• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

pulga

Banned
Win treble
Quit football

You're basically Inter FC.

tumblr_luwh8x5UQS1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

operon

Real Madrid aren't interested in Suarez if they think giving us 23 million euro plus benzema worth 1 euro is going to make us sell Suarez

GorillaJu

Real Madrid are just looking for some way to cheer up their fans after finally pulling Barca's oily finger out their anus. Produce news that they're buying the best available PL striker even though it's not happening.

Clegg

Just watch the highlights of United's game.

Adnan star of the show. He isn't quick, but he glides by players so easily. Fabio was playing as a striker. Shows how much Moyes rates him as a LB I suppose.

The 18-year-old's emergence this season has been a highlight of the 2013/14 campaign so far, but having initially broken into the team on the left wing - with the ability to switch flanks during the game - he proved just as impactful in a more central role behind the main striker against Norwich.

United's coaching staff are still developing his burgeoning talents and deciphering his best position. However, there is no rush, according to Round.

"Adnan has gone from strength to strength," said Round after the game. "We see him as a no.7, 10 or 11. He can play any of those three. And if you ask our Reserves coach [Warren Joyce], who had him last season, he'd say he felt his best position was no.9. He played there for the Reserves. So any of the top four positions he is capable of playing in.

"For a young player like Adnan, we're trying to give him as much experience as we possibly can and develop him in numerous different positions and give him different ideas and thoughts about the way he should be playing."

Wilfried Zaha was making only his second competitive appearance for United this season but Round was impressed with how he handled playing at Old Trafford.

"I was really pleased for Wilf to get a start and play so well," he added. "He got a bit tired at the end so we replaced him. But this will have done his confidence the world of good and he's gone out there and experienced what it's like to win at Old Trafford."

ibdXh3x4oTL9A0.gif

Fuck off Joyce. Why on earth would you want him to see less of the ball and play him in a position where he has to score goals when he's never shown he can score a large amount of goals?

It's hard to believe Aresnal used to always dominate Chelsea in the Nineties.

Not really, Arsenal are a legendary team in England. Chelsea are just a small team in London, who would be nothing without Roman.

Italy away kit for WC 2014 (it's a prototype, might change a bit)

I think it's good:

italy-leak-2014-away.jpg

I have not had an away kit since the Nike Euro 96 shirt. That might change if the new one looks like that.

Blablurn

I'm happy you're back Milchmonster ^^

Congratulations on Klopps extension! You guys deserve it! Hell of a coach!

Looking forward to a nice rivalry ^^

Salazar

Just watch the highlights of United's game.

Adnan star of the show. He isn't quick, but he glides by players so easily. Fabio was playing as a striker. Shows how much Moyes rates him as a LB I suppose.

Aye. Too good for reserves. Too good to loan. Quite probably too good to bench.

Good question.

Yes.
ibjkAO4ekZutXw.gif

Thanks bros.

I can't wait the game today. :( Gotta work and fucking RAI is showing the Crapoli game so I can't DVR it.

Allegri should get sacked just for starting Muntari over Poli in a game like this though, to be honest . . .
I'm not expecting a good game under any aspect, so I guess you won't miss a lot. Matri/Niang/whoever will play upfront will, of course.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gazzetta asked 10 Italian coaches about who they would give the Ballon d'or to - results: (Credit to @ADP1113)

Rudi Garcia "There are amazing players like Messi & Ronaldo, but I hope that the French Ribery takes it."

Allegri "Bayern have won everything & so it has to be Ribery: if not after a season like this then when?"

Conte "If it was up to me I would give it to Andrea Pirlo."

Petkovic "Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Ibrahimovic & Cavani are favorites. It's a pity that only Pirlo represents Serie A."

Donadoni "It will still be a battle between Ronaldo & Messi."

Chievo's Sannino "I have 3 names, in addition to the usual: Messi & Ibrahimovic, I'd put Pirlo, who also fully deserves it."

Sassuolo's Di Francesco "Speaking as a former Italian midfielder, I hope Pirlo wins it, but the list is full of great players."

Livorno's Nicola "My podium will be as follows: in 1st place Ronaldo, 2nd place Messi & 3rd place Pirlo."

Cagliari's Lopez "It will be difficult, but I will be happy if Pirlo takes it: he deserves it."

Mandorlini "My vote goes to Lionel Messi, who is always the best in the world, behind him I'd put Ronaldo."

I don't know why they're saying Pirlo because he definitely doesn't deserve it this year.

Bayern GAF is the most well behaved crop of supporters.

I haven't listened to TK in ages.

I'm all about rap now. :\

Give Shot at the Night a shot. It's good, not the "usual" Killers song but still good. And the Direct Hits album is out soon, it's the perfect time to listen to them again!

Linius

I did rally races in GTA Online yesterday. Seriously, that is some funny shit :D

Meanwhile I'm banking all the money I own, haven't spend a dime on houses or cars :p

Gazzetta asked 10 Italian coaches about who they would give the Ballon d'or to - results: (Credit to @ADP1113)

I don't know why they're saying Pirlo because he definitely doesn't deserve it this year.

Ribery is not even the best player on his team, Lahm is the best BM/German player.

Plus Ribery is a cunt, who should have had a straight red for his horrendous tackle against Juve in the first leg

Conte and the Pirlo crowd are nuts too. Pirlo is starting to become a liability, was awful against Munich and has been average for Italy the last year.

Messi/Lahm/Ronaldo/Ibra, it should be between them bur Ribery will be the glitzy name and win.

I was dying once I got to Cunte, but the
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
wore off when I read the other coaches' opinions.

Blablurn

Surely no words a member of Bayern-GAF would ever speak or write. We aim to be a beacon of politeness, respect and fair play. Good Salazar must have misremembered things there for a moment, it can happen to the best of us.

Good day, Sir.

I agree with everything ElTopo said!

pulga

Banned
Real Madrid are just looking for some way to cheer up their fans after finally pulling Barca's oily finger out their anus. Produce news that they're buying the best available PL striker even though it's not happening.

lol that's what Usho said about Bale

Don't be Usho

L1NETT

Palace talking to oneill, pulis and Coleman.

Ruh roh, prepare to abandon ship. Not even fergie could make dwight gayle and chamakh fire on all cylinders.

Hixx

Palace talking to oneill, pulis and Coleman.

Ruh roh, prepare to abandon ship. Not even fergie could make dwight gayle and chamakh fire on all cylinders.

O'Neill and Pulis would make them harder to beat but even then it's difficult to see them outscoring any team.

But us.

Paolo, please :(

Yen

I have to agree with Plug here. Never ever discount RM's ability to get a player, especially when that player tried to engineer a move to RM a couple of months ago.
And Levy took them to the cleaners, as I'm sure a Henry will.

Mirror say Liverpool want to sign Hughes and Salah in January. That'd be good.

Top Bottom