• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

noal

Banned
Pulga, please tell me what you eat/ drink/ snort because you have the energy of a young Ryan Giggs, or a small elephant.

Tell me your secrets!

Suen

He has literally had 2 good games in 3 months. Calm down lol.
He's been away most of the games and is already catching up to Neymar with less apps. More goals and just three assists behind. FF pls you're embarrassing yourself :looooooooooool. He's not even fully fit.

Anyway seriously, he's doing great. We didn't pay that much money for nothing, he's a quality player and there will be more to see from him.

Suen

Three points! Rayo played great in the second half, Lopez saving our ass again because we don't have any defenders.

TeegsD

annnd they tied, lol

1-1

Live Score Addicts is definitely faster at getting me Portuguese League notifications than it is getting BPL notifications

Salvadora

walcott has our second best player? Not even close imo. His pace is amazing though and I could see us making use of that to put pressure on the right but then Giroud i slow. How often is Giroud in position to receive Walcott's passes/crosses? Serious question.
I hate to pull a card out of Usho's book, but a lot of his goals came in the CoC against lower division opponents too. And RVP was a world class striker so was able to finish chances that others wouldn't have.

We need him back and maybe he has been a scapegoat for the club's troubles in the last few years, but I remember Walcott's bad side. Never forget.

LTWheels

I want to see us move towards this team:

----------------Mignolet
Johnson- Agger-Sakho-Enrique
------------------Lucas
---------Gerrard --- Henderson
----------------Coutinho
------------Suarez---Sturridge

Allen, Alberto rotating with who ever under performs in midfield.

pulga

Banned
I want to see us move towards this team:

----------------Mignolet
Johnson- Agger-Sakho-Enrique
------------------Lucas
---------Gerrard --- Henderson
----------------Coutinho
------------Suarez---Sturridge

Allen, Alberto rotating with who ever under performs in midfield.

Shit, just say Gerrard, no need to sugarcoat it.

FootballFan

He's been away most of the games and is already catching up to Neymar with less apps. More goals and just three assists behind. FF pls you're embarrassing yourself :looooooooooool. He's not even fully fit.

Who's talking about neymar here lol. No need to bring him up. Neymar decided the clasico. Caused you guys to lose 3 points and barca to gain 3 points. Bale beat rayo for you. Lol

So far, bale has had 2 good games. That's all I said. Injured, rested, subbed in for 5 minutes etc whatever, so far 2 good games for 105million.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neymar seemed to me like a left-sided Sanchez. He'll never score that many goals but he creates plenty for his teammates.

pulga

Banned
1383412147_283353_1383424906_album_grande.jpg

1383412147_283353_1383424948_album_grande.jpg

1383412147_283353_1383424997_album_grande.jpg

Dat budding partnership. Hnnnnngggggg

Suen

I hate to pull a card out of Usho's book, but a lot of his goals came in the CoC against lower division opponents too. And RVP was a world class striker so was able to finish chances that others wouldn't have.

We need him back and maybe he has been a scapegoat for the club's troubles in the last few years, but I remember Walcott's bad side. Never forget.
I never thought he was a scapegoat for the club's problems. I just think he isn't that great, he's ok in my book and with our squad as it is we def. do need him to be available. He's far from being a bad (let alone worst) replacement for any player in the squad. That award goes to Bendtner.

Lightning

Banned
Who's talking about neymar here lol. No need to bring him up. Neymar decided the clasico. Caused you guys to lose 3 points and barca to gain 3 points. Bale beat rayo for you. Lol

So far, bale has had 2 good games. That's all I said. Injured, rested, subbed in for 5 minutes etc whatever, so far 2 good games for 105million.
One must wonder how many assists Mesut would have now if he played for Madrid still and with the left over money they could have had Suarez as well. Trying to justify Bale is laughable no matter how he does.

Perez the monkey caused Madrid to get royally screwed.

pulga

Banned
Who's talking about neymar here lol. No need to bring him up. The ref decided the clasico. Caused you guys to lose 3 points and barca to gain 3 points. Bale beat rayo for you. Lol

Fixed, as your shoddy memory isn't what it used to be.

Two pens not called for us in that game, four pens called on us since then.

Dat Madrid bribery :lol :lol :lol

Suen

Neymar seemed to me like a left-sided Sanchez. He'll never score that many goals but he creates plenty for his teammates.
The next Ronaldinhooooooooooo. But yeah, I don't think he'll be a profilic goal scorer but one who gets the play going on and creating lots of chances, maybe he will be a great playmaker.

pulga

Banned
One must wonder how many assists Mesut would have now if he played for Madrid still and with the left over money they could have had Suarez as well. Trying to justify Bale is laughable no matter how he does.

Perez the monkey caused Madrid to get royally screwed.

How'd you like Ozil disappearing for 88 mins today? Get used to it. You're gonna sorely miss him when it's time to face the big boys.

Two goals and fours assists in two games, and you think we miss Ozil? hahahahaha

I can't wait for Mou to put Arsenal back in cup(less)board

I never thought he was a scapegoat for the club's problems. I just think he isn't that great, he's ok in my book and with our squad as it is we def. do need him to be available. He's far from being a bad (let alone worst) replacement for any player in the squad. That award goes to Bendtner.
Walcott is frustrating at times but he's a good finisher, and at least has pace to his game. Giroud tries so hard in every game, lovely to see.

Clegg

Rooney has 7 goals and 9 assists for United in all competitions. I dislike the man and wouldn't shed a tear if we sold him, but I can't deny that he's our best player this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan for the love of god SCORE

The next Ronaldinhooooooooooo. But yeah, I don't think he'll be a profilic goal scorer but one who gets the play going on and creating lots of chances, maybe he will be a great playmaker.

in other words

an effective Robinho

Salvadora

Walcott is frustrating at times but he's a good finisher, and at least has pace to his game. Giroud tries so hard in every game, lovely to see.
Giroud's lack of pace really holds him back.

Sometimes he completely gets the better of the defenders on him but can make anything of it because they can always recover. Bit annoying, but we've really missed a player like him with that amount of strength and the ability to hold the ball up. Szczesny's distribution has got way better recently too which helps us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How many is "that many" though?

I reckon he gets to 20 this season - not bad at all.

ATM, it's 4 goals in 15 games.

8 goals in 30 games
12 goals in 45 games?

I know this isn't how it works, but 4 goals in 15 games is simply not good enough. He's on 8 fucking assists though!

Top Bottom