• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Hixx

Someone at our U21 game tonight said Poyet asked Bally to take Mavrias off early, presumably for the cup game on Wednesday.

Awww yiss

I'd have him on the bench already anyway, nevermind with the u21s.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan are off to their worst start since 1981-82, when they were relegated to Serie B.

sadkansas.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Someone at our U21 game tonight said Poyet asked Bally to take Mavrias off early, presumably for the cup game on Wednesday.

Awww yiss

How you feeling Poyet so far
save it for the blog

I think he looks like one of the vampires in Buffy

Wilbur

Banned
I've never given a fuck about Milan. I'm not sure why. Always had a soft spot for Juve and Roma, and ever since FIFA 05 when I discovered that beautiful purple kit Fiore, but not Milan. Maybe its through getting bummed by Kaka too many times and them surrendering to Liverpool, the cunts.

Just bought FM14 but not sure who to be.

Hmm.

My qualifier against Kazakhstan is going to be a mad one. Lost 3-2 away in Serbia in my first game but it was encouraging, dem set piece goals.

City's first 3 games - 0-3 at home to United, 0-1 away to Swansea, 0-1 at home to Stoke #pellegriniout

Think I've only got the beta - is there much difference full game boys?

Hixx

How you feeling Poyet so far
save it for the blog

I think he looks like one of the vampires in Buffy

He's not really done anything wrong so far bar bring that cunt Bardsley back in.

Swansea, for 45 mins it was a pretty good away performance, could have been infront easily. Concede soft own goal -> heads drop -> done.

Mags at home we were the better team and deserved the win when nobody thought we'd get anything other than a pasting.

Hull... we were poor. But what can he do when two of his most senior players decide to embarrass themselves? Set up the team very well in the second half to be fair, not only did we never look like conceding despite being two men down we honestly had the best chance of the half and probably could've had a point.

He won't keep us up but that is because our squad is pathetic. If he can make it so it's not an embarrassment of a season, he'll have done well. Which is pretty fucking sad.

edit: oh yeah I'll write that in the next couple of days.

Wilbur

Banned
He's not really done anything wrong so far bar bring that cunt Bardsley back in.

Swansea, for 45 mins it was a pretty good away performance, could have been infront easily. Concede soft own goal -> heads drop -> done.

Mags at home we were the better team and deserved the win when nobody thought we'd get anything other than a pasting.

Hull... we were poor. But what can he do when two of his most senior players decide to embarrass themselves? Set up the team very well in the second half to be fair, not only did we never look like conceding despite being two men down we honestly had the best chance of the half and probably could've had a point.

He won't keep us up but that is because our squad is pathetic. If he can make it so it's not an embarrassment of a season, he'll have done well. Which is pretty fucking sad.

edit: oh yeah I'll write that in the next couple of days.

Haven't noticed that much of a change in performances from PDC days to be honest; you were playing alright but just making stupid fucking mistakes. De Fanti needs to take his fingers off the fucking trigger though

Hixx

Well our goals conceded per game has dropped to average of 2 since he came in instead of about 3.

City at the weekend will see normality restored.

Awww yiss

Is this the guy in that amazing goal gif you posted the other day?

Arnie

r u enjoyin london nw arnuld

u wnt 2 meet 4 a beer 1 day nd wtch liverpul loose lol

a/s/l

It's a bit better, improving all the time.

I do want to meet for a beer and some footy, that would be lovely.

Just got home to my new housemate setting up his room. Nice lad. Got a bit of an inverted head, like. Sort of goes in like a convex analogue stick. But as I say, nice lad.

Best mate from school is visiting this weekend and I'm gonna take him on a post Fulham bender that hopefully ends up in vomiting.

Also wanna book imax tickets for Gravity.

wawewawa

Linius

Just got home to my new housemate setting up his room. Nice lad. Got a bit of an inverted head, like. Sort of goes in like a convex analogue stick. But as I say, nice lad.

Best mate from school is visiting this weekend and I'm gonna take him on a post Fulham bender that hopefully ends up in vomiting.

wawewawa

DO IT

So you live in London permanently now?

Hixx

Is this the guy in that amazing goal gif you posted the other day?

No that is Alex Gorrin. He actually had a trial at Dortmund in the summer, scored when he played. Guess they didn't think much of him.

