• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

pulga

Banned
Go play FIFA 14. Maybe you can win La Decima over there!

You're worse than the Arsenal fans. I'm not saying anything wrong against your team, I'm commenting on Pep's ridiculous statement.

Jupp, ffs, is the only semi sensible Bayern fan left. At least he's not drinking the Pep koolaid

TeegsD

Can we pay Mario Jardel to come out of retirement? If we had him AND Montero up front, we wouldn't even need a defense.

0-8-2, RIP Portuguese League

pulga

Banned
The same could be said about Cristiano Ronaldo.
Özil was always the key player in RM important matches, like it or not. He may not be the one scoring most of the goals, but he was the one who started the whole play every time.

Xabi Alonso, bro.

I'm never calling you semi sensible again.

EVER

Suen

Go play FIFA 14. Maybe you can win La Decima over there!
Go watch Bundeslol 2, that's where Bayern will end up with Pep. You kicked out the legend Jupp to bring in the devil. From playing amazing football to playing like Barca's twin brother.

Blablurn

You're worse than the Arsenal fans. I'm not saying anything wrong against your team, I'm commenting on Pep's ridiculous statement.

Jupp, ffs, is the only semi sensible Bayern fan left. At least he's not drinking the Pep koolaid

PEP IS BAYERN

Suen

What is important to know today is that Newcastle won, Arsenal is at the top of the table, Fiorentina won against Milan in San Siro and that Pogba scored a goal and stopped the Parma train.

edit: Alright Milan-GAF, how long till Allegri is sacked?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently Kaboul has a chance of starting against Everton, that's a risk we can afford to take I think. I'd feel much better with him against Lukaku than Chiriches.

Fixed, as your shoddy memory isn't what it used to be.

Two pens not called for us in that game, four pens called on us since then.

Dat Madrid bribery :lol :lol :lol

I'm not the one saying any team bribed the refs, but you can't say that you didn't bribe the refs because you had legit pens (although numerous) called on you. Some of the pens you got were really awful and undeserved.

Also in this very game, Carvajal should have got a 2nd yellow card after he stepped on that players foot on the break.

He's a good player and in better form than last season, but imo we need to aim higher. However, we aren't signing world class players in Jan so he'd probs be the best we could do for that window.
We need someone.

And yeah he might not be top tier but he is feckin good. Done really well against Liverpool and Chelsea both. Dunno - think we could do a lot worse.

Carrick, Fellaini, Cabaye - and then if we can get another in the summer and our midfield would be really strong. We need a set of midfielders.

Anderson is finished and Clev isn't up to it. Look at the numbers Arsenal have in there, their back ups would be walking into our team. Same with Liverpool and Spurs.

What is important to know today is that Newcastle won, Arsenal is at the top of the table, Fiorentina won against Milan in San Siro and that Pogba scored a goal and stopped the Parma train.

edit: Alright Milan-GAF, how long till Allegri is sacked?

Should have happened a long time ago. I think B&G might keep him around to play the villain. If he leaves and we still suck, the spotlight will turn on them, and they don't want that.

I also think we're too cheap to hire another manager and pay out Allegri's salary. I think that might be the main reason we've kept him so long.

Elchele

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL Pep please, you're not fooling anyone.

It's like fucking doing the SAT with a cheat sheet in your pocket.

Pep's formula is not working that well because in Bundesliga you get counter-attacked every time you lose the ball. It's a much faster reaction than what he had in La Liga.

That's all he's saying. And having problems in Bundesliga, with the current squad he has, is just another proof of how limited he's as coach. He has only one plan and one way to do things, the Barcelona way.

He still thinks he can play super high defensive line, one DM and 1000 offensive midfielders in Bundesliga.

Suen

Should have happened a long time ago. I think B&G might keep him around to play the villain. If he leaves and we still suck, the spotlight will turn on them, and they don't want that.

I also think we're too cheap to hire another manager and pay out Allegri's salary. I think that might be the main reason we've kept him so long.
Seedorf and Donadoni wants to manage Milan! DO IT B&G!!

Btw has Shawarma disappeared from this planet?

oh by the way Milan-GAF: Welcome to Parma's world, midtable positions is all that waits you, but fear not as Torino's world consist of near relegation spots so it's not that bad.

Clegg

We need someone.

And yeah he might not be top tier but he is feckin good. Done really well against Liverpool and Chelsea both. Dunno - think we could do a lot worse.

Carrick, Fellaini, Cabaye - and then if we can get another in the summer and our midfield would be really strong. We need a set of midfielders.

Anderson is finished and Clev isn't up to it. Look at the numbers Arsenal have in there, their back ups would be walking into our team. Same with Liverpool and Spurs.
He's definitely good and I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him, but I just think the £20m it would take to sign him could be put to better use. But yeah, if we signed him our midfield would defo be improved.

Then in summer we can look for that creative/goalscoring midfielder we desperately need.

Seedorf and Donadoni wants to manage Milan! DO IT B&G!!

Btw has Shawarma disappeared from this planet?

He's appearing in more commercials than games . . . I think we're lining up him for a sale in January to City or PSG. He keeps getting random mysterious injuries that prevent him from playing.

I hate my club.

He's definitely good and I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him, but I just think the £20m it would take to sign him could be put to better use. But yeah, if we signed him our midfield would defo be improved.

Then in summer we can look for that creative/goalscoring midfielder we desperately need.
I heard Lars Bender signed a new contract? That true?

oh by the way Milan-GAF: Welcome to Parma's world, midtable positions is all that waits you, but fear not as Torino's world consist of near relegation spots so it's not that bad.

Yeah, I've already given up on this season. I'd actually rather us finish mid-table than get a EL spot, EL is a complete waste of time. It kind of relieves some stress, it's not a big deal if we lose every other game anymore.

Blablurn

tumblr_mvkza9ZAuz1s6646qo1_250.gif
tumblr_mvkza9ZAuz1s6646qo4_250.gif

Suen

He's appearing in more commercials than games . . . I think we're lining up him for a sale in January to City or PSG. He keeps getting random mysterious injuries that prevent him from playing.

I hate my club.
lol I can't believe how he's just disappeared. This is the player that carried the entire Milan team on his back last season when you were so far behind. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't have even reached 10th spot or something like that.

TeegsD

Arsenal fans. What do you want more? The CL or the EPL?

Not an Arsenal fan, some may even call me a hater, but this answer SHOULD be PL.

The CL would be icing on a cake but winning the PL would give Arsenal and a lot of their fans some vindication against a lot of the shit thrown at them, IMO.

i.e., No more empty trophy cabinet, just lightly dusted ;)

AND PENALTY TO SPORTING!!!! RED CARD FOR MARITIMO!

Salvadora

Not an Arsenal fan, some may even call me a hater, but this answer SHOULD be PL.

The CL would be icing on a cake but winning the PL would give Arsenal and a lot of their fans some vindication against a lot of the shit thrown at them, IMO.

i.e., No more empty trophy cabinet
It would, but factor in the fact that neither Arsenal or Wenger have ever won the Champions League with the later coming to the end of his career and it isn't an easy choice.

Have to disagree with Wilbury on Rooney's performance today. He was our best player and the heart of our best attacking play.

Still a potato faced cunt, but he's not crap. He's far from it actually. In better form than I've seen him in for a couple of seasons.

Maybe not world class right now, but if he keeps up with his excellent output for the rest of the season then you'd have to consider it.

Rooney was arguably our best player today. He was shit in the 2nd half, but the whole team was so can't fault him. Vidic and RVP were great today too and could be seen as MOTM.

How was januzaj vs fulham?

I was disappointed with his decision making today. He usually is excellent in that regard. Today he sometimes tried to do too much and put himself in trouble instead of maybe just holding the play and passing it back to restart the attack. His passing and dribbling was good today though.

Still productive because his passes are usually forward and throws defenses off balance. He had an assist today. He now has 2 goals and 3 assists (if you count the two times he was fouled and we scored from pen/fk).

Suen

i.e., No more empty trophy cabinet, just lightly dusted ;)

AND PENALTY TO SPORTING!!!! RED CARD FOR MARITIMO!
hahahahaha lambda

Rooney was arguably our best player today. Vidic and RVP were great today too.

I was disappointed with his decision making today. He usually is excellent in that regard. Today he sometimes tried to do too much and put himself in trouble instead of maybe just holding the play and passing it back to restart the attack. His passing and dribbling was good today though.

Still productive because his passes are usually forward and throws defenses off balance. He had an assist today. He now has 2 goals and 3 assists (if you count the two times he was fouled and we scored from pen/fk).
Was he playing LW?

Gonna be a big call whether or not to start him against Arsenal...

TeegsD

It would, but factor in the fact that neither Arsenal or Wenger have ever won the Champions League with the later coming to the end of his career and it isn't an easy choice.

That's also very true, didn't think about that. However, I will always go for the domestic league first.

EDIT-

Maritimo, for the second time, came close to scoring right after we scored. This is becoming a pattern and is just our "old" selves coming out again. We don't ease of the acceleration pedal; instead we push the brake pedal down through the floorboard down into Asthenosphere

Was he playing LW?

Gonna be a big call whether or not to start him against Arsenal...

Left wing in the first half. Right wing in the 2nd, but then he and rppmey switched positions with 15 minutes to go or so.

Thought he was fouled a couple of times, but didn't get the call so that might have swayed my stance on his decision making too. If he had gotten those calls I might have seen his performance in a different light.

Top Bottom