• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Fuck Allegri.

After the debacle of 26 may (italian cup lost against Lazio) and after having lost Marquinhos, Lamela and Osvaldo we were angry with the dirigence and players....i Think no one in Rome could imagine to be at this point, we as Roma supporters are the first to be surprised by the incredible tactical organization, by the hunger that players have during the match. Garcia the new coach is probably the first cause for this fantastic winning streak, he has a keen insight into the dynamics of his squad—which players function best in certain situations, which are required to get a result against a particular opponent.

So let's hope to win again against Torino on sunday :p

Amazing what a competent manager can do. Imagine if you guys had gotten Allegri. Bullet dodged there.

Lightning

Banned
2013%2f10%2fPjanicHeader.jpg

779.jpg

If they rest Di Natale: Inter
If they don't: Draw
The draw to Atalanta hurt. Inter really need to win this one in order to stay in touch with CL spots.

GorillaJu

All this eSRAM vs GDDR5 stuff is really interesting to me. Weird how Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot, after such a strong showing with the 360.

Microsoft was betting that 8 gigs of GDDR5 wouldn't be feasible economically. They thought they were getting the upper hand on Sony by going with 8gb of DDR3, assuming Sony would go with 4gb of whatever solution they went with. Sony went with the GDDR5, and guessed correctly with the direction memory manufacturing was going, making 8gb doable, thus knocking MS's solution out of the park.

If it had ended up with Xbone at 8gb of DDR3 + 32mb ESRAM vs. 4GB GDDR5 on PS4, Xbone would have been considered the better solution for memory. PS4 would still have a stronger GPU, but it wouldn't have been a double whammy like it is now, where MS lost badly in two departments: GPU and memory.

2013%2f10%2fPjanicHeader.jpg

779.jpg

If they rest Di Natale: Inter
If they don't: Draw

i read that earlier. I remember during the summer thinking it was gonna leave. Glad he is staying because he is a star for the league.

Shows how deadly Roma are that they have him and Totti that high up(with god missing two games)

The fact that Vidal is so high up really shows that Juve need a true playmaker.

I am really torn this weekened for the Juve Parma game. I want Juve to win the league, but Parma will always be my blood.

Fuck Allegri.

Amazing what a competent manager can do. Imagine if you guys had gotten Allegri. Bullet dodged there.

I will always come to the defense of Allegri. He won the league his first year and even then was constantly undermined by Silvio. Milan just have an awful squad that deserves to rot away, except for el shaz, de sciglio and Super Mario

Mastadon

Banned
From the Guardian's 10 things to watch this weekend:

1) A goalfest at the Emirates?

Liverpool used to enjoy their trips to Arsenal: five wins in eight seasons between 1993 and 2000, with only one defeat. But after Titi Camara's Celebratory Millennium Skitter at Highbury, they didn't triumph again in the fixture until Luis Suárez set the seal on a 2-0 win in 2011. But after that long wait, the recent trend is currently in their favour. That win forms part of a three-game unbeaten run for Liverpool at the Emirates, although how much one can read into the other two games, which featured a penalty equaliser in the 12th minute of injury time and the comprehensive bottling of a seemingly unassailable two-goal lead from a position of dominance, is a moot point. Still, trends are trends, and while Liverpool are coming off the back of Suárez and Daniel Sturridge's masterclass against West Brom, Arsenal have lost their last two at home, albeit to Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea. The fact that Liverpool's centre midfield, built carefully around the proud but slowly crumbling Steven Gerrard, doesn't quite have the requisite snap, despite the resolute efforts of Lucas and the increasingly impressive Jordan Henderson, might give the home side succour, especially if Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere are in the mood to run at it. The fact that Arsenal's midfield is without the influential Mathieu Flamini, with the SAS in this unforgiving and upbeat mood, might give the Gunners nightmares. Try to call the result? No thanks! But there were four goals in this fixture last season. There's no reason why a similar tally won't be run up this weekend

0-0 draw confirmed.

I will always come to the defense of Allegri. He won the league his first year and even then was constantly undermined by Silvio. Milan just have an awful squad that deserves to rot away, except for el shaz, de sciglio and Super Mario

Ibra won the scudetto, not Allegri. And we have a much better squad than most of the teams we are behind in the table.

GorillaJu

If they do a thing where it displays my full name for my friends and my username for non-friends I'll definitely go with the full name thing.

Ibra won the scudetto, not Allegri. And we have a much better squad than most of the teams we are behind in the table.

err Verona, Atalanta and Udinese yes. You and Lazio are about the same but everyone else is much better.

I love Milan, I really do
I love all Italian teams
but Milan will NEVER win anything with Mexes and Zap. Worst central defensive partnership in the whole league. Mexes is a complete clown.

That is a shame, I would have liked Sony to have offered a change for a small fee. To outright now allow it is a poor move.

Also fuck Sony and that horror sale. I ended up buying RE4, DMC HD coolection, deadly Premonition and Siren Blood Curse.

RE4 corrects the worst mistake i ever made when I bought a generic ww2 shooter as my free game with Bond Nightfire from HMV over RE4. DMC1 might be my second favourite game on the PS2 after MGS2
maybe MGS3 just pips DMC

called back Media Markt, took their offer, PS4 pre-order is back on.

2 questions:

- does the PS+ code expire if i don't use it?
- are the free games there for the taking all the time or i do i have a time limit to download them for free?

called back Media Markt, took their offer, PS4 pre-order is back on.

2 questions:

- does the PS+ code expire if i don't use it?
- are the free games there for the taking all the time or i do i have a time limit to download them for free?

Longest I have used a ps+ code is two months.

yes you can play them whenever you want when you are a PS+ member. You can't use them when you are not subscribed. But you still play games once you renew your membership if you downloaded them, but then your membership expired.

I just bough a new years worth today after my membership expired a month ago and all the old downloads are playable until 1st November 2014

GorillaJu

From Barnes:

"Subconsciously we probably did switch off," Barnes hesitantly admits. "As a team we felt the script was written and that if we didn't perform the players wouldn't get the blame; everyone would say it was because Kenny had left. The same thing is happening at Manchester United now – it's obvious the players have taken their foot off the pedal because subconsciously they are not as focused and as driven as they were when Sir Alex Ferguson was there. What's happening at United has nothing to do with David Moyes, it's all down to the players."

Interesting comments re: United.

Is it really a matter of tactics, training and management or more a matter of players just not playing well?

Should Moyes have brought in more new signings to make a stamp on the team?

Oxx

Ha, shop trying to convince me to sign up for their card by offering 10% off today's purchases... £1.50 shoelaces.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looool Allegri is, without a doubt, a horrific, negative, midtable coach.

Ibra carried him like he carried Mancini's Inter and Carlo's PSG, NQAT.

But he's good at managing cunts (Berlusconi included), I'll give him that!

-
Sydney Sam is brilliant! I've always rated him! <3

I love Milan, I really do
I love all Italian teams
but Milan will NEVER win anything with Mexes and Zap. Worst central defensive partnership in the whole league. Mexes is a complete clown.

Can't disagree with that.

Looool Allegri is, without a doubt, a horrific, negative, midtable coach.

Ibra carried him like he carried Mancini's Inter and Carlo's PSG, NQAT.

But he's good at managing cunts (Berlusconi included), I'll give him that!

Or that.

Labadal

AS Roma yesterday made history!! We have defeated Chievo 1-0 and extended our winning run to 10 matches from the start of the Serie A season.

No one other club in the history of Italian Serie A had broken this record!

FORZA ROMA!!

998305_743798808981252_2106728885_n.jpg

482400_581274268600058_893467477_n.jpg

I've been a Roma fan for the last 29 years.

so Roma is the new bandwagon the plastics are jumping on. shameful. i'll never abandon my Juve bros.

Jumping on a bandwagon because a team is winning is not in any way inferior to jumping on a bandwagon because a bunch of anonymous people on an online forum happen to support a team, which many seem to do here in the case of Juve.

Just saying.

Labadal

so Roma is the new bandwagon the plastics are jumping on. shameful. i'll never abandon my Juve bros.

It's a disgrace. I keep telling people that genuine Roma fans like me don't want anything to do with plastic fans!

I hope we can summarize tomorrow's game like this:
1379211_619033344822182_1838583129_n.jpg

&#9829; Benfica

Our European silver medals tie us together #BrosInFail

#AndInMiccoli

it takes special talent to lose as many finals as we do.

ALSO, speaking of Benfica, light up your candles, count your blessings cause if my math doesn't fail me, the last 30 minutes of tonight's Benfica match don't go head-2-head with any match, so you all can bask in the glory that is Cardozo.

confuziz

Banned
Karim Rekik is back in the PSV XI after a 2 month injury. The same 2 months we have been completely shit. Coincedence? I think not.

The Rekik/Bruma combo is back!

Title is inevitable now.

my favorite bands, next to Enter Shikari, are Tool and Nine Inch Nails.

Clegg

Apparently there are rumours going around about Moyes not rating Rafael and he would be willing to sell him.

That wouldn't go down very well.

bud

bruma's very shaky in the eredivisie as well, i don't rate him at all. it says more than enough about him that he went from chelsea to hsv to psv, and that he's still not performing well there. as it stands, the left central defender in brazil will be martins indi. i think van gaal's still undecided about who he's going to pair him with, but he'll end up picking either vlaar or de vrij.

i'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's game. liverpool have to good strikers, but the rest of their team is not very impressive. arsenal happen to have a vulnerable defence, though, so it's going to be a tight game, i think.

Top Bottom