• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Judgement call for the ref there. He clearly puts his hands to Koo's face and the ref is right on top of it. I don't think it deserves a straight red, unless he had been given warnings for conduct previously.

dc89

Sturridge going for £12 will net us a cool £1.8m in profit. Chipping away at that £90m! ;)

There was talk of us buying him back at one stage. Apparently Mancini was/is a big fan. I'm pretty sure he did actually say once if he was in charge at the time Sturridge would not have been sold.

Salazar

Trepidation is a suitable word I think

EwGVy.gif

Timurid

Imagine Arsenal with RVP, Fabregas, Cazorla, Arteta, and Wilshere.

Scary

Carzola and Arteta wouldn't of never been there. Man, if Fabregas was there last season with RVP that would of been amazing. Too bad RVP will never get that kind of support for the rest of his career.

Other news, it looks ogbonna is going to leave in January with PSG, utd, and Rubentus roaming the waters. Hopefully, he doesnt go to juve merda and be with his bitch marchisio. It doesnt matter anyway, because Cairo would just buy another villa in Saint Tropez and do fuck all for Toro.

Arsenal's defense has only conceded 18 goals this season. That is 4th best in the league.

They provide some comedic goals, but it has been solid this season.

Carzola and Arteta wouldn't of never been there. Man, if Fabregas was there last season with RVP that would of been amazing. Too bad RVP will never get that kind of support for the rest of his career.

I said imagine for a reason. :lol

Bandres I know you're out there reading this. Russia will be playing the Chilean cunts in a friendly in February. I know you'll be cheering for us!

Am I the only one who thought that was not a clear red card for ribery?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ithh81bfBso#t=36s

Rummenigge is with you and wants Ribery to get no ban because of the "Lex Dortmund" as he calls it, so basically because of Schmelzer. What the fuck is wrong with him? Schmelzer didn't do shit. And while Ribery's "hit" on Koo wasn't really bad, that was just another case of Ribery being an idiot. And that must be punished, can't blame the ref there. It's not the first time Ribery's acting like a cunt and punching/kicking other players. Rummenigge has gone insane.

fuenf

Rummenigge is with you and wants Ribery to get no ban because of the "Lex Dortmund" as he calls it, so basically because of Schmelzer. What the fuck is wrong with him? Schmelzer didn't do shit. And while Ribery's "hit" on Koo wasn't really bad, that was just another case of Ribery being an idiot. And that must be punished, can't blame the ref there. It's not the first time Ribery's acting like a cunt and punching/kicking other players. Rummenigge has gone insane.

Yeah I agree, Rummenigge's comments dont make any sense. Two totally different situations, Ribery's offense was at the very least a yellow card. Koo got lucky, Ribery didnt but a one game ban seems fair.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sol Campbell on Walcott:

"You can't lose him because his contract is running out or he wants a little bit more money. You've got to keep those type of players. We've lost too many over time.

"It used to be losing these players at 30 years old - now they're losing these players at mid-20s and that's crazy. You can't be losing players at mid-20s because of contract situations - it's crazy now."

j7vrqx.gif

Yeah I agree, Rummenigge's comments dont make any sense. Two totally different situations, Ribery's offense was at the very least a yellow card. Koo got lucky, Ribery didnt but a one game ban seems fair.

Don't know about that, it was a violent conduct and that's 2 to 3 matches normally. Because it's Bayern and Rummenigge's whining, I expect it to be 2 matches so that Ribery can play the final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No way we're even considering Chicha.

-

Juventus, despite having the Champions League to deal with this term, are seven points better off this season than at the same stage last year.

Those seven points are the difference between themselves and second-placed Inter in Serie A right now.

Juve have also scored eight goals more and conceded one less than after 17 games of the 2011-12 campaign.

But but but.. we were supposed to struggle this season with Europe and everything!!11!

Right Mazzarri/Allegri/Serie A?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Liverpool GAF

2012%2f12%2fAllen-Top(A).jpg

2012%2f12%2fPL-Ball-Winners.jpg

Arnie redeemed.

And:
Possession won in the attacking third
Suarez is streaks ahead of anyone else, having won the ball 16 times in the attacking third, with the closest player to him on 11. Along with Joe Allen, Rodgers clearly has his players putting in the work, though that is simply not enough for his team at the moment. Raheem Sterling is joint second behind Suarez, along with Steven Pienaar and former Liverpool man Charlie Adam (11), but their ball winning has not paid enough dividends, with 9 teams having scored more goals than Liverpool (23), despite them having more shots than any other team (323).

-

We were meant to just do fine :(

You are doing fine, City are miles better than anyone below them. It's just that United are doing much better.

Ushojax

^ lol what complete bullshit. You knew that though.

Just looking at his stats on ESPN, he has 0 goals, 0 assists, and just 6 shots at goal in 17 appearances. I get that he's being played out of position and that his team mates are very poor finishers but I don't really understand what he does besides keeping the ball moving across the middle. Maybe he's had to do too much with Lucas out injured, being played next to Gerrard would sap the energy from anybody.

GorillaJu

Just looking at his stats on ESPN, he has 0 goals, 0 assists, and just 6 shots at goal in 17 appearances. I get that he's being played out of position and that his team mates are very poor finishers but I don't really understand what he does besides keeping the ball moving across the middle. Maybe he's had to do too much with Lucas out injured, being played next to Gerrard would sap the energy from anybody.

But what does that have to do with your claim of not tracking his mark and only passing sideways?

I'm just curious but how many shots have Spurs' defensive midfielders taken this year?

Ushojax

But what does that have to do with your claim of not tracking his mark and only passing sideways?

I'm just curious but how many shots have Spurs' defensive midfielders taken this year?

Well I'm just going by what I saw in the Villa game, he was sloppy on the first two goals and let men get into the box.

As for our main DMs:

Sandro - 17 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 15 shots
Huddlestone - 12 games, 0 goals, 3 assists, 9 shots

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sergio Busquets: 1 shot. :p

I don't think DMs should be judged on that. Box-to-box midfielders like Vidal, maybe! It's a bonus not a requirement.

Mastadon

Banned
I wanted to check what the brains trust thought about Joe Allen.

And it's nighttime, you euro-centric filth.

I kid, I kid!

I think judging Allen by the same standards as established DM's like Huddlestone and Sandro is a little unfair. He isn't a natural DM, so it stands to reason that he wouldn't feel as comfortable knowing when to go forward.

He's not without faults of course, but I think he'll look a lot better when he's played a bit further forward.

And yeah, he was shit against Villa.

The Sun now have the story that Fergie went to New York a couple of days ago and met with Pep.

VivaITK.

Imagine this is Fergie's last year. That would be sad. Loads of articles about his Harvard study this morning. Tempted to pay the couple of quid and read the full report. Wish there was video of the lecture he gave. Must be somewhere..

Salazar

It's a bonus not a requirement.

Speaking of midfielders going for goal, I hope ClevGod is getting in some practice at keeping shots down. He's ballooned a few into the upper tiers.

The Sun now have the story that Fergie went to New York a couple of days ago and met with Pep.

My eyes flicked over something on twitter about Pep telling SAF he wasn't heading back into management soon.

They can fuck off with this Moyes talk. That would be the softest "safe option" shite.

Wes

venison crêpe
And then he passes it sideways, watches as someone else gives it away, and then doesn't bother tracking his man into the box.

He's improving there. Joe Cole gave it away and Allen was the one to track Benteke back to the box. It's just that Benteke shrugged him off like a shiver.

derExperte

i remember times when we could do this and dont get a card

Good times, everyone including the referees were afraid of Kahn. Nowadays the opposing team can foul ten times before receiving a yellow card while Bayern gets a bunch for almost nothing like yesterday in the second half. But I agree that Ribery should get a ban and Rummenigge is a fool for using the Schmelzer-incident as an argument in this case. Say that Franck was provoked and leave it at that, because it's Pokal the ban won't be as long as it would be in the Bundesliga anyway.

Btw, rumors are saying the Di Matteo is in talks with Schalke for next summer (or earlier, can't imagine Keller survives this long).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom