• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

FM is ruthless.

f4X8RRM.png

Manzepi

Neo Member
Also, very sad to see Ravanelli been fired from Ajaccio

Hated the man with great passion when he was at Marseilles, more recently hated his team because they were really really awfull to see, the french equivalent of Stoke (but with Mutu)

But the man is class, very passionate dude

Linius

At this rate, that will be Vitesse or AZ.

Vitesse pulled a lucky win yesterday, could have easily been three points for us if De Jong had scored that huge chance thirty seconds before they scored.

About AZ I don't know, haven't seen them play in quite a while. But as almost per usual you can expect them to fuck it up at some point.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do you think being conservative will fuck us over?

So far we've played the same way we have over the last 5/6 years. Open and attacking at home and conservative away,

What will cost us is a lack of quality in CM meaning we can't control games.

Because I think Moyes will set up far too conservatively in every game. The Leverkusen game was a nice surprise actually but nothing from Sociedad at home signalled to me that he was willing to open up too much. I don't know, I have a feeling he won't manage the two legged tie too well this year. Doing alright so far though, fair play to him.

But you're right, no CMs will be the downfall as usual. Mail ran a piece today saying almost everyone in a red shirt was great while Fellaini did fuck all which I found relatively odd. Thought he was pretty good in the second half actually, especially in the light of Shinji being utter fucking guff and Rooney being wasteful and then moaning at others.

Tony V was man of the match yesterday. Need him in top form for Europe I think because he's so different to what all the other top teams have, no one has a winger that just takes people on down the flank. Everyone's got inverted bastards now.

Suen

Your club are a complete non entity, the only team you can beat is Milan lol

Sue I must say it's hilarious reading your posts. Could look over your last ten and they go like this

FUCK YOU GIROUD FOR MISSING THAT

YESSSSSSSSS BIABANY

UGN WHY IS BENZEMA STARTING

GOAAALLLLLLLL WELSH RAREBIT RAMSEY

SHIT FUCK YOU IN THE MOUTH AND BUTTCRACK DONADONI

GOAAAALLLLLL WELSH RAREBIT BALE

PLEASE WENGER BUY GERVINHO

PLEASE DONADONI SELL AMAURI

PLEASE CARLO DIE

It's like you're a fucking schizo case
You'll never understand my pain, never. The hell you go through with Moyesaurus is 1/100 of what I go through with Donadoni and Ancelotti at the same time. Pls understand.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Bacon

the best thing about that table is the GD! It's either everyone is good at everything or everyone is pretty bad at eveything.

Only the face.

Repeatedly.

I actually like Ronaldo but he is younger than me, fitter than me, better at football than me, richer than me and looks better than me in a pair of tight keks. Just. And in a fist fight he would leave me in wobbled heap on the pavement. Standing over me in his pants staring into the sky. Victorious. The ultimate male.

Do you see? Do you feel it?

Look at his eyebrows man

Wilbur

Banned
wilbury pls, Arsenal are the only english club that actually plays football from this century

Agreed.

Wilbury has shown himself to be an enemy of football.

City on top form are the best team in the country, sorry lads. Arsenal deserve to be top, but would rather watch City at 100% than Arsenal when it comes to masturbating in front of a television showing 22 men run around (if I can't watch a live stream of Battlefield 4 that is)

Arsenal fans attitudes is what's getting to me :lol. Not just on here. Real life as well. All just getting ahead of themselves.

Because I think Moyes will set up far too conservatively in every game. The Leverkusen game was a nice surprise actually but nothing from Sociedad at home signalled to me that he was willing to open up too much. I don't know, I have a feeling he won't manage the two legged tie too well this year. Doing alright so far though, fair play to him.

But you're right, no CMs will be the downfall as usual. Mail ran a piece today saying almost everyone in a red shirt was great while Fellaini did fuck all which I found relatively odd. Thought he was pretty good in the second half actually, especially in the light of Shinji being utter fucking guff and Rooney being wasteful and then moaning at others.

Tony V was man of the match yesterday. Need him in top form for Europe I think because he's so different to what all the other top teams have, no one has a winger that just takes people on down the flank. Everyone's got inverted bastards now.
Seems like we played well against Sociedad and when I tuned in with 15 minutes to go we were still attacking and playing quite openly even though it was 1-0.

So I think so far he's made the right choices tactically in the CL. Obviously games against better teams are another matter all together. Next Sunday should be interesting.

Wilbur

Banned
Seems like we played well against Sociedad and when I tuned in with 15 minutes to go we were still attacking and playing quite openly even though it was 1-0.

So I think so far he's made the right choices tactically in the CL. Obviously games against better teams are another matter all together. Next Sunday should be interesting.

I think we look in two minds sometimes if I'm honest. Naturally we have players that naturally want to attack, from our full backs to our midfielders and onwards. I think Moyes has had us try to curb that a tad and try to defend a bit more, and we look a little bit caught out sometimes because of that. Not too concerning, and we're getting points on the board now in both competitions. Not knocking him per se, but it really will be interesting when we come up against someone else. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have all been pretty shite when it comes to our approaches.

K1LLER7

Don't forget, everybody else has wingers that can cross the ball properly. Tony.V, not so much.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't forget, everybody else has wingers that can cross the ball properly. Tony.V, not so much.

shut up that doesn't matter

Man, remember him a few years ago? Just bummed everyone into oblivion. Encouraging the last few games to be honest but nothing near approaching his best. Good thing Adnan is our new lord and saviour.

Zabojnik

So Roma drawed I see. The beginning of the end?

Nah, not yet. They have a pretty easy calendar til the end of the year. They play with Sassuolo and Cagliari next, both at the Olimpico. That's 6 points. And there's Juve - Napoli next weekend. A boring draw is likely, since both teams play in CL midweek, which again favours Roma. Juventus - Roma on the 6th of January could be the turning point, especially if we crash out of CL early and concentrate on the scudetto race, as we likely will.

spidye

Your club are a complete non entity, the only team you can beat is Milan lol

Sue I must say it's hilarious reading your posts. Could look over your last ten and they go like this

FUCK YOU GIROUD FOR MISSING THAT

YESSSSSSSSS BIABANY

UGN WHY IS BENZEMA STARTING

GOAAALLLLLLLL WELSH RAREBIT RAMSEY

SHIT FUCK YOU IN THE MOUTH AND BUTTCRACK DONADONI

GOAAAALLLLLL WELSH RAREBIT BALE

PLEASE WENGER BUY GERVINHO

PLEASE DONADONI SELL AMAURI

PLEASE CARLO DIE

It's like you're a fucking schizo case

oh god their leader is back

leave suen alone

welcome back cunt

Wilbur

Banned
Garth Crooks

Sometimes the suggestion that another quality player is about to join the ranks can be enough to focus the mind. The news that former Everton boss David Moyes wanted Leighton Baines to follow him to Old Trafford must have come as a hell of a shock to Patrice Evra, because he's been playing out of his skin ever since

heresmoyesy8uolx.gif

what

K1LLER7

shut up that doesn't matter

Man, remember him a few years ago? Just bummed everyone into oblivion. Encouraging the last few games to be honest but nothing near approaching his best. Good thing Adnan is our new lord and saviour.
Teams have learnt to get him on his left foot. But he's great when he attacks the defenders instead of bumming the corner flag.

It works well with Adnan on one wing and Valencia on the other imo.

Would start the same team we used against Fulham in the first half against Arsenal. Maybe play Carrick and Giggs/Fellani in midfield.

Suen

I called dibs on the next OT on the first page. THIS WILL BE FOR ME TO DECIDE.

ibxb0e4rNdfkPf.gif
I feel safe with you making the next OT. It will be good.

oh god their leader is back

leave suen alone

welcome back cunt
Don't trust his words. He supports Roma, he says he is a causal follower of Serie A but whenever Roma scores he shoots his cum all way to Stadio Olimpico. He's a proper two-teamer, he's just shy about it.

Bumhead

Banned
20. Tranmere Rovers - 13
--------------------------
21. Crewe Alexandra - 13
22. Sheffield United - 12
23. Bristol City - 10
24. Notts County - 10

funny.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Teams have learnt to get him on his left foot. But he's great when he attacks the defenders instead of bumming the corner flag.

It works well with Adnan on one wing and Valencia on the other imo.

Would start the same team we used against Fulham in the first half against Arsenal. Maybe play Carrick and Giggs/Fellani in midfield.

I definitely wouldn't go with that midfield. If Carrick's back then him and Fellaini. Evans and Jones/Evans and Vidic at the back would both be fine by me.

It's pretty easy to predict Arsenal's starting line up always, which is nice. Might see Wilshere for Rosicky but they'll try and influence the game in the same way anyway. Would make Fellaini sit on Ozil, ask Rafael (and fucking implore Evra) to tuck in and show Santi and whoever else right down the wing, and then just rely on counter attacking. Kagawa or Nani might be a good shout instead of Adnan depending on the gameplan, but then I'd trust him to put in a good performance anyway.

Salvadora

City on top form are the best team in the country, sorry lads. Arsenal deserve to be top, but would rather watch City at 100% than Arsenal when it comes to masturbating in front of a television showing 22 men run around (if I can't watch a live stream of Battlefield 4 that is)

Arsenal fans attitudes is what's getting to me :lol. Not just on here. Real life as well. All just getting ahead of themselves.
Think Arsenal are pretty unparalleled when playing incredible one touch football which we've seen a few times already this season, but City are a good shout. When they bring it they are unstoppable.

Wilbur

Banned
Think Arsenal are pretty unparalleled when playing incredible one touch football which we've seen a few times already this season, but City are a good shout. When they bring it they are unstoppable.

You played some lovely stuff at times yesterday, Arsene got it spot on. Kolo and Skrtel are too slow in the brain to handle the quick passing

BLOW ME MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU WEAK ASS BITCHES CANT HANDLE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiorentina level embarrassing, celebrating draws at home with such vigour lol

Suen

You played some lovely stuff at times yesterday, Arsene got it spot on. Kolo and Skrtel are too slow in the brain to handle the quick passing

:lol iirc me and Madrid-GAF celebrated a draw against Dortmund at home in the group stage last CL :p

Elchele

Has FF already mentioned that AS Roma this season is a result of Luis Enrique work, and indirectly, Guardiola?

If not, I'll be disappointed.

Watching Arsenal play against Liverpool I'd say having mobile midfielders is pretty important.

Think one of Jones or Cleverly might be useful. Cleverly is pretty pants defensively though (although he has been better this season) but yeah Fellaini and Carrick don't really get about much. Fellaini should but he's just been shit so far.

Anyway I sense that beating Arsenal will be more of a case of attacking them and exposing their defence than trying to control the midfield. We pretty much always concede it to them and their attack has been blunt enough over the years to just defend and then break.

Wilbur

Banned
Has FF already mentioned that AS Roma this season is a result of Luis Enrique work, and indirectly, Guardiola?

If not, I'll be disappointed.

In the space of a few months, FF has gone from sub par troll who no one noticed to phenomenal troll that pisses everyone off. Glorious metamorphosis befitting of someone who adorns the flea avatar.

Absolutely ridiculous that Lloris wasn't subbed.

McCarthy's a fucking great talent.

No idea what AVB was thinking there, absolute mango decision.

Salvadora

Absolutely ridiculous that Lloris wasn't subbed.
Agree completely.

When Flamini had that horror head clash (which resulted in a concussion) he was allowed to continue until he complained of double vision, a couple of minutes later. Really irresponsible stuff, who knows what could have happened especially for a player of his nature.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching Arsenal play against Liverpool I'd say having mobile midfielders is pretty important.

Think one of Jones or Cleverly might be useful. Cleverly is pretty pants defensively though (although he has been better this season) but yeah Fellaini and Carrick don't really get about much. Fellaini should but he's just been shit so far.

Anyway I sense that beating Arsenal will be more of a case of attacking them and exposing their defence than trying to control the midfield. We pretty much always concede it to them and their attack has been blunt enough over the years to just defend and then break.

Theoretically yes, Fellaini should be a proper decent choice. If you could guarantee that he was going to play as he has been, then I'd pick Cleverley instead but it makes sense on paper to go for Marwan.

Counter quick is always the way against Arsenal, has been since time immemorial for me. Get at them in the centre, let them keep possession around the box and wings and stay compact, then quick breaks. Memories of that CL semi win still give me stonk ons so repugnantly veiny that I book doctor appointments.

Full backs have a hard job I think; support wingers and double up on Gibbs and Sagna, both who won't be protected very well by Cazorla and Rosicky, but risk opening up a lot of space for those two.

Not worried if Wilshere plays lol, Tom outshone him last year. It was glorious.

Agree completely.

When Flamini had that horror head clash (which resulted in a concussion) he was allowed to continue until he complained of double vision, a couple of minutes later. Really irresponsible stuff, who knows what could have happened especially for a player of his nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056q2UeaV_s

got up and played on 5 min later, like a boss even though he wasn't sure what he was really doing there.

football >>> life

#yolo

Hixx

Westwood did the same yesterday, got clattered in first half, fucked on for 5 mins deciding whether to stay on... ended up going off.

Those 5 mins of injury time? Our two red cards.
KuGsj.gif

Timurid

Pls Let me savor this record breaking draw.

Arnie

Yea mobility is key against Arsenal Viva.

Otherwise you'll have Ramsey so far up your anus he's tickling your voice box as you scream for seppuku.

Top Bottom