• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Fergie

Banned
BXh2tTACQAAAesp.png:large
Lol. Adnan.

Salvadora

Hopefully Walcott is fit enough to make the bench at least. That would be very welcome and we will have a likely extra rested Wilshere. He didn't get too many minutes today.
It would be good to have Walcott back to stretch Liverpool, but I must say Gnabry has impressed me immensely.

Won the penalty today, good defensive work, tricky style of play. He's incredibly composed for an 18 year old. He just generally knows his job and does it, no fucking around. I like that. With Flamini out, hopefully Jack goes central. It would be good for the boy.

Lightning

Banned
It would be good to have Walcott back to stretch Liverpool, but I must say Gnabry has impressed me immensely.

Won the penalty today, good defensive work, tricky style of play. He's incredibly composed for an 18 year old. He just generally knows his job and does it, no fucking around. I like that.
Gnabry is going to be some player. He will be a first team player very soon I feel, he's just so impressive whenever he gets on the field.

K1LLER7

Gonna go to Chelsea.

Chelsea fan. Same agent as Ashley Cole. They're lining it up.
Fuck.

Woodward do something. Pls.

We've got Janko anyway, supposedly he's looking good for the reserves/unders.

Also that Uruguain Fullback looked decent. Any ideas how he's done on loan?

K1LLER7

Yeah he's fantastic. I want him to stay at Southampton though. I think that they could build something pretty special there if they hold on to their key players.
They're taking our place in the top 4 :'(

Would be shocked if none of the top clubs go for their players. Schneiderlin would be perfect for our midfield.

K1LLER7

Varela is still with us isn't he?

I think they're both RBs though.
Didn't he go out on loan to some Portuguese team?

I think they are, but we could try them at LB. Anythings better than putting Jones/Smalling in those positions.

Edit: seems he's still at United.

Elchele

[IfMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXNXgo6IIAAB2qc.jpg[/IMG]

-

[imfg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXh4PujCUAAtJyH.png[/img]

Slick, right?

Adidas are only good when they need to be. They gave us the best kits to renew the partnership and now this season they gave use a random template in red, the same Chelsea uses in blue.

Didn't he go out on loan to some Portuguese team?

I think they are, but we could try them at LB. Anythings better than putting Jones/Smalling in those positions.
Well with Rafael and Fabio really there is no reason for anybody else to be playing RB.

LB really does need to be resolved and soon. Our problem areas are piling up.

We need over the next 2 windows at least; LB, CB and CM.

And they all need to be first teamers (maybe not the CB). Big ask.

Fuck.

Woodward do something. Pls.

We've got Janko anyway, supposedly he's looking good for the reserves/unders.

Also that Uruguain Fullback looked decent. Any ideas how he's done on loan?

Janko has only played one game for the u19s in the Uefa youth league. He's a big guy, but still a kid. Didn't really stand out in that game.

Varela is still with us isn't he?

I think they're both RBs though.

Yeah. I personally rate Vermijl over Varela.

K1LLER7

Well with Rafael and Fabio really there is no reason for anybody else to be playing RB.

Would you take Coentrao?

Wouldn't be suprised if we go back in for him.

You right though. I doubt we'll be able to find players to walk into the team during the January window.

Would you take Coentrao?

Wouldn't be suprised if we go back in for him.

You right though. I doubt we'll be able to find players to walk into the team during the January window.
No, he's crap.

Not really sure who is out there for LB. Baines might have to do for a couple of years. Don't think he's that sure defensively but he's still class overall.

Clegg

Tbh we still need that midfield signimng over any other position. Absolutely nothing is coming from our midfield. Can't create chances and can't defend against attacks. After that we can look for an Evra replacement.

Tbh we still need that midfield signimng over any other position. Absolutely nothing is coming from our midfield. Can't create chances and can't defend against attacks. After that we can look for an Evra replacement.
We don't have time to do it one by one though.

By the end of next summer both need to be sorted. Both as big a problem as the other for me.

K1LLER7

No, he's crap.

Not really sure who is out there for LB. Baines might have to do for a couple of years. Don't think he's that sure defensively but he's still class overall.
I still doubt he'll move to United. Everton will want 20m+ and I don't see us going for it.

I wouldn't mind Coentrao, but only if he constantly plays like he does/did for Portugal. At Madrid he's been meh.

Still need to get midfield sorted out before anything else. Don't see us trying for Herrera again, should ask about Koke.

Arnie

o-WINTER-570.jpg

ClocksGoingBackGAF

Remember the clocks go back tonight.

We Northmen embrace the Winter.

Did order that naughty denim number tonight, finally. Sheep lining to brace against the bitter winds ahead. It was 35% off on Debenhams online with a code. Only cost £60, and I got paid yesterday.

Clegg

We don't have time to do it one by one though.

By the end of next summer both need to be sorted. Both as big a problem as the other for me.
They're huge problems. I just don't have faith in us actually sorting them out. If it were any other team of a similar stature, Bayern or Madrid etc, then they would have sorted themselves by now. I just don't have that same feeling with United. Moyes identified LB and midfield as two problems areas, yet we waited until the last day to actually do anything about it. A lot of work will have to be done in January and next summer if we want to get the players we need.

It has to start at the top with the Glazers giving us enough funds to rebuild the team.

Yen

Don't think we're susceptible to getting stretched, as such, but Arsenal will the toughest team we've come up against. Our centre backs play very deep and there's a lot of space between midfield and defence. The likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Carzola could potentially run riot, I fear.

BXh4PujCUAAtJyH.png

Slick, right?
One on the righ is an AC jersey.

MPW

barca won with ref help

i ain't even mad

6 points behind with plenty of football to play in the league

didn't like the starting XI chosen by carlo but i bet perez told him bale must play lol

Arnie

Daniel Sturridge is there as well.

BXhws6NCUAA-kE9.jpg
He should fucking drop the Kosovan.
They're huge problems. I just don't have faith in us actually sorting these them out. If it were any other team of a similar stature, Bayern or Madrid etc, then they would have sorted themselves by now. I just don't have that same feeling with United. Moyes identified LB and midfield as two problems areas, yet we waited until the last day to actually do anything about it. A lot of work will have to be done in January and next summer if we want to get the players we need.

It has to start at the top with the Glazers gibing us enough funds to rebuild the team.
How did Cleverley play today? I guess I'll see bits for myself in half an hour.

Who can United realistically go for in central midfield?

They're huge problems. I just don't have faith in us actually sorting these them out. If it were any other team of a similar stature, Bayern or Madrid etc, then they would have sorted themselves by now. I just don't have that same feeling with United. Moyes identified LB and midfield as two problems areas, yet we waited until the last day to actually do anything about it. A lot of work will have to be done in January and next summer if we want to get the players we need.

It has to start at the top with the Glazers giving us enough funds to rebuild the team.
Bayern and Madrid have gone through spells where they've made mistake too.

In fact United were probably the smoothest run club over the last 15 years in Europe. We messed up this summer but need to keep perspective.

He was shit.

Quite a few players I think but we need to be willing to spend serious money.

But Id like to see us go after Lars Bender if that £15m release clause is for reals.

Clegg

Clev was poor. Showed lots of energy, but when he got into advanced positions he lacked the balls and the technique to influence the game.

Lars Bender is available apparently. He'd help shore up our pourous midfield. Definitely wouldn't add any creativity though. He'd be chased by half the big teams in Europe too. Moyes will probs go back in for Baines in January as Ever is just getting worse. For midfield though, who knows?

pulga

Banned
qRzhlcy.png

Occasionally he isn't the worst Arsenal fan in the world.

Wilbur told me to say the following, particularly to you and bud:

You're all fucking eggs

I agree. At least Liverpool fans have the sense to say their shit tongue in cheek. Nine games in and guess what? Your situation hasn't changed. Still trophy-less. There's a 10 year old gooner out there who's never seen Wenger soil his panties over a cup. I feel for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Heey 20 is lovely cremino!
Samsung? Can we ditch Jeep this fast? :lol

Red logo looks horrible though, home shirt is very lovely

Our deal with Jeep ends in 2015.

As of yet, we don't really know who's our next sponsor. Hopefully someone with NO background this time. -_-

Clev was poor. Showed lots of energy, but when he got into advanced positions he lacked the balls and the technique to influence the game.

Lars Bender is available apparently. He'd help shore up our pourous midfield. Definitely wouldn't add any creativity though. He'd be chased by half the big teams in Europe too. Moyes will probs go back in for Baines in January as Ever is just getting worse. For midfield though, who knows?

Koke looking good. Clasie a more creative option from Holland also, not sure he's ready don't watch him nearly often enough but he looks sharp.

These are all very gettable for a club like ours. And if we are willing to spend proper big money then there are plenty we can try for.

Top Bottom