• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol that's what Usho said about Bale

Don't be Usho

What I said was that Bale would only be sold for the biggest transfer fee in history. I only said he wouldn't be sold up until the time he refused to train, until mid-July he was training as normal and playing pre-season games.

Then Madrid made their pitch to the player's agent. Once it emerged that he refused to play in Hong Kong then I always said I expected him to leave. We did not go into the summer expecting to sell Bale but the poisonous tactics of Madrid left us with no choice and also damaged their chances of having a successful season.

Suen

Guys, stop the presses, all your leagues are shit. It's time to bow to the real king, the Nigerian Premier League. Just look at the final table:
http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nga/nationalleague/standings.html

It doesn't get more tense than that. From this day on, when people speak of United, in my mind they'll speak of Bayelsa United.

I'm a life-long Kano Pillars supporter by the way. Fuck Dolphin, fuck Sharks and especially the Wikki Tourists.
lol Kano Pillars pls, what a shit team. My favorite is Police Machine, they play
ed
in Nigeria amateur league div. 2. Kano Pillars are nothing to them.

L1NETT

Hughes is a right good footballer who needs game time. Will he get that at Liverpool? No.

Look at zaha. Hughes is far more talented than that overhyped dunce, but point still stands.

Stay at derby. Let Steve guide him.

Mastadon

Banned
Hughes is a right good footballer who needs game time. Will he get that at Liverpool? No.

Look at zaha. Hughes is far more talented than that overhyped dunce, but point still stands.

Stay at derby. Let Steve guide him.

I think you're right, but out of all of the bigger clubs in the Premiership, he'd get the most opportunity with us.

Peco

Italy away kit for WC 2014 (it's a prototype, might change a bit)

I think it's good:

italy-leak-2014-away.jpg

Horrendous shirt.

Walshy

Hughes is a more box to box midfielder isnt he?

If we was to buy him we would most likely loan him out. By the time he's ready to start we most likely would have Rossiter in the first team squad.

Mastadon

Banned
Isn't Hughes more of a number 10 than a central midfielder? We also have enough of those.

Yeah he's probably most effective behind the strikers, but he can play a more traditional CM role as well. He has brilliant vision and passing range and can tackle well too.

You'd probably stick him on the wing.

Not really, Arsenal are a legendary team in England. Chelsea are just a small team in London, who would be nothing without Roman.

southpark_tearlick.gif

Beautiful. Before Roman, we had just got Champions League qualification, were winning trophies (FA Cups, League Cups, Cup Winners Cup) were on the up even if we wouldn't be where we are now without Roman.

On the other hand, you've just sunk lower and lower. I would take a screenshot of the table now if I were you, because you aren't going to be up there for much longer.

Arnie

Seriously though, the things are so hard to find that you'd probably be able to sell it at a mad profit. I'll keep mine though. Nice little Christmas treat. Don't need the new iPad. And the BATTLEFIELD 4 multiplayer footage made me wetter than a nun on the set of Expendables.

Seriously though, the things are so hard to find that you'd probably be able to sell it at a mad profit. I'll keep mine though. Nice little Christmas treat. Don't need the new iPad. And the BATTLEFIELD 4 multiplayer footage made me wetter than a nun on the set of Expendables.

So that's you, me, Meus, FW and Sleepless on BF4 PS4 then so far?

southpark_tearlick.gif

Beautiful. Before Roman, we had just got Champions League qualification, were winning trophies (FA Cups, League Cups, Cup Winners Cup) were on the up even if we wouldn't be where we are now without Roman.

On the other hand, you've just sunk lower and lower. I would take a screenshot of the table now if I were you, because you aren't going to be up there for much longer.

Haha, teams have bad periods. Arsenal have been going through a rough patch, but you can only dream of our history and now that we are willing to spend money and have huge revenue streams coming in you will once again be left in our shadow.

And yes you were on the up, especially impressive because you were enjoying second division football in the late 80s.

