• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My team:

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Lich Pogba Pirlo Vidal Asamoah
Gio Quag

What? I was talking about our lineup tomorrow.

fuenf

wtf the UEFA team of the year site is fucking bullshit!

Lahm as RB really? Kuba, Marchisio, Silva in midfield? Where are Kroos and Ribery? Alba but no Alaba?

Anyway, given the shit selection, this is the best i can do:

VzLoO.png

Carbonox

Really looking forward to this Dortmund - City game, not that I care about Europe anymore but I really enjoy watching Dortmund play and obviously I support City. I hope Mancini buys Reus, that'd be great.

They're more likely to buy Obertan than Reus, given Man City's recent form transfer-wise.

Meier

Manchester City: Hart, Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Nastasić, Nasri, Javi García, Barry, Džeko, Sinclair, Tévez. SUBS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Meppen Walters, Evans, Agüero, Nimely, Balotelli.

3 youth players on the bench but Mancini is going to give it a shot like I figured. No way he'd want City to have the fewest points in UCL history for an English club. I can't tell if we'll go with a back 3 or if Lescott may play LB? I'm not aware if Nastasic has any experience playing there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
wtf the UEFA team of the year site is fucking bullshit!

Lahm as RB really? Kuba, Marchisio, Silva in midfield? Where are Kroos and Ribery? Alba but no Alaba?

Anyway, given the shit selection, this is the best i can do:

VzLoO.png

Why? Marchisio is a midfielder.

Salvadora

Anyone ready for some gossip from The Sun?

ARSENE WENGER will go all out to sign Demba Ba in January.
The Arsenal manager knows he can land the Senegal striker for £7.5million due to a buy-out clause in his Newcastle contract.
Wenger is desperate for a proven Premier League striker after selling Dutch superstar Robin van Persie to Manchester United.
And he believes Ba could be the answer. Despite intense speculation last summer, no club stepped forward to trigger Ba’s clause — but Toon manager Alan Pardew revealed it will re-activate next month.
Arsenal are ready to offer him £60,000 a week plus add-ons.
Newcastle’s board have tried everything to persuade the hotshot, who scored twice in last night’s 3-0 home win over Wigan, to sign a new improved contract — with the buy-out clause either greatly increased or taken out completely.
But Ba, signed from West Ham on a free after they were relegated in 2011, has refused all offers and Wenger is poised to make his move.
He believed he had found an answer to Arsenal’s lack of goals when he signed Olivier Giroud in the summer. But the Frenchman has netted just three times in the league.
Ba, 27, who has a year left on his current deal, is keen to stay with Newcastle.
A source close to the player said: “Demba wants to be paid what he thinks he deserves but remains committed to the club. He loves it at Newcastle and wants it to be sorted out as soon as possible.”

FootballFan

Are you really saying you'd take those 3 midfielders over the Bayern midfielders? Bullshit. Kroos has been fucking amazing this calendar year.

Where did he say he would take those 3 mids instead? Anyways Marchisio easily deserves to be there.

What's there to go all out about.

£7.5m and he's yours.

It's a bit like how I went ALL OUT on a Marks and Spencers sandwich the other day. You gotta push the boat out every once in a while.

Further point: Are Arsenal fans not somewhat concerned that all the players they're being linked with at the moment are slow as fuck?

Meier

Neymar has become the first player since Pele to be given the honour of 'hors concours' - Brazilian football's most prestigious award for being 'out of competition'.

Neymar, 20, was commended for his outstanding performances in the Brasilerao this year, gaining recognition as being a class above his rivals - a feat last achieved by Pele in 1970.

The Santos striker was presented the award by fellow Brazilian Ronaldinho who earnt the 'Bola de Ouro' [Golden ball] for his achievements at Atletico Mineiro this year.

"[Neymar] you are indeed hors concours," Ronaldinho said. "In the language of football, the others are riding bicycles while you are on a motorcycle."

Neymar scored 42 goals in 47 appearances for Santos this season, earning him the 'Chuteira de Ouro' award for being the top scorer of 2012 with 56 goals in total.

"I have no words to describe how happy I am for receiving this award, I can only say thank you," Neymar said. "To get this prize from the hands of an idol of mine is a reason to be very proud.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1250383/?cc=5901

Impressive.

Ian McKellen (Gandalf) is gay? Mind blown. You should all go watch Colbert's Report, Hobbit themed shows all week. Colbert is such a Tolkien nerd, lol.

Yeah, McKellan has been openly gay for a very long time. I think the coolest thing about Kun Aguero is that the script on his arm is in tengwar, the Elvish writing that Tolkien created.

fuenf

He doesn't watch the Bundesliga as fiercely as I do. Ribery was the player of the year and that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Nope, they were pretty close but Reus did it for Gladbach, which makes it all the more impressive.

According to Bild, BAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN might be joining the Gazprom family. Welcome, and now use that money to FREE ELSK!!!

faridmon

He doesn't watch the Bundesliga as fiercely as I do. Ribery was the player of the year and that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Yeah, but Reus carried Monchengladbach on his own. Now that is what diffrentiate good from great. Ribery had good players around him.

Meier

Well, it's kind of pointless really as he isn't a nominee for the TOTY. Reus was great for Gladbach and has been great for Dortmund. Beyond that is kind of irrelevant in this discussion. Lighten up, bud!

Fry

Yeah, but Reus carried Monchengladbach on his own. Now that is what diffrentiate good from great. Ribery had good players around him.

That is such bullshit. Why isn't he as impressive as he was at Monchen' if he has better players around him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom