• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

dc89

You can't seriously believe he's one of the top 5 players in the world?

Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Cavani, Suarez and Lewandowski are easily better than him, and that's just strikers

So he's the 6th best striker in the world then. He's not far behind any of those.
9 goals in 10 games this season. 56 goals in 98 games for City.

Lightning

Banned
At the end of the 5-0 from 10/11, he just boots Messi in the shin for the crime of making him look like the fucking mug he is, then pushes Puyol in the face in the compulsory El Clasico brawl
Clasico's are like that and Barca have their ways of being fucking annoying beyond belief in games where they bring crap on themselves.

There is no single cunt in a clasico. They are all cunts, every player on the pitch for both teams start acting like children. Especially the past few years with big baby Mourinho on the sidelines winding everything up.

Also, very irritating why only strikers get recognition. Just because they are taking the final touch they are not doing it on their own. Lewandowski is good but not top 5 good, he's just got top players around him at Dortmund. Put him in a Polish shirt where he doesn't get world class support and he is not as good anymore. Feel like the midfielders who do all the providing/creating for these players don't get the credit they sometimes deserve.

Calling Aguero 1 of the top 5 players in the world is absurd whoever thinks that. Another player who is very good but not that good.

Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Cavani, Suarez and Lewandowski are easily better than him, and that's just strikers

Aguero is more talented than Cavani and Lewandowski, and has been getting double figures in top leagues every year since he was 19.

valeo

Aguero is more talented than Cavani and Lewandowski, and has been getting double figures in top leagues every year since he was 19.

Yep. There are very few strikers that can, on a consistent basis, create something out of nothing at the highest level. Aguero, Van Persie, Suarez and maybe Ibra - though he's a little inconsistent sometimes, he's probably got the highest peak out of the lot - guys like Giroud (who I love atm as an Arsenal supporter), Lewandowski, Falcao, Benzema, Higuain etc. are simply not as good.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/10/26/2013-golden-boy-long-list-announced-with-serge-gnabry-adnan-januzaj-tiago-ilori-and-romelu-lukaku-all-in-running/105904/

Italian daily Tuttosport has released their long list of contenders for the 2013 Golden Boy award, which is handed out to the most impressive player under the age of 21 over the course of a season.

The award was won by Rafael van der Vaart in its first year, 2003, while Wayne Rooney then followed up the Dutchman with the accolade in 2004.

Other recipients include Lionel Messi (2005), Cesc Fabregas (2006), Sergio Aguero (2007), Anderson (2008), Alexandre Pato (2009), Mario Balotelli (2010), Mario Gotze (2011) and Isco (2012)

This year's long list includes the likes of Adnan Januzaj, Manchester United's 18-year-old winger, Schalke sensation Julian Draxler, Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and Arsenal pair Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Serge Gnabry.

2013 Golden Boy Award Long List

Richmond Boakye (Elche CF)
Bruma (Galatasaray)
Emre Can (Bayer Leverkusen)
Sebastian Cristoforo (Sevilla)
Lucas Digne (PSG)
Julian Draxler (Schalke)
Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (Monaco)
Viktor Fischer (Ajax)
Fred (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Serge Gnabry (Arsenal)
Mauro Icardi (Inter)
Juan Iturbe (Hellas Verona)
Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United)
Jesse (Real Madrid)
Geoffrey Kondogbia (Monaco)
Mateo Kovacic (Inter)
Diego Laxalt (Bologna)
Nicolas Lopez (Udinese)
Romelu Lukaku (Everton)
Adam Maher (PSV Eindhoven)
Lazar Markovic (Benfica)
Marquinhos (PSG)
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht)
Matija Nastasic (Manchester City)
Mbaye Niang (AC Milan)
Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
Brayan Perea (Lazio)
Paul Pogba (Juventus)
Juan Quintero (FC Porto)
Josip Radosevic (Napoli)
Rafinha (Celta Vigo)
Ante Rebic (Fiorentina)
Yaya Sanogo (Arsenal)
Florian Thauvin (Marseille)
Tiago Ilori (Liverpool)
Oliver Torres (Atletico Madrid)
Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)
Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord)
Vitinho (CSKA Moscow)

Feel bad for Suso. He deserves to be on there over a lot of those names. Just proves these lists are shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shit, I forgot the Clasico was today. Can Bale beat his high score of 6 touches against Juve?

gcgcs8g.jpg

#mynameisYoloSantosi

Manager

Fernandinho isn't even the second best inho in the league

That Barca 5-0 Madrid. Freakishly good performance

I never ranked him, it would be ridiculous after 7 matches. He is incredibly important to City, and as soon as Yaya or him gets injured the whole team will suffer. Everything goes through them.

"Easily"?! He is magic. He's not that far from that bunch, specially the last three. His work rate helps the team so much, not just in goals.

I never ranked him, it would be ridiculous after 7 matches. He is incredibly important to City, and as soon as Yaya or him gets injured the whole team will suffer. Everything goes through them.

i only said that because I've fallen well behind on my Coutinho-bumming quota :p

Blablurn

looooooool

Lionel Messi is being eyed by Chelsea and Bayern Munich for a possible record-breaking $345 million purchase this coming summer, according to UK-based sports website Givemesport.com.

Last week, three Adidas-backed clubs had offered $339 million for Barcelona’s star player, but had all been rejected.
The offer by the clubs was less than Messi’s buyout clause with Barcelona, which stands at $345 million.

Bayern are allegedly planning to make a new offer this June, backed by Adidas, who have agreed to pay half of the costs of his deal to sweeten his possible move from Barcelona, says Paris-based Le10sport.com.

Additionally, two other clubs, one of them potentially being Chelsea, will also return with offers.

Messi is currently still in talks with Barcelona to upgrade his contract, a move which would make him the world’s highest paid player, ahead of Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Argentinian’s contract with Barcelona runs until 2018, when he will be 31.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...el-messi-holen-francois-gallardo-250-mio.html

Linius

I don't see Messi ever leaving Barcelona. Not during his prime at least. He has no reason to move and there's no normal club that would pay the transfer sum Barca demands.

Linius

And Pep would never go to Bayern.

I never said that and I never will in the future about any coach for that matter. It's not the same thing since there are no big sums of money tied to it. Even if Messi himself wanted to go Bayern (which could be of course) I don't see a transfer happening. 345 million can't be justified under any circumstances. There's no way Bayern could earn that money back.

Arnie

Harry Wilson? loverly.
Oui.

Had a spicy Papa Johns last night and now I'm sat on the loo with my arse just fucking haemorrhaging liquid. My ability to handle spicy foods is diminishing with age.

Can't wait for the match. Sakho just posted a photo of him leaving his house and it got me pumped. Steve, please, don't do this to us.

Linius

I'll probably sit out on BF4 on current gen. I don't feel like ranking up and shit to start it all over on next gen some time next year. But I'm gonna try BF4, at least an online FPS that doesn't release a new one each year. Last BF I had was Bad Company and I haven't bought a new one ever since because I thought it sucked :p

I'll probably sit out on BF4 on current gen. I don't feel like ranking up and shit to start it all over on next gen some time next year. But I'm gonna try BF4, at least an online FPS that doesn't release a new one each year. Last BF I had was Bad Company and I haven't bought a new one ever since because I thought it sucked :p

BF3 did suck on console, the player limit just killed half the game.

Clegg

The Messi rumour was started by the same celebrity agent who said Terry was 100% signing for Valencia. This is the same guy who has proven to be a liar and a rumour mongerer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Messi rumour was started by the same celebrity agent who said Terry was 100% signing for Valencia. This is the same guy who has proven to be a liar and a rumour mongerer.
Gallardo(?) is a clown dressed in a suit

feel

Would be interesting to see Messi play for another club, would probably result in the mother of all flops unless he went to a super safe place like Bayern who are too solid by themselves and he could just relax and do his thing.

Top Bottom