• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

arkon

Lol. GoT/ GRRM is so good. The way he writes and sets up events is class. I haven't read a book that has grabbed me as much. I am currently slugging through the second to last book of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. The story is just over the place. Any body got a good fantasy novel suggestion that I should check out?

I fucking love the Long Price quartet by Daniel Abraham. The recommendation doesn't always go down well though. Acquired taste I guess.

Try Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy too.

Showaddy

Holy fuck that wedding

;_;

Hold me GOT bros, hold me :(

tumblr_mnxckn1BRV1qeijvdo8_r1_250.gif

That 'OH SHIT' feel.

Norwich is a week from now anyways. He's played a lot this season with the first team and reserves.
Yeah we should take it easy with him this year before he gets #7 next season.

What you thinking about Andreas P these days? You've seen more of him than me this season - but so far I'm not impressed. Definitely feels like he should be doing better he showed some real ability last season. Hope he gets things together before the Youth Cup think with him and Wilson and some of the others we could have a decent run at it this year after last years disaster.

K1LLER7

Viva, you know you want Garay ;)

Did we get a reason for RVP being out today?

Wouldn't mind seeing a Rooney - Kagawa partnership. Both seem to click when they play together.

Though Shinji did well out left too. He kept drifting in which helped with the Evra overlaps and also gave United's attack a sort of fluidity which was missing against Southampton. I think G.Nev mentioned something about it too. The 3 of Rooney, Giggs and Shinji combined very well today.

Showaddy

Guerilla have already won the 'ugliest character design' award for next-gen. Not only is the model aesthetically poor, its proportions make the graphics and animation look shit.

iCJ7mS7HLr3AC.gif

Thankfully Ready At dawn have picked up the slack with Sir Galahad

This guy looks great though. GG's characters tend to look good if they are; a) Helghast and b) Male.

tumblr_mv4qitoaMz1rbijdfo1_250.gif

This guy looks great though. GG's characters tend to look good if they are; a) Helghast and b) Male.

tumblr_mv4qitoaMz1rbijdfo1_250.gif

The Helghast in general are just brilliantly designed imo, and about half of that is down to the orange lights :D

I have a Helghast helmet on my shelf, no LEDs though :(

edit: YES FRY! STICK IT TO THE FLEA

scently

I fucking love the Long Price quartet by Daniel Abraham. The recommendation doesn't always go down well though. Acquired taste I guess.

Try Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy too.

I have read the First Law trilogy. I was surprised with the way everything turned on its head but I understand that the author was trying to break away from the usual fantasy troupe. Good book though.

Haven't read the Long Price series but I have it. Any other recommendations?

Hixx

Guerilla have already won the 'ugliest character design' award for next-gen. Not only is the model aesthetically poor, its proportions make the graphics and animation look shit.

iCJ7mS7HLr3AC.gif

what

Hitcher what are you on about

She looks like an actual, imperfect person... like the person whose face they scanned in

And that's a 15fps gif, so judging the animation

hitcher pls

Viva, you know you want Garay ;)

Did we get a reason for RVP being out today?

Wouldn't mind seeing a Rooney - Kagawa partnership. Both seem to click when they play together.

Though Shinji did well out left too. He kept drifting in which helped with the Evra overlaps and also gave United's attack a sort of fluidity which was missing against Southampton. I think G.Nev mentioned something about it too. The 3 of Rooney, Giggs and Shinji combined very well today.
Haha, Garay, bloody hell that was a load of shite.

I'm just gonna say I want Mangala for now. He sounds good. Get him.

Moyes said RVP was rested. Seems like a good idea, thankfully it worked out.

Yeah we should take it easy with him this year before he gets #7 next season.

What you thinking about Andreas P these days? You've seen more of him than me this season - but so far I'm not impressed. Definitely feels like he should be doing better he showed some real ability last season. Hope he gets things together before the Youth Cup think with him and Wilson and some of the others we could have a decent run at it this year after last years disaster.

He's been a real let down. Haven't seen one great game since the milk cup. Definitely not in Januzaj's class who was bossing every game, but tbf I don't think anyone in the youth team is that good. Januzaj was the only one you could call a cert. No point in hyping up the rest of the players. We should just let them develop and let 2 or 3 of them surprise us.

what

Hitcher what are you on about

She looks like an actual, imperfect person... like the person whose face they scanned in

And that's a 15fps gif, so judging the animation

hitcher pls

With black lips and a nose like Alex Ferguson's. I'll have to see what the skin looks like in-game, and without the light shining straight on the lower half of the face, but I really don't like the character design. They should bring back Luger :p

He's been a real let down. Haven't seen one great game since the milk cup. Definitely not in Januzaj's class who was bossing every game, but tbf I don't think anyone in the youth team is that good. Januzaj was the only one you could call a cert. No point in hyping up the rest of the players. We should just let them develop and let 2 or 3 of them surprise us.
Yeah, think you're right.

But now Adnan is a graduate we need somebody to hype..

K1LLER7

Haha, Garay, bloody hell that was a load of shite.

I'm just gonna say I want Mangala for now. He sounds good. Get him.

Moyes said RVP was rested. Seems like a good idea, thankfully it worked out.
Yeah, good choice by Moyes. Expect Welbeck to get a game this weekend, maybe a Young start too.

If Moyes is still after a LB, I want us to try for Atletico Madrid's Felipe(?).