Haha, teams have bad periods. Arsenal have been going through a rough patch, but you can only dream of our history and now that we are willing to spend money and have huge revenue streams coming in you will once again be left in our shadow.

And yes you were on the up, especially impressive because you were enjoying second division football in the late 80s.

Ugh, get enough of that history crap on RAWK. Having a cup-filled history is nice, but not something to use as a stick to beat other teams with. And Ozil was the perfect storm, can;t see the same happening any time soon

8 years without a trophy is not a "bad period" its a horrendous one, your beloved manager that so many have spend the last few years trying to get rid of won't even commit to a new contract.

I'd rather stick to the history we have thanks than "dream of yours". You bought one player for £42m, with no squad depth in the slightest I'm not concerned. We're getting big sponsorship deals, you'll still be in our shadow for a long time because the amount of money needed to make your squad competitive on all fronts is too much.

Enjoy the history channel.

operon

Love this , Chelsea must really be mad that they don't have as much history as failing in the Champions league that Arsenal has

sohois

Hughes is as close to a certain Liverpool signing as you can get outside of the transfer windows. Massive Liverpool fan (as I have alluded to in the past, he is practically on RAWK levels) and with Gerrard nearing the end of his career I have little doubt that Rodgers sees him as the ideal replacement. He'll be signed in Jan and probably immediately loaned back to Derby for the remainder of the season.

Ugh, get enough of that history crap on RAWK. Having a cup-filled history is nice, but not something to use as a stick to beat other teams with. And Ozil was the perfect storm, can;t see the same happening any time soon

Arsenal simply don't have a cup filled history. Arsenal have been continuously excellent. Never being relegated and most decades challenging for shit.

I see us buying more players in january and another big purchase next summer.

When you're desperate: talk about your club's "history"

Ok you are right, only thing that then matters is the right now and right now Arsenal are 1st, thus the best English team.

8 years without a trophy is not a "bad period" its a horrendous one, your beloved manager that so many have spend the last few years trying to get rid of won't even commit to a new contract.

I'd rather stick to the history we have thanks than "dream of yours". You bought one player for £42m, with no squad depth in the slightest I'm not concerned. We're getting big sponsorship deals, you'll still be in our shadow for a long time because the amount of money needed to make your squad competitive on all fronts is too much.

Enjoy the history channel.

Ok it is a horrendous period for Arsenal. but it is not like we have gone 50 years without winning the league or the 26 year period before you guys had gone before the fa cup in the 90s. Oh wait that is not fair. When we winning the league, you were winning the second division.

Also, I have no doubt Wenger will resign, even though I would prefer someone else. Having 12 attacking midfielders does not make your team depth incredible. Arsenal are only three or 4 players short at most(which is what 40-50 million, not a vast amount a money, maybe 30 million extra on a top striker.

Love this , Chelsea must really be mad that they don't have as much history as failing in the Champions league that Arsenal has

Yeah congrats to Chelsea on being the first London team to win the Champions League, it was very brave of them to flop in the league down to 5th place to concentrate on the CL. Maybe Arsenal should do the same.

qindarka

Banned
Ok you are right, only thing that then matters is the right now and right now Arsenal are 1st, thus the best English team.

Surely you can see that this isn't a good comparison. You've actually had a worse start than us given your fixtures.

Yeah congrats to Chelsea on being the first London team to win the Champions League, it was very brave of them to flop in the league down to 5th place to concentrate on the CL. Maybe Arsenal should do the same.

They wouldn't have been able to win the CL regardless.

Surely you can see that this isn't a good comparison. You've actually had a worse start than us given your fixtures.

They wouldn't have been able to win the CL regardless.

You can only play who is put in front of you.

Do you realise you don't actually win anything for finishing fourth?

yep, thats why maybe we should be willing to sacrifice a top four place and go all out on the CL. It worked for Chelsea.

Top Bottom