• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Martin Atkinson has been chosen to ref the Manchester derby.

Oh. Dear.

Can you name a referee that wouldn't evoke such a reaction? I don't think there's an outstanding candidate at the moment, and I think we've seen more bullshit this season that we have in seasons past.

Just met Ruud Gullit and got my picture with him and the European Cup!

Class, eager to see the photos when you get them.

Salvadora

I think getting them back on form in the League is more important to him at the moment. Can't believe it's December and he is moaning players are tired!

Thing is, if they are tired, he needs to rotate more but he doesn't really have any options? Do they have any talented youngsters in or around the first team at the moment?

None that are anywhere near remotely close to the first team.

Meier

Btw #Vitabros, I highly recommend Persona 4 Golden. Very fun game.. but it's lengthy. I played the shit out of yesterday while lounging on the couch doing fuck all and I'm barely anywhere in the story I think (about 15 hours in).

This is the first game to truly get my attention on the system.

dc89

Martin Atkinson has been chosen to ref the Manchester derby.

Oh. Dear.

Mike Dean is the only ref capable of reffing such a massive game.

Btw #Vitabros, I highly recommend Persona 4 Golden. Very fun game.. but it's lengthy. I played the shit out of yesterday while lounging on the couch doing fuck all and I'm barely anywhere in the story I think (about 15 hours in).

It's not out here in Europe yet, 25th Feb. Vita am cry.

None that are anywhere near remotely close to the first team.

What do you think the solution is then?

I mean, we (Spurs) are pretty thin ourselves at the moment in certain areas but hopefully in January we will have Kaboul back, Parker is in light training and Adebayor has now served his suspension. No idea what is happening with Ekotto but I think we MUST buy or loan a couple players in January to freshen the squad up a little. I'd like another CB if we could ship Gallas out and a LB back up, I guess if we got a LB back up, it would free up Vertonghen for CB. A striker is a must too but apparently Adebayor may not be going to ACN?

Slizz

Fanta Grape was sent by the gods

If you can find this, it shits on everything Fanta.

88161.jpg

Michael Oliver is my fave referee

Dowd is much improved in the last 15 months

edit: Damn, this Gloria woman in The Gang Dances Their Asses Off is fine

Reports saying Mourinho is going to leave Real Madrid:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/03/jose-mourinho-real-madri-spain

Since I own neither a PS2 or a Vita (thinking about getting one) I started watching the Giant Bomb endurance run of the game last night. I really like Atlus.

bud

prandelli should look into pelle who's doing pretty well at feyenoord at the moment. i'm genuinely serious.

There is a big difference between doicare and Elsk.

The former is a one note moron and the latter wished death upon American citizens.

To be fair, I dont think elsk was sincerely calling for the cartels to murder their loved ones. It's one of those off-the-cuff remarks made during emotional moments, and considering the context, its understandable how he came to get so emotional. He was reasoning his points on a reality that he felt could not be understood by others who hadn't lost someone over the conflict. I'm sure he would have apologised after calming down

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does anyone else think Chris Hughton is a terrific manager? I cannot fathom how Newcastle gave him the boot when they did, there was literally no on field reason for it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What do you think the solution is then?

I mean, we (Spurs) are pretty thin ourselves at the moment in certain areas but hopefully in January we will have Kaboul back, Parker is in light training and Adebayor has now served his suspension. No idea what is happening with Ekotto but I think we MUST buy or loan a couple players in January to freshen the squad up a little. I'd like another CB if we could ship Gallas out and a LB back up, I guess if we got a LB back up, it would free up Vertonghen for CB. A striker is a must too but apparently Adebayor may not be going to ACN?

Parker and BAE are back in full training this week. Kaboul is also expected back this month.

I expect in January we will let Friedel leave, listen to offers for Dawson, and try to sign a midfield player or two. I think if we can stay in a good league position for the next month then this could be the January where Levy actually spends some money and tries to push us up a level. He could have done that the last two seasons in a row but he didn't want to let Harry spend anything.

Does anyone else think Chris Hughton is a terrific manager? I cannot fathom how Newcastle gave him the boot when they did, there was literally no on field reason for it.

Love the bloke. Treated shabbily at Newcastle but then the owner is almost as mad as Roman.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there any rumour about what happened to get him canned? I mean it did kind of work given what Pardew did at the end of the season BUT i dont remember hearing a reason he was sacked at all. Their form at the time was still good.

Andrea Agnelli has criticised the Juventus fans who unveiled a banner mocking the Superga tragedy during the derby against Torino.

In May 1949, almost all of the Grande Torino side which dominated the Italian game were killed when their plane crashed on their return from Portugal.

“I don’t believe that the supremacy of supporters should be manifested by remembering the tragedies of others,” Juve President Agnelli noted.

“You see these banners in stadiums all over Italy with gratuitous insults that absolutely have to be condemned.

“It is a shame to see that in a stadium where the atmosphere is noted by the Curva – they have the power to give personality to an arena.

“Tragedies, as far as I am concerned, don’t have club loyalties.”

Juved.

Kyoufu

Is there any rumour about what happened to get him canned? I mean it did kind of work given what Pardew did at the end of the season BUT i dont remember hearing a reason he was sacked at all. Their form at the time was still good.

All I heard was Ashley wanted a manager with PL experience.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I think I remember hearing about some falling out between Ashley and Hughton. I don't know what he expected, they had Nolan, Barton and Carroll as the spine of the team. For a promoted side they were doing just fine. He would have kept them up for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Andrea Agnelli has criticised the Juventus fans who unveiled a banner mocking the Superga tragedy during the derby against Torino.

In May 1949, almost all of the Grande Torino side which dominated the Italian game were killed when their plane crashed on their return from Portugal.

“I don’t believe that the supremacy of supporters should be manifested by remembering the tragedies of others,” Juve President Agnelli noted.

“You see these banners in stadiums all over Italy with gratuitous insults that absolutely have to be condemned.

“It is a shame to see that in a stadium where the atmosphere is noted by the Curva – they have the power to give personality to an arena.

“Tragedies, as far as I am concerned, don’t have club loyalties.”

Juved.
I don't think this post is as negative as you think it is.

Meier

Since I own neither a PS2 or a Vita (thinking about getting one) I started watching the Giant Bomb endurance run of the game last night. I really like Atlus.

This is only my second Persona since the PSX days (I rented 1 and absolutely hated it.. I ended up winning 2 later somehow and never even opened it, lol) and it's so good. The only other Persona I played was Digital Devil Saga 1 which was like crack to me. For some reason I don't remember playing 2.

Zabojnik

Wesley Sneijder has said he has no intention of agreeing to and signing Inter's new contract demands.

I'm sure there's already a few YouTube videos with 'Welcome to Manchester United' in the comments. May he serve you well!

Prandelli apparently close to calling Dybala up for the national team. Dat Dybala.

ib0vxVHuyFO8xd.gif

He has an italian passport? I had no idea. Gotta say, there seem to be quite a few very promising youngsters coming up in Serie A right now, compared to only a few years back. I guess when money doesn't talk, talent walks.

Yeah, that banner was truly shameful, as was the one insulting Pessotto in San Siro and a few others recently. I thought our ultras were kind of immune to this crap, guess not. As they say in Italy: "The mother of idiots is always pregnant."

It's not nearly enough, but at least our club condamned it. The others (see above) don't even care to do that ...

He has an italian passport? I had no idea. Gotta say, there seem to be quite a few very promising youngsters coming up in Serie A right now, compared with only a few years back. I guess when money doesn't talk, talent walks.

His grandmother was Italian so he managed to get one, one of the reasons the transfer was delayed so much. How exactly is the passport stuff working in Italy? Seems like anyone with a slight connection to Italy can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom