now. JT.

He's played for City, Chelsea and is on the way to Liverpool.

The JT trifecta.

Wes

venison crêpe
£4m for Ince is good money but its stupid because he left for nothing. £12m for Sturridge has England mark up all over it.

On the ESPN FC podcast they were bashing Rodgers for his poor transfers and scouting. It was funny when Kenny fucked things up, best hope these deals are a success.

If Villa have £12m to spend this Jan I hope its on there players out of The Lowlands again!

Messi

I bought the Spain Confederations Cup Jersey as it was 40 euro shipped on sportsdirect.com . Fuck it, I bought the last few kits and that is cheaper than everwhere else.

Edit: I am well aware I should not have done this.

Edit 2: Jesus, Andres gets banned and Afer dark does not happen, and there is a 40 min gap in posting

Messi

Footie GAF is sleeping

tumblr_m5rquvmDFD1qgb6fmo1_500.gif

Slizz

I wanna talk about Pool. I think they are taking the correct steps but I don't like the possibility of Sturridge no matter how bad they need strikers.

GorillaJu

It beats Liverpool trundling down the shop and picking up the football equivalent of a loaf of bread and a potato.

Well when you open the cupboard and you've always got condiments but never the bread or potatoes, it's an exciting trip to the grocery store!

Also I'm apprehensive about Sturridge. Indifferent, even. But he is young and when he was on good form would have been exactly what we needed.

Well when you open the cupboard and you've always got condiments but never the bread or potatoes, it's an exciting trip to the grocery store!

Also I'm apprehensive about Sturridge. Indifferent, even. But he is young and when he was on good form would have been exactly what we needed.

I just don't think he's good enough to be Liverpool's top 2 striker. You guys already have Borini to be the 3rd striker and Yesil to be the young 4th striker, both of whom will be a little more developed by next season.

He might have been good for this season's problems, but this season is already finished for you guys. Whether he comes or not, you guys will still need another great striker. That is why I think he would be a waste of money.

GorillaJu

I just don't think he's good enough to be Liverpool's top 2 striker. You guys already have Borini to be the 3rd striker and Yesil to be the young 4th striker, both of whom will be a little more developed by next season.

He might have been good for this season's problems, but this season is already finished for you guys. Whether he comes or not, you guys will still need another great striker. That is why I think he would be a waste of money.

The season isn't finished yet - we're in 12th now and are going to have to fight for a EL spot, while also for the EL cup and the FA cup. Yesil isn't ready for the first team even as a 4th string striker. The key is that Sturridge can play on the wings or up front. Suarez as well. We still have room for improvements in attack that won't compromise the starting spot for either of those two.

Borini, Sterling and Ince will be under less pressure with Suarez and Sturridge as the main two attackers.

Then someday, eventually we can get a PJX-approved Cavani/Falcao type. Someday. Lol

Blablurn

281318_579017078781654_1528094381_n.jpg

ribery is such a tool. he should finally learn to control his emotions. every year the same shit. i remember how something like this costed him the CL final 2010.

rodvik

£4m for Ince is good money but its stupid because he left for nothing. £12m for Sturridge has England mark up all over it.

On the ESPN FC podcast they were bashing Rodgers for his poor transfers and scouting. It was funny when Kenny fucked things up, best hope these deals are a success.

If Villa have £12m to spend this Jan I hope its on there players out of The Lowlands again!

Rumour has it Lambert has another £20m to spend if he wants it.

Also I dont believe Lambert is dumb enough to buy a "proven" premier league player. Much more likely he will buy from lower leagues or europe again, which is just fine by me.

rodvik

I agree about Sturridge, I am not sure he is the right fit for you guys. I do know that Sterling/Gerrard/Suarez were shit hot against us, frightening even, if there was a final product you guys would be lethal. I dont know if thats a finisher or just an extra creative player who can open up defences though.

GorillaJu

I agree about Sturridge, I am not sure he is the right fit for you guys. I do know that Sterling/Gerrard/Suarez were shit hot against us, frightening even, if there was a final product you guys would be lethal. I dont know if thats a finisher or just an extra creative player who can open up defences though.

I'm not sure either. Villa defended well. Other teams don't defend as well, so end product doesn't look like a desperate requirement.

The problem in that game is that Skrtel and Agger don't react well to players that they can't knock off the ball, like Benteke. They just back up and back up and give room to shoot from right outside the box, and we almost never have a final man between the shooter and GK.

Full credit to Villa though Benteke was a good buy and he's got a good future ahead of him. He's already much better than Darren Bent.

K1LLER7

If Valencia regains form and Young sustains his (how fucking odd is it to write that), and Carrick and ClevGod hang together, we will punch Newcastle and Liverpool in the throat.
Let's beat Swansea on Sunday first. Kagawa will be our Half-a-year Nasri/Silva when he returns.

rodvik

I'm not sure either. Villa defended well. Other teams don't defend as well, so end product doesn't look like a desperate requirement.

The problem in that game is that Skrtel and Agger don't react well to players that they can't knock off the ball, like Benteke. They just back up and back up and give room to shoot from right outside the box, and we almost never have a final man between the shooter and GK.

Full credit to Villa though Benteke was a good buy and he's got a good future ahead of him. He's already much better than Darren Bent.

Thanks, yeah to be honest Beneteke has been a bit of a revelation for us.

I wonder how things would have worked out if you guys had got Gylfi instead of Spurs? Things dont seem to have worked out for him there, yet at least.

Ashes

Banned
If Valencia regains form and Young sustains his (how fucking odd is it to write that), and Carrick and ClevGod hang together, we will punch Newcastle and Liverpool in the throat.

Man Utd fixtures --vv- Man City fixtures
Swansea -------------- Reading
Newcastle ------------ Sunderland
West Brom ----------- Norwich
Wigan ------------------ Stoke
Liverpool -------------- Arsenal
Tottenham ----------- Fulham

It's not too bad. But the rapidness of the games means it's so easy to lose 6pt or gain 9pt gaps.

PJX

Have to agree. So far his transfers have been very poor.

Borini ....failed to do anything then went off and broke his foot.
Sahin ...rotting on the bench.
Assaidi ....rotting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom