• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Well, the problem is that the attack isn't that great either, the only hope would be Gündogan bossing the match. I wouldn't expect that much from Bittencourt on his CL debut and Großkreutz/Perisic tend to do shit at all, too.

That's true, but dont forget that you are going up against a heartless team of mercenaries, who most likely want no part of the Europa League experience. Therefore, I still fancy your chances and think the odds should be about even.

And yes, that's Günter, with the terrible shit agent Sahin has.

That's a shame. :(

FootballFan

Torres' goal against Blackburn was so fucking good

Good ol' Nelsen let him score it, would have stopped him if he wanted but he is a nice bloke.

Kidding, great goal indeed.

How a player can go from one of the most deadly and fun to watch strikers in the world to what he is now is amazing.

Some guy I know who always talks shit about transfers says BVB confirmed the Lewandowski to United story in some press conference. Load of balls?

fuenf

Some guy I know who always talks shit about transfers says BVB confirmed the Lewandowski to United story in some press conference. Load of balls?

Klopp only said, that he has no fear of losing him, because thankfully German clubs dont have to sell their players anymore.

Rafael Honigstein says it's just a rehash of a Daily Mail story.
Thought it would be rubbish. This bloke reads every spurious site going and argues the toss when you tell him he's talking rubbish. He's forever telling us about transfers that, shock, never happen.

FootballFan

Thought it would be rubbish. This bloke reads every spurious site going and argues the toss when you tell him he's talking rubbish. He's forever telling us about transfers that, shock, never happen.

Would be a pretty useless signing for them.

Who do you want Liverpool to sign in January? Huntelaar would be pretty cool, you guys need someone else who can score instead of Suarez.

LegoArmo

What was Neville's opinion on Torres's problems?

Combination of loss of pace, effort in his movement (just generally lethargic, making the right moves, but half arsing them), and his team mates lacking the confidence to play the ball in behind and get up to support him.

Who do you want Liverpool to sign in January? Huntelaar would be pretty cool, you guys need someone else who can score instead of Suarez.
I agree. They'd hardly need him.

You're loving this joke. I was literally just browsing my computer for my old Chelsea avatar as it goes.

I've only ever been to Seattle. That was cold, but yeah the selection of food you can get int he US is superior to here, the amount of choices I had in bacon was so fantastic that I still dream about it. Hard to find a good bakery though and not just shitty factory made bread.
This is relevant to my interests.

Yen

Huntelaar would be a dream signing. I've always been a big fan of his. I read in here that we were linked to Heung Min Son, but I've barely seen much of him, bar the Bundesliga highlights on itv4, looks a great finisher, and quick too.

If we don't sign either of those two (and I don't expect to get either), we should concentrate on getting some wide forwards - rather than signing Darren Bent. The false 9 system we have with Suarez has been great this year, and I think the wide players need to contribute more. I would be fairly open to Sturridge and/or Walcott, but I'm sure there's bound to be better value in Europe.

I think over the next two windows we need to sign a striker, two wide players, a defensive midfielder, and a left back, as I don't entirely trust Enrique against the big teams but he has been pretty great playing up the field without having to worry about the defensive side of his game. Do I think FSG would spend ~£50m on 5 players? Not really.

Inter: "Sneijder won't play until he signs his new contract"
Sneijder: "How can I accept a new contract under these conditions when I am not even playing?"

inceptionocbm.gif

Huntelaar is the player we should have started tapping up on September 1st. Bent would be well overpriced, with the same limitations as Huntelaar, and less threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom