• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

3Sixty

An insane event took place at Turf Moore on Saturday as Burnley mascot Bertie Bee was sent off, and then locked up, after he got too involved against QPR.

Bertie Bee was sent off by referee Simon Hooper after he comically handed the linesman his oversized glasses following a dodgy decision.

Rather than see the funny side, the officials took the strange step off sending the mascot back to the changing rooms where a picture was later leaked out of the mascot sitting in a locked up cell.

BXhEAsmIcAAzb2U.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I miss the championship.

Haha, Match of the Day loves Man U don't they? The Little Pea leaves a big dent on a shin miles after the ball has gone and its "he has just hung a leg out hasn't he?"... clear red for me.
Marc...Hughes?

Meh fight.

Brook still doesn't impress me.

MotD time.
Agree.

Don't think his combinations will get through better defences. I can see him beating Alexander though, won't be easy but it'd be a tight fight. But no chance of him competing at the top level IMO.

noal

Banned
It may not have been panic, but rather poor planning and execution. We wasted so much time trying to sign Baines and Fellaini that we left too much for ourselves to do on the last day.

True, but it infuriates me that a club the size of United weren't prepared better to deal with the transition.

It's not like we didn't have time, we knew at the back end of last season that Moyes was coming in and they didn't try and get a couple of names off him?

Arnie

dat false modesty

One of you is going to be crowned champion, AND YOU KNOW IT.

tumblr_mbjbc0YBtZ1qb8tsao1_250.gif

Match of the Day going in hard on Cleverley.

:LOL Hansen just described Kawaga as 'little boy lost'.

This is great. Shame Stoke didn't punish them.

Suen

They forgot already because Carlo killed Isco.

The replay showed his leg was hanging and the player's follow through allowed for the contact to happen. At least, that's what the last replay from another angle showed during the live game.
If Isco were to not play any game from now on he'd still have played more in Madrid than what Shinji will get to play throughout his entire United contract from now on. Also someone supporting a midtable club shouldn't be talking :lol

3Sixty

Agree.

Don't think his combinations will get through better defences. I can see him beating Alexander though, won't be easy but it'd be a tight fight. But no chance of him competing at the top level IMO.

Yeah.

He needs to fight a big name soon.

He wanted Khan. He'll probably fight Devon Alexander next.

Alexander is shite in all honesty. Brook will win that. Matthysse would murder him

Salvadora

I love the way Lightning and jtb disregard Liverpool at every turn.

Thats ok, the fall will be big.
tumblr_mvac7trbJv1r6ibubo1_r1_500.gif

It will be a spectacle.

Ramsey, Giroud, Suarez, Sturridge, Ozil... (and more!). The stakes are high and it's gonna be a belter. Glad the LiverpoolGAF vs ArsenalGAF wars have died down.

Clegg

True, but it infuriates me that a club the size of United weren't prepared better to deal with the transition.

It's not like we didn't have time, we knew at the back end of last season that Moyes was coming in and they didn't try and get a couple of names of him?
Moyes took over too late imo. He needed the time to assess the squad and to decide what positions needed filling.By then we were already playing catch up. Fwiw United's board have admitted that mistakes were made during the summer. They say they should have bought out the remainder of Moyes Everton contract and had him in place a month earlier. This would have given him more time to identify targets and actually sign them,

noal

Banned
Moyes took over too late imo. He needed the time to assess the squad and to decide what positions needed filling. Fwiw United's board have admitted that mistakes were made during the summer. They say they should have bought out the remainder if Moyes contract and had him in place a month earlier. This would have given him more time to identify targets and actually sign them,

Let's just hope we don't make the same mistakes in the next couple of windows.

Linius

Brilliant album, but I'm a big Nicolas Jaar fan.

I tryed his only full album when it released a few years back but never really got in to it. But back then I didn't listen to electronic music that much and my taste is different now so I should try it again.

But this one is brilliant indeed. Love it.

If Isco were to not play any game from now on he'd still have played more in Madrid than what Shinji will get to play throughout his entire United contract from now on. Also someone supporting a midtable club shouldn't be talking :lol

The fact that you're talking does prove a midtable fan can talk. Which Italian midtable club are you a fan of again? Maybe you forgot as you can't keep track of all those teams you support you multi team cunt.

Clegg

Let's just hope we don't make the same mistakes in the next couple of windows.
I don't expect us to do much business in January. We need to get new signings in, but most clubs won't be interested in selling their best players mid way through the season. We'd have to pay over the odds for players in January.

Salvadora

I hope we get Marriner as the referee for our game.

As long as we don't get that cunt who refereed our Aston Villa match, I'll be happy. Most recently he gave Chelsea that goal that should never have been allowed.

Genuinely have never seen a more clueless referee.

Olly off of RedCafe has made a pretty...graphic interpretation of Suarez's celebration :lol

Rumour mill alert - Baines coming in Jan. Yay!

Arnie

jesus fuck, match of the day's analysis:

Jordan Henderson: Gait or Great?

THAT"S WHAT WE"VE BEEN FUCKING SAYING YOU BELLS

Marc

The replay showed his leg was hanging and the player's follow through allowed for the contact to happen. At least, that's what the last replay from another angle showed during the live game.

Not down to the guy kicking the ball to pull out of the way, the ball isn't that high, its on the ground so why is he tackling at shin level? And late as well

Marc...Hughes?

Yeah, whats up?

Oh shi...

Amazing hat-trick from Suarez and that Sturridge goal just gets better in HD, beautiful goal. Takes an age to drop down but its inch perfect, nothing can be done.

Loved Rodgers riposte. :)

Yen

I don't expect us to do much business in January. We need to get new signings in, but most clubs won't be interested in selling their best players mid way through the season. We'd have to pay over the odds for players in January.

What about Herrara? Can you see United going back for him? I don't really see if he'd fit in, seems like United need both strikers up front, meaning a 433 isn't particularly effective (not that I've seen enough of Herrara to have even formed an opinion of him anyway)

Tc91

Not down to the guy kicking the ball to pull out of the way, the ball isn't that high, its on the ground so why is he tackling at shin level? And late as well

Yeah, whats up?

Oh shi...

Amazing hat-trick from Suarez and that Sturridge goal just gets better in HD, beautiful goal. Takes an age to drop down but its inch perfect, nothing can be done.

Loved Rodgers riposte. :)

Reminded me of Rooney chipping David James, both were just inch perfect chips. Great goal.

Suen

The fact that you're talking does prove a midtable fan can talk. Which Italian midtable club are you a fan of again? Maybe you forgot as you can't keep track of all those teams you support you multi team cunt.
But Parma has never been considered as one of the greats in the football world. One would expect it to be where it ends up being generally, besides most of the fans don't have any arrogance, it's not like they have some great successful history to hide behind. Moyes United and its fans however....

You guys keep shitting on other people as if you're relevant in your own league at the moment. I mean there is a Manchester up there but it has beautiful blue colors, not sure where the red ones are. I think they are so far down the table that I can't see them.

kharma45

Clev looks like he's lost his confidence. I still want him around just cos he's an academy player but for sure, he's going the wrong way.

Carrick is 32 now I think. He's gonna be finished soon.

Onto the boxing. Kell Brook is average. Should be fine here though, think he stops him late on.

All he's good for is passing sideways now, this was him today

UOCi3AS.png

What about Herrara? Can you see United going back for him? I don't really see if he'd fit in, seems like United need both strikers up front, meaning a 433 isn't particularly effective (not that I've seen enough of Herrara to have even formed an opinion of him anyway)

Herrera could play alongside Carrick.

But he won't be sold unless we pay his buyout and no sign of that happening.

pulga

Banned
:lol

that's the least 'epic' gif you could've posted

little boy lost low-fiving little boy found after a pre-season friendly.

fuck me

Wait that was genuinely supposed to be epic? Thought KidA was being ironic :lol :lol :lol

The malady known as midtable dementia is starting to settle in.

Clegg

That's a possibility. But apparently he's playing very poorly at the minute and is being used as a scapegoat for all Bilbao's problems. On the flip side, they could sell him for less than his buyout clause now.

He'd most likely play alongside Carrick. I don't even know if that would work either.

K1LLER7

Suarez is class. Liverpool HAVE to keep him.

Such a good player. He just coasts past the defenders for his first. Brilliant header for the 2nd and 3rd.

Wouldn't be suprised to see City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Madrid all after him next summer.

But Parma has never been considered as one of the greats in the football world. One would expect it to be where it ends up being generally, besides most of the fans don't have any arrogance, it's not like they have some great successful history to hide behind. Moyes United and its fans however....

You guys keep shitting on other people as if you're relevant in your own league at the moment. I mean there is a Manchester up there but it has beautiful blue colors, not sure where the red ones are. I think they are so far down the table that I can't see them.

What does that have to do with my post? I can't even say Carlo killed Isco now a days because I support United? What are you on about?

Suen pls

Top Bottom