• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BYKwnyqCEAAwHDV.jpg

Is this AS Roma?

Arnie

Liverpool should've used the Aspas money on Strootman.

Huge fucking oversight, the lad was available and willing to move to a club without Champions League football. And we know from The Times that Liverpool were scouting him.

After the Arsenal game I can't fucking wait until January/Summer. We need legs in that midfield ASAP. Really want Allen to be given a chance in the mean time. Look what game time did for Ramsey, and Allen's a technically gifted young Welshman just the same.

Walshy

Huge fucking oversight, the lad was available and willing to move to a club without Champions League football. And we know from The Times that Liverpool were scouting him.

After the Arsenal game I can't fucking wait until January/Summer. We need legs in that midfield ASAP. Really want Allen to be given a chance in the mean time. Look what game time did for Ramsey, and Allen's a technically gifted young Welshman just the same.
Definitely, we need a good defensive midfielder and the names we have been linked with are pretty good. Wouldn't mind Fernando Reges or Matic to go in our midfield in January.

In the meantime I want Gerrard to be rested, he's playing way to many games at the moment and a midfield of Allen - Henderson - Alberto/Coutinho is something which I want to see against Fulham.

Suen

Moyes signing Benz and Khedira. I can see it happening in front of me.....it will be signings of the year and Moyes United will come back stronger than ever.

Barzul

I hope Wenger spends in January, we really need another defender and striker. The other positions we're pretty stacked esp. when players return from injury. But which decent striker will be available in Jan? Suarez won't happen, just won't. That's a summer deal if there is any chance of it. Rooney however, if he doesn't sign on soon, who knows. A solid buy would be someone like Benteke but I'm unsure if Wenger will risk the 20m+ it would take to get him, but we've got money now so who knows. I'd like Diego Costa too there was a rumor from sport witness that Arsenal had been scouting him and At. Madrid connection automatically rules him out Real switch, Barca have Messi and Neymar so that won't happen (I think).

Clegg

I hope Wenger spends in January, we really need another defender and striker. The other positions we're pretty stacked esp. when players return from injury. But which decent striker will be available in Jan? Suarez won't happen, just won't. That's a summer deal if there is any chance of it. Rooney however, if he doesn't sign on soon, who knows. A solid buy would be someone like Benteke but I'm unsure if Wenger will risk the 20m+ it would take to get him, but we've got money now so who knows. I'd like Diego Costa too there was a rumor from sport witness that Arsenal had been scouting him and At. Madrid connection automatically rules him out Real switch, Barca have Messi and Neymar so that won't happen (I think).

Fucking hell.

If you've no hope in signing Suarez, you've no hope in signing Rooney either.

All the top strikers will line up when we're 15 points ahead of second place come January.

Clegg

Rooney's contractual situation makes that deal seem a lot more possible in my eyes.

It doesn't, because we won't sell to a club playing in the same league. It's the exact same situation as Suarez.

If Rooney doesn't sign a new contract we'd still let him run it down rather than sell. And he'd most likely go to Chelsea.

Yen

Who do we sign, Arnold, who do we sign?

Definitely, we need a good defensive midfielder and the names we have been linked with are pretty good. Wouldn't mind Fernando Reges or Matic to go in our midfield in January.

In the meantime I want Gerrard to be rested, he's playing way to many games at the moment and a midfield of Allen - Henderson - Alberto/Coutinho is something which I want to see against Fulham.
To be fair, Fulham are the type of team Gerrard could take apart. But I agree about resting him. His legs properly looked gone on the Arsenal game.

Arnie

Suarez won't go to Arsenal.

Rooney won't go to Arsenal.

I doubt Costa would leave this moment at Atletico, especially given his recent allegiance to the Spain national side. He said when we bid in the summer that he wanted to dedicate himself to becoming Atletico's main man. Fair play to him, he's doing it. Arsenal aren't getting near him in January, and probably not the summer, either.

Don't know who the fuck they could realistically go for. As I said last night, they need to scout with a bit more nous, in my opinion.

Who do we sign, Arnold, who do we sign?
Fuck knows, but I trust Brendan to make the correct decision.

Matic looks great. Powerful, good on the ball, great engine and technique.

I want us to start playing Allen first and foremost. We spent a good chunk on the lad and I think he's got great potential. He needs game time, though.

Just saw Milan lost again yesterday. How much longer can Allegri keep his job? How funny that Fiorentina had 2 shots on goal.. and 2 went in. Nice job by Gabriel. :lol

We are too cheap to pay out Max's salary and hire a new coach. Also Gabriel wasn't really at fault for the goals.

Anyway, there may be a God after all.

Berlusconi to revamp Milan?

There are reports Milan are planning huge changes, as Max Allegri and Adriano Galliani are at risk with Paolo Maldini due to come in.

According to several reports, including the Ansa news agency, Barbara Berlusconi is taking a commanding role in revamping the side.

She held a meeting with her father, President Silvio Berlusconi, to urge changes throughout the staff after disappointing transfer campaigns.

This would put general manager Galliani at risk as well as Allegri, as it’s rumoured Berlusconi will ask Paolo Maldini to return as a director.

ilikethathpsrc.gif

Wilbur

Banned
it has been

an age

you havent seen the sun for so very long

the vault is your home

you have never known anything but the vault

a place where budo is in short supply

a place where you know no one but yourself

your father

liam neeson

is black white or asian depending on your choices

you long to see the sun

all you want is to feel its orange glow on your bald/shaven/hairy/lusciously locked hair

all you want is to reply

and respond

and react

and retort

but you cant

you are paying for your crimes

wildly inappropriate

the aptitude test had foretold

there is a coup d'état in the vault

your birthday party doesnt go as planned

there is a boy

and a man

and a girl

and you escape

you press the button

the hatch unlocks

the breath is bated

the vault opens

the searing shine of the sun bathes you

and the first thing you see

when out of the vault

and into the light

for the first time in what feels like forever

is that

manchester united are alive

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welcome back Wilbs and Gareth Bale <3

Damn your post makes me want to play Fallout again :p

JuveTwitter loved your article btw!

Fergie

Banned
it has been

an age

the vault is your home

your father

liam neeson

you long to see the sun

all you want is to feel its orange glow on your bald/shaven/hairy/lusciously locked hair

all you want is to reply

and respond

and react

and retort

but you cant

wildly inappropriate

there is a boy

and a man

and a girl

and you escape

you press the button

the hatch unlocks

the breath is bated

the vault opens

when out of the vault

and into the light

is that

PdpqPsZ.gif

dem chicken fumes
PdpqPsZ.gif

Barzul

it has been

an age

the vault is your home

your father

liam neeson

you long to see the sun

all you want is to reply

and respond

and react

and retort

but you cant

wildly inappropriate

there is a boy

and a man

and a girl

and you escape

you press the button

the hatch unlocks

the breath is bated

the vault opens

when out of the vault

and into the light

is that

Welcome back.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright you bunch of fucking mangoes.

Firstly, let it be said that Arsenal fans, I will concede a tad; up until yesterday evening you were the most insufferable pack of fuck farts on the entire internet. I just couldn't handle it.

And then you were just great. Liverpool were poor, but you were great. You get immunity until one of you says something outlandishly fucking irritating again. truce

Secondly, I missed you guys. I've been masturbating in a tree house fashioned from jumpers and popcorn boxes for a month now, wanting to reply every time bud showed distaste at anyone winning without making it look like a 'sex in art' exhibition, every time Blablurn said something obnoxious, every time someone posted manchester united is dead without looking at the points tallies. But on the whole, I hath enjoyed my month. I got a handy in a cab and turned down sex in order to play Pokemon. I now have a level 100 Final Froakie.

I have a blog - One Sub Left, which I've asked a few guys to write a little ting 4, thank u dc and bungie so far for getting them to me.

I have laughed as Chelsea lose to Newcastle. I have laughed as Joe Hart has shown all the handling skills of an epileptic kid at Legoland's driving test. I have laughed at you cunts changing avatars.

I have returned for Moyeezus' safe passage into the last sixteen of the Champions League and hopefully to see Arsenal get knocked out. Truce over, motherfuckers.

Wilbur

Banned
Welcome back Wilbs and Gareth Bale <3

Damn your post makes me want to play Fallout again :p

JuveTwitter loved your article btw!

I was just talking about Fallout today, hopefully Bethesda get a new game engine. Loved Skyrim but I couldn't do it again lol

And cheers for that mang, hope u enjoyed it <3 #lovearturo #hatexavi #bridgeontherivercry #fuckyoufootballfan

Wilbs you got me banned you cunt.

shut up you know what you were banned for, informer

Top Bottom