• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

iVmVwSfSURq2X.gif

ibwYq9Xxeb6R26.gif

ibmqp5RoucJ4yp.gif

ibgNgLlK6qQTKH.gif

Fucking bullshit that didn't go in.
ip8zo7ABKrKtq.gif

Meier

Do you reckon Hart is the type of personality who will take it as a kick up the arse and get back to his 09/10 form, or will he fall apart even more?

I honestly have no clue. Tough position to be put in, but it did wonders for De Gea last season so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Do you guys reckon Rafa had any say whatsoever in Sturrudge leaving Chelsea in January? I'm assuming as an Interim he was asked if he had any intention of using him for a significant number of minutes, and once he said he didn't, it was all done by chief executives and agents

LegoArmo

I have 2 Day One Edition Xbox's pre-ordered, and I don't know what to do with them. I can't spend almost a grand on gaming in November.

I know I'll want one eventually, but eh.

LTWheels

Do you guys reckon Rafa had any say whatsoever in Sturrudge leaving Chelsea in January? I'm assuming as an Interim he was asked if he had any intention of using him for a significant number of minutes, and once he said he didn't, it was all done by chief executives and agents

Secret Agent Rafa.

I have 2 Day One Edition Xbox's pre-ordered, and I don't know what to do with them. I can't spend almost a grand on gaming in November.

I know I'll want one eventually, but eh.

Why 2?

I don't think the resale mark up value will be as high as in previous console launches. Seems to be much more supply around for both consoles.

LegoArmo

Why 2?

I don't think the resale mark up value will be as high as in previous console launches. Seems to be much more supply around for both consoles.

One I had pre-ordered from the start, it got a free download of FIFA 14 added to it, then they put up more Day One Editions with Forza 5 instead, which I'd have preferred, so I ordered one of them too and just didn't cancel the other yet.

Did Morata win you a bet again?

I pretty much retired from gambling after a particularly dark patch. No Morata money for me. :(

Arnie

One I had pre-ordered from the start, it got a free download of FIFA 14 added to it, then they put up more Day One Editions with Forza 5 instead, which I'd have preferred, so I ordered one of them too and just didn't cancel the other yet.
Just cancel the one you don't want and keep the other.

Clegg

To be serious about Draxler; he's supremely talented. Only just turned 20 yet he already has over 100 appearances for Schalke and 9 caps for Germany's senior team. Not many 20 year olds can have that to boast about. Could possibly be the most talented 20 year old footballer out there atm.

LegoArmo

Just cancel the one you don't want and keep the other.

Not sure I can justify either.

To keep this about football, here's my based on absolutely nothing weekend predictions.

Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea
Fulham 1-3 Man Utd
Hull 1-0 Sunderland
Man City 3-0 Norwich
Stoke 0-2 Southampton
West Brom 3-0 Crystal Palace
West Ham 0-1 Aston Villa
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Everton 2-1 Tottenham
Cardiff 2-2 Swansea

Carbonox

a grand? oi mate lend us a fiver

I think my total next-gen launch day payment will come to 475 quid or something like that. Watch Dogs getting delayed helped it come down to that. With the Zurich trip at the beginning of December and then San Francisco in January, my wallet will be paraletic.

Linius

Lego, I'm legit scared we're gonna lose again next week. Especially if Moisander still isn't back by then. Our form turned to shit the past few games :(

LegoArmo

Lego, I'm legit scared we're gonna lose again next week. Especially if Moisander still isn't back by then. Our form turned to shit the past few games :(

It would be nice if you did. If Celtic can steal a win there, and Barcelona beat Milan, there'll be a decider at Celtic Park in the next round of fixtures. That would just be great TV.

Please?

LTWheels

Not sure I can justify either.

It's getting close to the cut off point where retailers are going to take money for the pre-orders.

I have both consoles pre-ordered, but only going to buy one.

Might just cancel both.

If my PC could handle Titanfall at 60fps it would much easier decision...

Linius

It would be nice if you did. If Celtic can steal a win there, and Barcelona beat Milan, there'll be a decider at Celtic Park in the next round of fixtures. That would just be great TV.

Please?

Well, that was all I hoped for the other way around. Which was possible if we just finished it at Celtic Park :p

But now I really hope the guys are playing a solid game tomorrow against Vitesse to get back in a certain flow. We need three points to manage Europe League football at least.

LegoArmo

It's getting close to the cut off point where retailers are going to take money for the pre-orders.

I have both consoles pre-ordered, but only going to buy one.

Might just cancel both.

If my PC could handle Titanfall at 60fps it would much easier decision...

Yeah, if I could afford it, I'd much rather a big PC upgrade than an Xbox One.

The PlayStation 4 I'll definitely get because I love the exclusive games Sony's Worldwide Studios make, and I know they're coming.

Well, that was all I hoped for the other way around. Which was possible if we just finished it at Celtic Park :p

But now I really hope the guys are playing a solid game tomorrow against Vitesse to get back in a certain flow. We need three points to manage Europe League football at least.

I think if you take the lead, you'll definitely win. I'm not sure our style of play will suit having to come from behind.

Hoping it's 0-0 and we sneak one off a corner, or something. Well, I'm hoping we outplay you and smash you 4-0, but that's not going to happen.

LTWheels

Yeah, if I could afford it, I'd much rather a big PC upgrade than an Xbox One.

The PlayStation 4 I'll definitely get because I love the exclusive games Sony's Worldwide Studios make, and I know they're coming.

If I was to upgrade my PC, it would probably cost the same as buying both a Xbox and PS4.

I need to change everything except the case. My monitor can't do 1080p.

I'm feeling quite confident about the game this weekend. This is a bad thing. Normally I feel pessimistic when we do well.

Top Bottom