So just after the city game I became unwell and am now in hospital :(

Missing all the football sucked but using this hospital browser makes me want to kill myself!

K1LLER7

Yeah, think you're right.

But now Adnan is a graduate we need somebody to hype..
I heard there's somebody called Anderson who plays for the reserves. Supposed to be the next Ronaldinho....

Who was the RB we signed this summer? Apparently he was one to watch.

arkon

I have read the First Law trilogy. I was surprised with the way everything turned on its head but I understand that the author was trying to break away from the usual fantasy troupe. Good book though.

Haven't read the Long Price series but I have it. Any other recommendations?

You might want to check out some stuff from Sanderson. He churns out books at an alarming rate. Not the best writer out there but enjoyable enough and his magic systems are nicely thought out. Start with something like Mistborn: The Final Empire. It's the first book in that trilogy but works well as a standalone too. Others: Steelheart, Emperor's Soul, Way of Kings. Emperor's Soul is probably my favourite.

R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing trilogy. Richard Morgan's The Steel Remains. Brent Weeks' The Black Prism. Peter V. Brett's The Warded Man/The Painted Man. The latter two (Weeks and Brett) I'd put in the same category as Sanderson. Not the best but worth a punt. Middle of the road, if you will.

edit:

Thought of some more. K J Parker's work. Any of it. I started with The Folded Knife and then worked through the various trilogies Parker's written. The Ten Thousand by Paul Kearney. Scott Lynch's Locke Lamora books. Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles.

K1LLER7

Making just his fourth start this season, Kagawa certainly made a strong case for retaining his spot in the side for Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Stoke.

"I thought it was Shinji's best game in my time here," Moyes said."He hadn't really found his feet yet but I saw something from Shinji tonight which I hadn't seen in other games, so I was really pleased."

"His effort when we didn't have the ball was fantastic. With Shinji, everybody tells me about his ability and what he has got, but tonight is the first time I’ve really seen Shinji.

"I thought when we put him into the no.10 role, and even after it, he was good with Wayne. His attitude and energy were excellent and I was pleased for him."

Yes Moysey, learn from this. #Shinji10

PC bros, Planetary Annihilation is lots of fun. I won a beta code from Garnett Lee a while ago and I've been playing against my online and against my brother. I was going to smash a moon into his base until he rage quit.

Edit: Get well soon premmy keith

scently

You might want to check out some stuff from Sanderson. He churns out books at an alarming rate. Not the best writer out there but enjoyable enough and his magic systems are nicely thought out. Start with something like Mistborn: The Final Empire it's the first book in that trilogy but works well as a standalone too. Others: Steelheart, Emperor's Soul, Way of Kings. Emperor's Soul is probably my favourite.

R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing trilogy. Richard Morgan's The Steel Remains. Brent Weeks' The Black Prism. Peter V. Brett's The Warded Man/The Painted Man. The latter two (Weeks and Brett) I'd put in the same category as Sanderson. Not the best but worth a punt. Middle of the road, if you will.

Wow. Thanks. I got the Mistborn series after I read the Way of Kings. The annoying thing is that the Way of Kings is just the first book in a 10 part series, and it was written in 2010. The next part is coming next year but I wish that these writers, if you are going to write a long series of books, you should publish one yearly or every other year. As much as I am not really enjoying the Malazan books, I appreciate the fact that Eriksson published a book each year sine he started the series.

Anyway I will save your post. Much appreciated.

arkon

Wow. Thanks. I got the Mistborn series after I read the Way of Kings. The annoying thing is that the Way of Kings is just the first book in a 10 part series, and it was written in 2010. The next part is coming next year but I wish that these writers, if you are going to write a long series of books, you should publish one yearly or every other year. As much as I am not really enjoying the Malazan books, I appreciate the fact that Eriksson published a book each year sine he started the series.

Anyway I will save your post. Much appreciated.

Yeah. I expect Sanderson to rectify that though. He was busy finishing off the Wheel of Time series (another one you may want to check out, although I haven't read it yet so can't speak for its overall quality), so all his own series were put on hold to an extent. I think he said he's aiming for 2 Stormlight books every 3 years and he may take a longer break from the series at book 5 as that completes one of his main arcs or something like that.

Zabojnik

I wanted to tell Frank to shut the fuck up about Chiellini, since he gets to watch maybe two Juventus matches in a year, but it seems we have an emergency on our hands.

Quiche, hope you're okay bro.

scently

Yeah. I expect Sanderson to rectify that though. He was busy finishing off the Wheel of Time series (another one you may want to check out, although I haven't read it yet so can't speak for its overall quality), so all his own series were put on hold to an extent. I think he said he's aiming for 2 Stormlight books every 3 years and he may take a longer break from the series at book 5 as that completes one of his main arcs or something like that.

Ohh so that's why. I always wonder why it is said that he writes fast yet there is a 4 yrs interval between Way of Kings and the next book in the Stormlight Archives. Good to know.

Does Shinji's performance in the latter stages mean that Moyes might start playing him more? (lol)

He looked really good during periods tonight. Him and Rooney/RVP linking up could be fantastic in the league.

Elchele

YES.

He must come to Brazil.

I'll take a picture with him and post in here.

YES, Honduras qualified so I think I should at least go to one match. Surely there will be available tickets for cheap for Honduras matches :p

I need a pic with Zlatan. That would make me the coolest kid on fb

Top Bottom