Mavrias is a Greek teenager we signed from Olympiakos. Supposed to be hot shit but he's got AJ and Borini ahead of him.

Elchele

Do you guys agree with Klopp about the Barcelona football style? I do.

It's kind of like with wine, there are super-expensive wines and reviewers say they're amazing, etc. So people has to agree or they will look stupid, but we all know inside those wines are kind of bad.

Terrible analogy, but I think you guys get it. Everyone says Barcelona play amazing football because the whole media made us believe it, maybe it was great the first couple of seasons because it was 'new' but I can't think of a worst football match than watching Barcelona play any other La Liga side. It's soul crushing.

Klopp's Dortmund and Heynckes' Bayern are/were amazing and very fun to watch.

parma are shit

Wilbur

Banned

wawewawa

Let's do that, baby. We'll find a weekend some point in the new year when we're both free, pick a good match, invite Viva and faridmon (please), and we'll have a roast.

convex analogue stick loooooooooool

Gravity looks good. Even my mum's hyped

Salvadora

It's kind of like with wine, there are super-expensive wines and reviewers say they're amazing, etc. So people has to agree or they will look stupid, but we all know inside those wines are kind of bad.

Terrible analogy, but I think you guys get it. Everyone says Barcelona play amazing football because the whole media made us believe it, maybe it was great the first couple of seasons because it was 'new' but I can't think of a worst football match than watching Barcelona play any other La Liga side. It's soul crushing.

parma are shit
I think possession for possession's sake creates a mind numbingly boring football match.

But when it was 'new', it wasn't like that. Somewhere along the line Barcelona changed.

K1LLER7

I preferred to watch Barcelona ronnie era.

Liverpool 2008 were fun to watch too.

Wilbur

Banned

parma are shit

I've never enjoyed watching this era of Barca really. There's exceptions - and I should say that the 2008/09 Barca were a fucking good side to watch. And a few times, like the 5-0 Madrid game, it's been absolutely incredible. The amount of times I gasped and chuckled and laughed and said wow watching that match was just nuts, because I couldn't believe the audacity of the things they were doing in the world's biggest match.

For the most part though, they're an absolute chore to watch. They don't like when things go their own way so start harassing referees even more so than most big clubs do, there's a lot of play acting, their games can devolve into the most turgid stuff imaginable. That's not all on Barca, that's teams reacting to them so I get that. But its most Barca games; I could watch Betis defend for their lives against Barca in a boring match and then have a fun one against Villarreal the next week. Most Barca games follow the same pattern.

K1LLER7

Januzaj's been fouled 18 times in the PL. Should have been 20 after Fulham. Started 3 games, and came on as sub three times.
FootballFan would be proud.

Nice to see how he's adapting to players doubling up on him. Like in the Fulham game, he'd have 3 players around him, yet still managed a way out over and over again.

Linius

Not watching any trailers about The Hobbit. These damn two minute long Hollywood trailers almost tell you the complete story.

Wilbur

Banned
Not watching any trailers about The Hobbit. These damn two minute long Hollywood trailers almost tell you the complete story.

Yeah its a long trailer.

It's fucking great though. I really liked the first one, but this trailer looks like it'll approach LOTR awesomeness

Arnie

DO IT

So you live in London permanently now?
I do.

Looking for a new house from tomorrow. Current contract runs out on the 21st.

Wilbury if you'd like to make a football/PS4 haven with me speak now.
Let's do that, baby. We'll find a weekend some point in the new year when we're both free, pick a good match, invite Viva and faridmon (please), and we'll have a roast.

convex analogue stick loooooooooool

Gravity looks good. Even my mum's hyped
Sounds good.

Defo get Viva, the little rascal.

dno bout farid tho, will he chop me to pieces?

Wilbur

Banned
I do.

Looking for a new house from tomorrow. Current contract runs out on the 21st.

Wilbury if you'd like to make a football/PS4 haven with me speak now.

Sounds good.

Defo get Viva, the little rascal.

dno bout farid tho, will he chop me to pieces?

I reckon he's lovely in real life. It's only on paper he comes across a bit mental. Still lovely, but the little slips in grammar just make me fucking crease.

Salvadora

Has anyone here seen Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight.

Genuinely was completely blown away when I watched them this week. Still digesting them, but I think they could end up being some of my favourite movies ever. Before Sunset in particular.

Top Bottom