• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Salvadora

2 months in the grand scheme is naff all. Ramsey is playing very, very well but aside from Tottenham and Napoli I wouldn't say he's done it against anybody that good. Let's see if he can keep it going when the real slog starts and he's coming up against some stronger teams. Like I said, I expect he will reach that top level but it's too early to call. Arsenal have played one team from the top half of the table (half-assembled Spurs) and that's it.
Don't put yourself down mate.

Thought he was mint against Swansea, WBA and Marseille, all of whom are good teams. Are Manchester United, for example, really better than those? Watch us against Dortmund, Usho. The 'big' teams are coming.
I'm not doubting you, but many players go through phases of truly amazing form, and then drop off. It takes a long time and a lot of consistency for the wider public to consider a player world class.
Consistency and time will be key to being acknowledged as world class, but to be fair the wider public are a fickle bunch, as changeable as the wind. Nationality can play a large part in it, as can a lot of other factors such as the club the player plays for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Don't put yourself down mate.

Thought he was mint against Swansea, WBA and Marseille, all of whom are good teams. Are Manchester United, for example, really better than those? Watch us against Dortmund, Usho. The 'big' teams are coming.

I still think Arsenal have not yet played a team you wouldn't expect them to beat (and they have less points compared to these fixtures last season), but I will be watching with interest, if Arsenal keep this going we are all fucked. When you consider that you have Walcott, Chamberlain and Podolski injured...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fiorentina score the majority of their goals from the flanks (including 60% of them from the right).

padoin.png

revised prediction: 0 points

If there's ever a moment I wish had been recorded in 1080p + slow-mo it's that. I want to see every millimeter of 'arrys face wobbling about as he gets thwacked by the ball. I want to see the moment the apoplectic rage takes over. I want to see the words "Fack off" leave his lips. I want to see the moment he realises he's conceded.

And I'll never see any of that. Life feels empty and meaningless now.

Arnie

Fiorentina v Juventus at 2, Villa v Spurs at 4. They are two very good games.

Will my penis survive?

Will I finish these two job applications in time?

Will BENTEKE score?

Will crystal knees go HAM?

Will Arsenal replace the Pole with a proper keeper?

Messi

welp

he grew up in Barca's academy.

Dur hur hur hur

Will my penis survive?

Will BENTEKE score?

I think Valdes would do great in this Arsenal side. But I'm sure Arsenal fans disagree

Blablurn

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 37m

Moyes say team better with no Kagawa.
I say WORLD better with no Moyes!
He smile?
I fix stare, cold eye, 3 minute, no blink.
He no smile now

Tc91

Thought you'd enjoy that Arnie.

Guess this is true then from the United facebook.

Ma Reynah Gao: SIR Alex we are dead..;-(

R.I.P Manchester United.

bjaelke

Will my penis survive?

Will BENTEKE score?

Bouhlarouz debut at 4. You know what you want.

OxoOn75.jpg

Zabojnik

I've no idea what to expect from Fiorentina - Juve. All I know is we need to step up our game for Real and we might as well start today. However, with Vidal resting and Padoin playing ... I've a feeling something terrible might happen.

Arnie

He'll be second choice to Tim Howard by then.

The funny thing about Tim Howard's inevitable United renaissance is he can't be anywhere near as poor an Everton port as Marouane Fellaini.

Fellaini's been that bad he's made Anderson and Cleverley look like upgrades.

Moyes has spent £30 million ruining United's midfield.

Yen

The funny thing about Tim Howard's inevitable United renaissance is he can't be anywhere near as poor an Everton port as Marouane Fellaini.

When the Moyesification is complete, and United have new full backs and push Fellaini up the pitch to become the main attacking focal point, I think he'll be alright.

Elchele

[Bixente] Lizarazu, I do not know what he has against me. He has his reasons. I do not know what Lizarazu has against me. He was never voted the best full-back in the world, like I was. With France, he did not shake my hand when I arrived, but he’s like that.

:loooool Evra is a fucking idiot

Lizarazu <3

Anderson, maybe not. But Cleverley and even Jones, yes.

Doesn't matter anyway, when all Moyes wants to do is play Giggs at CM.

Top Bottom