• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Antonio Conte on SKY:

I think Conte is mistaken. Watching the game it looked like it was Giorgio and Whoscored and the media put it down to him too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/776500/Live

Llorente equalised in the 22nd minute before Ronaldo scored again, this time from the penalty spot, after Chiellini’s very clear tug on Ramos.
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1382568838806/noticia/Cronica/2-1:_Ronaldo_brace_brings_next_round_closer.htm

Yen

Sometimes I wish this was true. Life would be so much easier.

Anyway

You'll finish 7th, and you'll hate it, Yenrot.

rodgers.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Scum

Galaxy Note 3 ordered.

"very clear tug"

Lol, do one, Madrid.

I'm sure Conte knows more than them since he can (and did) ask Vidal, Chiellini and the ref.

If Barca get a result this weekend, hooooo booooy!
Yurt will die of ecstasy.
5YRcF.gif

Clegg

I think one more win in our group will see us through to the next round. 10 points is usually enough to qualify. Still some tricky games tho. But relatively happy with how we've managed this tricky group.

"very clear tug"

Lol, do one, Madrid.

I'm sure Conte knows more than them since he can (and did) ask Vidal, Chiellini and the ref.

Wait a minute, I think Conte is talking about the Vidal going down for a penalty. Because there was absolutely no way it was Vidal. You watched the game even you saw it was Giorgio.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ramos punched Chiellini before the 'very clear tug'

THIS KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER

-

@Scum

pls

When not If.

@Shanks
I don't know, he talked about Vidal's trip briefly later on.

confuziz

Banned
Top class. His attack was outstanding and defended very well. He grew leaps and bounds with Blanc this year. He already has 5 assists this season in all comps. He'll be great at the World Cup.

aww yiss. We need a proper RB. Rekik and Bruma in the centre and there will be no shitty Feyenoord player left (sorry Bacon, it's the truth).

Also Yurt, i don't know about you, but I would love Giovinco to start next week. He is not suited to starting in the league at times, but I have always thought he has shone in the CL. His size and approach causes teams problems. It would at least be better than starting Marchisio in a front three again

justjohn

This whole yaya toure outrage by the English fans and media crack me up. We act as if we're better than the eastern European 'savages' yet anton ferdinand is basically a pariah in this country for daring to complain about racism. Rio and evra still get booed at chelsea and Liverpool for their heinous crimes and a Liverpool manager wore a tshirt to support a racist.

Lets stop acting like we're some enlightened nation when it comes to this issue and leave the Russians alone.

Yeah...nooo. We tried that in the national team. RVP is no number 10.

Depends on who is playing with him. RVP was a number 10 more for Arsenal in his younger years playing with Henry. RVP has always been at his best for Arsenal when he dropped deeper and used his under appreciated passing skills to get our wingers into the games and then get himself into the box.

This whole yaya toure outrage by the English fans and media crack me up. We act as if we're better than the eastern European 'savages' yet anton ferdinand is basically a pariah in this country for daring to complain about racism. Rio and evra still get booed at chelsea and Liverpool for their heinous crimes and a Liverpool manager wore a tshirt to support a racist.

Lets stop acting like we're some enlightened nation when it comes to this issue and leave the Russians alone.

It's hilarious.

"Ban the whole club from the tournament!!!!!"

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also Yurt, i don't know about you, but I would love Giovinco to start next week. He is not suited to starting in the league at times, but I have always thought he has shone in the CL. His size and approach causes teams problems. It would at least be better than starting Marchisio in a front three again
Marchisio helped quite a lot in both phases and offered balance but yeah I'd like to see us go in with three fucking strikers for once.

Mainly in the league though, what we did last night was suicidal when you think about it. :lol

Sarcasm?

Come on, United have had a hard fixture list for thier first few games. Looking at thier next 4 games they can get some momentum going. I'm not ruling them out just yet.

That's what we said after the City game when we saw West Brom, Blunderland, and Southampton coming up.

Clegg

Last night was Kagawa's best performance since the Norwich game when he scored his hat trick. He needs to get involved more often.

Id start him on the left in our next game and move him central with 20 mins to go. That'll only happen if we have the lead though. So we really do need to play well. Last night was encouraging tho. We just need to build on it.

Marchisio helped quite a lot in both phases and offered balance but yeah I'd like to see us go in with three fucking strikers for once.

Mainly in the league though, what we did last night was suicidal when you think about it. :lol

Was good enough to work if it was not for the two defensive fuck ups for the goal and the red card.

I think it was suicidal, because it was a pretty big game to change a system that he had favoured for the last two years. It comes down to how much time did they spend on it in training and was it just a reaction to the Fiorentina result.

United play better football in the Champs League than we do in the Prem league. I can't wrap my head round that tbh. Is it a case of domestic teams knowing our weaknesses better than the continental sides? Id probably side with this argument if it weren't for the fact that the quality of our play is still better in Europe.

It feels like Moyes have been trying a few things in the CL that he hasn't tried in the PL. Playing with a single striker and Kagwa in the #10 role was a first, although our win against Bayern Leverkusen is still a mystery to me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was good enough to work if it was not for the two defensive fuck ups for the goal and the red card.

I think it was suicidal, because it was a pretty big game to change a system that he had favoured for the last two years. It comes down to how much time did they spend on it in training and was it just a reaction to the Fiorentina result.

I'm just glad we're finally free of 3-5-2..

Indeed.

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

This picture will haunt you in two days.

When Barca wrap up the league title in October.

Top Bottom