• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

K1LLER7

What I would say though is if you are after the 80/20 fibre, plusnet do it £10 cheaper than Sky though I have no experience of them.
Never used plusnet either. Will have a look at it though, thanks mate <3

Will give SKY a call tomorrow and see what they can offer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
you

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1426239_10151776208858598_20252660_n.jpg[IMG]

yes [I]you
[/I]

im dead :lolololol[/QUOTE]

LOOOOL am what now!

[quote="Zabojnik, post: 88298179"]I'll wear an avatar of your choice for a week if it happens.
[/QUOTE]
Count me in

Seeing that cancelled Rare games thread was upsetting. Some good ideas there.

Funny, when I went to check @conkerhimself twitter account, the last one he was talking to is Jupp!

Bumhead

Banned
I do love football media before big games.

Top of the hour on Sky Sports News; "Arsene Wenger says stopping Liverpool's two best attacking players is key to beating Liverpool."

Incisive analysis. Cheers Arsene/Sky.

Scum

How the hell can we fix this? I'm serious lol we just camp around the oppositions box wildly firing shots into the crowd.

Not alot for Spurs I'm sure, in the 2 games since we've scored 3 goals but fired about 600 shots off target.

Start by pinpointing passes to the pelanty spot in the box. Soldado will be right at home with that.

Timurid

I'll wear an avatar of your choice for a week if it happens.

You might want to check the calendar. Parma - Juve is on tomorrow at 18:00 CET. I expect a draw, but a defeat or a victory are just as likely.

Yurt's "27 points in 9 matches" dream is still possible. Two down, seven more to go.

:lol ok game on! :D

And you too Yurt!

Showaddy

Start by pinpointing passes to the pelanty spot in the box. Soldado will be right at home with that.

I read somewhere that Soldado got 8 penalty goals last season, bearing in mind we didn't get a single one all year and now we've already had 3 does this indicate Soldado is in-tune with the penalty spot and that penalties magically appear in his presence?

GorillaJu

Just cancelled my PS4 pre-order. Hurts, but I just can't afford it. Some big issue came up with health insurance not getting paid and I've got a shit load of back pay to take care of. Sigh. Guess I'll wait till March-ish.

Just cancelled my PS4 pre-order. Hurts, but I just can't afford it. Some big issue came up with health insurance not getting paid and I've got a shit load of back pay to take care of. Sigh. Guess I'll wait till March-ish.

i'm gonna make a crazy 1€ bet tomorrow. if i win i'll pay your PS4.

Scum

I guess Hitcher wasn't worth as much as you thought he'd be?

G-Unit

bahahahahahaha Barca is gonna sex you up

1383241102070.jpg

FootballFan

wtf at this first post in the PS Vita TV Thread....

It's so weird how there are different languages. Like...she's just talking away a thousand miles a minute and I just can't understand a single word. I wonder why that is. I feel like it would be easier if we could just come up with one language so I can understand everything.

i think that's about Hitcher's and Arnie's relationship.

I guess Hitcher wasn't worth as much as you thought he'd be?

Calm, bitches.

I lol'd

Clearance at my store, essentially the same TV I just bought last week for £265 costs £170 with discount. Fucking livid.

@ people with a clue about law, why are the tabloids allowed to talk about the Maddie suspect as though he definitely did it? Even though he's dead, surely that count as defamation or something, and they could be sued by his family if insufficient evidence is found?

SHarris78

That should be a great match. I have been really impressed with Cardiff so far this season.

I hate to say it but they have surprised me by how well they have played thus far. Hopefully the excitement and newness of playing premier league football will wear off soon (ie. tomorrow at 4pm !!) and they'll drop to the lower end of the league.

I don't think I want them to be relegated though, they derby game is too big to miss out on.

can't believe i went with Dreamcast 14 years ago. PS2 library shits all over it. greatest freebie i've ever been given. some notes:

- Killer 7 is shit. no point arguing otherwise
- Shadow of Colossus is unplayable. framerate is absolute shit
- Freedom Fighters is awesome
- Kingdom Hearts is charming as hell
- God Hand is meh-ish
- The Bouncer still looks good. goddamn fuckin wizards
- Extermination > Resident Evil 4
- Urban Reign is what a modern Streets of Rage should be
- Cold Fear > Resident Evil 4
- Kill Switch influence in GoW is remarkable
- Katamari Damacy is uncontrollable

Lightning

Banned
I hate to say it but they have surprised me by how well they have played thus far. Hopefully the excitement and newness of playing premier league football will wear off soon (ie. tomorrow at 4pm !!) and they'll drop to the lower end of the league.

I don't think I want them to be relegated though, they derby game is too big to miss out on.
Derbies lose their enjoyment if there is a canyon gap between the teams though. Wishing the lol's on the opposition is expected but Cardiff will need to stay at a certain level in order for the derby games to have that excitement.

As for their pl status that's pretty safe this season. Sunderland and Crystal Palace. 3rd spot more open but Norwich would be the more likely to go, maybe Stoke too. Both of them are worse than Cardiff. Could all change though if Cardiff keep having off field issues they could get dragged in.

Zabojnik

So glad I went with Dreamcast. Felt so next-next gen compared to PS1 and N64, I've had tons of fun with it. Just as I'm glad I convinced my father to sell our PS1 and get the N64 mere months after we bought the PS1. Worth it for Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64 alone. I later re-bought the PS1.

So glad I went with Dreamcast. Felt so next-next gen compared to PS1 and N64, I've had tons of fun with it. Just as I'm glad I convinced my father to sell our PS1 and get the N64 mere months after we bought the PS1. Worth it for Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64 alone. I later re-bought the PS1.

Its comments like that which make me desperate to build a massive clan in Star Citizen whose sole purpose is to ruin your experience

sohois

Derbies lose their enjoyment if there is a canyon gap between the teams though. Wishing the lol's on the opposition is expected but Cardiff will need to stay at a certain level in order for the derby games to have that excitement.

As for their pl status that's pretty safe this season. Sunderland and Crystal Palace. 3rd spot more open but Norwich would be the more likely to go, maybe Stoke too. Both of them are worse than Cardiff. Could all change though if Cardiff keep having off field issues they could get dragged in.

People were making similar predictions about Norwich last season which never panned out, I don't know why people always have them down for relegation, at least over Cardiff or Hull. They're not a strong team but Hughton's certainly good enough to keep them up.

Zabojnik

Sell Sony console, go on shit-list

Sell Sony console to pay for Nintendo console, incur wrath

:p

You clearly haven't played Super Mario 64 when it came out. Or ever. It was just so mind-bogglingly ahead of everything else at that time, one of those games you simply could not miss as a proper gamer. We had to sell the PS1. My father wouldn't even consider buying me two consoles, so (temporary) sacrifices had to be made. One of the best decisions of my life, surely. Fuck, Mario 64 was incredible, as was Pilotwings and International Superstar Soccer '98.

You clearly haven't played Super Mario 64 when it came out. Or ever. It was just so mind-bogglingly ahead of everything else at that time, one of those games you simply could not miss as a proper gamer. We had to sell the PS1. My father wouldn't even consider buying me two consoles, so (temporary) sacrifices had to be made. One of the best decisions of my life, surely. Fuck, Mario 64 was incredible, as was Pilotwings and International Superstar Soccer '98.

I didn't play anything until like 2001, except for FIFA 99 :p

Played Mario 64 at my cousin's house, it was alright

If God Hand is so good, why did IGN give it a 4?

Top Bottom