• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

OK, I wanted to watch Silver Linings later tonight, but I see the Cinema is doing Argo as well. Which one should I go for? I won't watch neither of them next week as it is the Hobbit week. Also, I still have to watch 7 Psychopath, Legends of Guardians and The Hunet (Danish Movie)...

Argo or Silver Linings?

I say Argo!

faridmon

Ehh... in three years, one Copa del Rey and one league is pretty good considering who he was up against. Winning the league last year will be looked at as a very good achievement, and if he wins the CL this year then I think that's a good haul. If Barca weren't as good as they are, then he would have failed... but he's up against a very special team.

Fair enough, if you consider that the team is competing with Barca, but isn't he there because of that. Specifically. Pelligrini alos broke the record for the amount of points the team collected as the second place. He was unlucky enough that Barca didn't lose as many points as his team.

Clegg

Rafael Honigstein says that the Lewandowski to United story is a rehash of the Daily Mail story from the weekend.

Clegg

They are both excellent.. Argo is probably better imo

Not with the amount invested in that team. Not even getting to the champs league final..

Mou isn't the only Madrid manager that's failed to reach the CL final in recent years though. And there's been plenty of decent team around Europe in over the last while.

Winning La Liga was a monumental achievement.

Wilbur

Banned
OK, I wanted to watch Silver Linings later tonight, but I see the Cinema is doing Argo as well. Which one should I go for? I won't watch neither of them next week as it is the Hobbit week. Also, I still have to watch 7 Psychopath, Legends of Guardians and The Hunet (Danish Movie)...

Argo or Silver Linings?

Argo is far better. Silver Linings is okay.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair enough, if you consider that the team is competing with Barca, but isn't he there because of that. Specifically. Pelligrini alos broke the record for the amount of points the team collected as the second place. He was unlucky enough that Barca didn't lose as many points as his team.

Or in other words, his Madrid team weren't as good as Barca were that year. It's got nothing to do with luck, you know? Madrid were fantastic, Barca were better. Last year Barca were fantastic, Madrid were better. He may have spent an awful lot of money, but he's still up against arguably the best player of all time and arguably the best team of all time.

Linius

It's a sad day for football. A linesman from an amateur club in my city died today. He was beaten to death by two players (15 and 16 years old) from the opposing team after he made a wrong judgement call.

faridmon

Or in other words, his Madrid team weren't as good as Barca were that year. It's got nothing to do with luck, you know? Madrid were fantastic, Barca were better. Last year Barca were fantastic, Madrid were better. He may have spent an awful lot of money, but he's still up against arguably the best player of all time and arguably the best team of all time.

Not luck in that sense , but The Barca that Pelligrini was competing against was stronger and more stable in terms of getting result than the Barca that Mourinho was competing against. You can't just accumilate so many points just to get the 2nd place. Also, He have spent a lot of money.

It's a sad day for football. A linesman from an amateur club in my city died today. He was beaten to death by two players (15 and 16 years old) from the opposing team after he made a wrong judgement call.

Holy Shit :(

Where the Hell do you live?

I have never been to America but if there is one City I would love to go, it is Chicago. Man, so many architectural landmarks there. Soo good.

Also, If Morinho leaves RM, I would think of it as failure. He haven't won as many trophies as many people, especially RM fans, would think he would have won. Spanish League and Cop Del Rey is not enough for the length of time he have stayed there.

Mou will win the CL with Real this season then come home to reduce Roman's manager turnover rate.

I hope anyway... *cries*

Wilbur

Banned

What the fuck?! Jesus christ.

Slizz

tumblr_m733leYVtm1qb8sl9o3_1280.jpg

These are so good. They have a Blood Orange flavor now too.

faridmon

Mou will win the CL with Real this season then come home to reduce Roman's manager turnover rate.

I hope anyway... *cries*

To be fair, he did say in his interview, that he wouldn't mind working under Roman at Chelsea again, so you never know...

Nah, he is going to Manchester

Fry

What a bunch of fucking animals. Kids... tsc.

Mancini's gone for the age old "Our best player is injured before the biggest match of the season" trick.

Yeah, nobody is falling for that,

faridmon

Also, has anyone seen The Master? They are showing it next wekk, but I doubt I am going to watch it. Its about The Hobbit. *excited*

https://twitter.com/BVB
Poor Ajax :|

Soo, I guess:

------------------------- Weidenfeller ------------------------
---- Kirch ------ Santana ----- Günter ----- Schmelzer ------
----------------- Leitner ---------- Gündogan ---------------
----- Großkreutz ---------- Bittencourt ---------- Perisic ----
--------------------------- Lewandowski ---------------------

I don't want us to lose to City at home :(
I don't want us to lose either, but it really is the most irrelevant match we have this year and Götze, Reus, Lewandowski, etc. should get a rest. Would love to see Günter, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea :D

And Piszczek definately needs a rest, the only problem with that is, well, Oliver fucking Kirch lol.

Oh and thinking about that I just saw that Julian Koch played 3 full matches for Duisburg already? Fucking fantastic. I really hope he's on the bench instead of Kirch next season.

fuenf

https://twitter.com/BVB
Poor Ajax :|

Soo, I guess:

------------------------- Weidenfeller ------------------------
---- Kirch ------ Santana ----- Günter ----- Schmelzer ------
----------------- Leitner ---------- Gündogan ---------------
----- Großkreutz ---------- Bittencourt ---------- Perisic ----
--------------------------- Lewandowski ---------------------

I don't want us to lose to City at home :(

Apart from the defense, that's still a strong team. Is Günter the one, who played in the U17 World Cup with Can?

faridmon

If only Mancini had used him in the crucial CL games. What a mistake.

He would have made a meal out of Gotze, Reus, Ronaldo, Ozil, Eriksen etc.

To be fair, Using Rodwell in bigger games, is just not the right way to nurture a young new signng.

He will come back to Everton so Meh.

Phoenix is so fucking boring if you can't drive!

internet-bro-fist.jpg

I love my city, but i really want to move to NYC.

Kuma's corner is awesome, but if you want an old fashioned burger go to Portillo's!!! Sadly, Kuma's got rid of their waffle fries. :(

Yes. If any of you ever visit Chicago, make it a priority to get an Italian Beef (or anything else really, it's all amazing) at Portillo's.

3Sixty

Saints U21's Vs Man United tonight. Its at St Marys and free to get in but i only just got in from work so can't be fucked.

FootballFan

To be fair, Using Rodwell in bigger games, is just not the right way to nurture a young new signng.

He will come back to Everton so Meh.

Man City just isn't a great place for younger players imo. I am a big Isco fan and even though I like ManCity I would hate it if he joined them. (if rumours are true)

Rodwell should have stayed at Everton.

I've only ever been to Seattle. That was cold, but yeah the selection of food you can get int he US is superior to here, the amount of choices I had in bacon was so fantastic that I still dream about it. Hard to find a good bakery though and not just shitty factory made bread.

Apart from the defense, that's still a strong team. Is Günter the one, who played in the U17 World Cup with Can?

Well, the problem is that the attack isn't that great either, the only hope would be Gündogan bossing the match. I wouldn't expect that much from Bittencourt on his CL debut and Großkreutz/Perisic tend to do shit at all, too.

And yes, that's Günter, with the terrible shit agent Sahin has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom