• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Wilbur

Banned
Welcome back Willbur and Bale!

Willbur back just in time for Arsenal's trip to Old Trafford. Doubt we will win that one, a draw will be a good result imo.

Yeah, think it'll be a draw myself. Better result for you than it will be for us considering the points gap and how we've done against you the last few years. If we get a win I'll be delighted, but not sure.

Also learn to spell my name you bastard

@Timerda

Rafa-Benitez.jpg

Suen

Parma have released a statement condemning their own supporters for an insulting banner against Juventus.

In Saturday’s 1-0 victory for the Bianconeri, someone in the Stadio Tardini crowd displayed a banner referencing Gianluca Pessotto’s suicide attempt.

The Juve director jumped from a window at the club’s offices in 2006 and was in critical condition, but has now fully recovered.

“Parma FC distance themselves from what happened at the Tardini against Juve and the display of a shameful banner against Gianluca Pessotto.

“We renew all our respect for the Vice-Director of the Bianconeri Youth Academy, hoping a similar incident is never repeated.”

It's sadly not the first time a banner has referenced this incident, as Milan were fined for a similar insult.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina could also be in trouble after racist chants were heard against Mario Balotelli and Sulley Muntari at San Siro last night.

It’s possible the Viola will be ordered to play with a section of their stands behind closed doors or warned with a fine.
Juve-GAF we love you.

Suen

Yeah, I read about that Pessotto banner, but didn't want to comment, as it is below shameful. There are brainless animals in every tifoseria, unfortunately.
Yeah it sucks, shit like that and the racists chants that only seem to increasing with the years. Hopefully it was only one supporter who was waving that banner around although I wouldn't be surprised if it was several ones of them behaving like monkeys with it.

Sometimes we're a very baffling club.

Is the general gist that you bought Tosic, who came with a first refusal deal for the more promising Ljajic who you intended to buy the next summer, but your finances took a massive hit in the meantime so you couldn't afford him?

dc89

it has been

an age

you havent seen the sun for so very long

the vault is your home

you have never known anything but the vault

a place where budo is in short supply

a place where you know no one but yourself

your father

liam neeson

is black white or asian depending on your choices

you long to see the sun

all you want is to feel its orange glow on your bald/shaven/hairy/lusciously locked hair

all you want is to reply

and respond

and react

and retort

but you cant

you are paying for your crimes

wildly inappropriate

the aptitude test had foretold

there is a coup d'état in the vault

your birthday party doesnt go as planned

there is a boy

and a man

and a girl

and you escape

you press the button

the hatch unlocks

the breath is bated

the vault opens

the searing shine of the sun bathes you

and the first thing you see

when out of the vault

and into the light

for the first time in what feels like forever

is that

manchester united are alive

I can't.

Yen

it has been

an age

you havent seen the sun for so very long

the vault is your home

you have never known anything but the vault

a place where budo is in short supply

a place where you know no one but yourself

your father

liam neeson

is black white or asian depending on your choices

you long to see the sun

all you want is to feel its orange glow on your bald/shaven/hairy/lusciously locked hair

all you want is to reply

and respond

and react

and retort

but you cant

you are paying for your crimes

wildly inappropriate

the aptitude test had foretold

there is a coup d'état in the vault

your birthday party doesnt go as planned

there is a boy

and a man

and a girl

and you escape

you press the button

the hatch unlocks

the breath is bated

the vault opens

the searing shine of the sun bathes you

and the first thing you see

when out of the vault

and into the light

for the first time in what feels like forever

is that

manchester united are alive
Bane: "Of course!"

Clegg

Is the general gist that you bought Tosic, who came with a first refusal deal for the more promising Ljajic who you intended to buy the next summer, but your finances took a massive hit in the meantime so you couldn't afford him?
That's what I've read.

Also read 2 other different takes on it. 1) We could not get a work permit sorted and gave up on the deal.

2) Fergie was given reports which made him doubt Ljajic's character.

Bit of a kick in the balls both parties. He'd been over to train with the squad a number of times and was looking forward to signing for us. And we were getting one of the brightest young talents in Europe.

Suen

man I can't wait to see Mikael Ishak play for Parma when he gets back from loan. Looks like a very promising young talent, would love to see more from him. Crotone is 6th so it looks like his team is doing fairly good. I hope Donadoni is gone by the time he comes back.

Suen

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Roma's winning run has been BROKEN! By Torinooooooooo! Timuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Lille is leading by two goals against Monaco looooooooool! Monaco is imploding, serves you right for being so fucking greedy Falcao, come to Madrid.

Wilbur

Banned
Good stuff Torino. Thought Roma'd be a tad more susceptible with Castelan out, him and Benatia have looked great so far this season.

TORINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No coincidence that Roma finally drops points after a midweek match day. They are really benefiting from not playing in Europe.

Also I can't believe Juve and Napoli are only three points away from them. I still think the Scudetto battle will be Juve/Napoli, I don't think Roma can sustain dominance over the course of a season like those clubs can. Though if I had to choose, I'd definitely want Roma to win, because of my man-crush on Bradley.

TORINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No coincidence that Roma finally drops points after a midweek match day. They are really benefiting from not playing in Europe.

Also I can't believe Juve and Napoli are only three points away from them. I still think the Scudetto battle will be Juve/Napoli, I don't think Roma can sustain dominance over the course of a season like those clubs can. Though if I had to choose, I'd definitely want Roma to win.

Also they don't have the bribery/mafia power behind them.

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't really care who wins Serie A out of Roma/Juventus (although another Scudetto for Totti would be nice), I just want to see them in the CL again. dat 7-0

arkon

I have been hopeless this weekend.

Absolutely hopeless.

Next Friday I will withdraw some money and just eat it at various points over the weekend instead to save myself some hassle.

Surely you'll take that if Wednesday win 5-2 every weekend that you have horrible luck with your gambling!

Top Bottom