• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Linius

Has anyone here seen Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight.

Genuinely was completely blown away when I watched them this week. Still digesting them, but I think they could end up being some of my favourite movies ever. Before Sunset in particular.

I know I need to. More people who's opinion I rate love these films.

Genuinely was completely blown away when I watched them this week. Still digesting them, but I think they could end up being some of my favourite movies ever. Before Sunset in particular.

Still need to watch them.

Anyone seen Days of Being Wild/In the Mood for Love/2046?

Elchele

inPmgYdQK8nko.png

what a shitty club, I still remember when they signed Messi cousin

Arnie

where the fuck is rugby

Dunno but I passed through it on my train.

Somewhere in the middle of the country (aka fucking nowhere).

It has no 3G.

Arnie take Smeghead with you too and buy him some popcorn

he might need it after tomorrow :(
He's in Liverpool counting numbers.

I hope he's doing alright, I've not spoken to him in a little while.

Smeggle post if you're okay?

Wilbur

Banned
Is this gathering reserved for Landan cunts?

here's the thing

i would love all footygaffers to come

all of them

but if you fucking thing i'm going to leicester so i can hang around with helga lenga just for the relative ease of you to hang around

thats not on

you can travel to st pancras ok

LTWheels

Finally got around to finishing Halo 4 tonight. Played through on Heroic. Thought I should finish it as I'm ebaying my 360 in a week or so.

Really enjoyed it. I liked the new enemies but feel like the knights needs to be tweaked a bit. If you don't have the right weapons against them they become too much of an uphill battle. Rifles are useless against them, because they are way too much of a bullet sponge. Especially when you empty almost a clip to pop their shields but they teleport away so that the shields can restore. They are too good at dodging grenades as well. I can only remember killing one with a grenade. I would practically hold onto a scattershot for as long as possible just to deal with the knights. It's the only normal gun that I found to be effective on them. I found them stressful to fight.

Now I need to finish gta5, red dead and bayonette and I'm ready to sell.

Clegg

Just been thinking that if Kagawa leaves, I won't be too disappointed. Sure there would be a sense of regret about him leaving as he's a very talented player. But he's only shown that form in fleeting glimpses for us. And he definitely hasn't shown any sort of form that would warrant shifting Rooney to the left. We might be in the market for a new attacking midfielder in the summer. Preferably one who is comfortable playing on the left.

If he leaves then I hope its back to Dortmund.

Fuck Köln, give me St. Pauli or Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga.

Lautern sucks, they have great fans but the whole club is just kinda bland... Like, it's kinda cool to have them in the league but you won't care if they aren't there. Cologne's craziness and drama is totally missing in the Bundesliga. I'd love to get Pauli back, though.

WJD

It's cool guys I can get to London

we can sit in wetherspoons and sip hooch then go to a respectable gentlemans establishment and show Nathan a reet good time

Linius

I watched the Lego movie trailer just now while I'm at it. All I see is this guy when the main character is speaking

U4pYSsO.gif

They just made a Lego Andy and I'm not sure if I like what's going on in that trailer.

pulga

Banned
Just been thinking that if Kagawa leaves, I won't be too disappointed. Sure there would be a sense of regret about him leaving as he's a very talented player. But he's only shown that form in fleeting glimpses for us. And he definitely hasn't shown any sort of form that would warrant shifting Rooney to the left. We might be in the market for a new attacking midfielder in the summer. Preferably one who is comfortable playing on the left.

That's cause he's getting fuck all games innit

And they say Madrid ruins players' careers looooooooooool

LTWheels

Shame he plays for United. Prime for Brendan's signature face touching, January revival.

Finally got around to finishing Halo 4 tonight. Played through on Heroic. Thought I should finish it as I'm ebaying my 360 in a week or so.

Really enjoyed it. I liked the new enemies but feel like the knights needs to be tweaked a bit. If you don't have the right weapons against them they become too much of an uphill battle. Rifles are useless against them, because they are way too much of a bullet sponge. Especially when you empty almost a clip to pop their shields but they teleport away so that the shields can restore. They are too good at dodging grenades as well. I can only remember killing one with a grenade. I would practically hold onto a scattershot for as long as possible just to deal with the knights. It's the only normal gun that I found to be effective on them. I found them stressful to fight.

Now I need to finish gta5, red dead and bayonette and I'm ready to sell.

Ready for Xbox One?! And completed with a year to go before Halo 5 next year!

Clegg

Everyone should listed to the 'How Did This Get Made?' podcasts. They talk about really terrible movies and point out all their flaws. Funny stuff.

Wilbur

Banned
That's cause he's getting fuck all games innit

And they say Madrid ruins players' careers looooooooooool

Nah. When he plays he still should be doing better. He was absolutely atrocious against Fulham at 3-0 up, no excuses for him there.

Linius

Have you guys already noticed that Greg Sestero wrote a book about his adventures with Tommy Wiseau and making The Room? I'd love to have that book :D

Clegg

Shame he plays for United. Prime for Brendan's signature face touching, January revival.
Think Kagawa would only be interested in a return to Dortmund. He made it clear that he'd like to go back one day and Klopp would love to have him back too.

Only problem we'd have is with Rooney. Still need to get him tied up to a new contract. Sell Shinji and we have an angry fat man in the last year of his contract and no suitable replacement for him.

LTWheels

Ready for Xbox One?! And completed with a year to go before Halo 5 next year!

No idea if I'm, gonna buy Xbox, PS4, or do nothing. I've got a few more days to decide before money's taken for pre-orders. There's no new 360 titles in the foreseeable future that I want to buy, that are not coming to the PC. So getting rid.

I barely play on my 360 anymore. Mainly just watch tv on it.

Arnie

Sarah Millican's comedic universe in a nutshell:

"I went around my boyfriend's and had some ice cream.

I no longer have a boyfriend.

Cus I'm fat."

fuck off you bint

feel

Milan are off to their worst start since 1981-82, when they were relegated to Serie B.

sadkansas.gif
Wow really? I remember them being the scariest team in europe in the late 80s early 90s when I was a kid, way to bounce back.

edit-

lunchbox is great indeed

Dibbz

I think possession for possession's sake creates a mind numbingly boring football match.

But when it was 'new', it wasn't like that. Somewhere along the line Barcelona changed.

Possession with no end product is what I associate Swansea with not Barcelona. You guys make it sound like Barca just pass the ball along the back four until the opposition gets tired. When in reality Barca totally batter their opposition into submission (minus Bayern) through quick passing, stretching play, overlaps all over field.

Just because they pass it around doesn't mean they are tippy tapping around doing fuck all.

Wilbur

Banned
Possession with no end product is what I associate Swansea with not Barcelona. You guys make it sound like Barca just pass the ball along the back four until the opposition gets tired. When in reality Barca totally batter their opposition into submission (minus Bayern) through quick passing, stretching play, overlaps all over field.

Just because they pass it around doesn't mean they are tippy tapping around doing fuck all.

A lot of it isn't quick passing though. I'm not arguing it isn't effective. It makes for boring viewing, which is what the original question was.

L1NETT

If we're watching Stoke I'm having so many fucking jagerbombs

Since moving to brum, main thing I've noticed is how much cheaper those little beauties are. Need a loan to go out in London.

And I'm back in London (Ish) on the 13th of December. Do it around then and I'll be up for it. If I'm invited of course.

bud

i love them. thinking about it now, i suppose the first one feels more stagey than the other two, but it doesn't really bother me that much. best first kiss ever.

it broke my heart when she told him in sunset that it was in fact her whom he had seen while in the limo on his way to his wedding

Still need to watch them.

Anyone seen Days of Being Wild/In the Mood for Love/2046?

in the mood for love is one of the most beautiful films i've ever seen. it'd be #1 2013 film if we'd do a non-2013 films you've seen in 2013 list.

i saw days of being wild a few months ago and it was decent enough on it's own. i was quite disappointed watching it after itmfl, but then again, it was nearly impossible to live up to it.

arkon

Everyone should listed to the 'How Did This Get Made?' podcasts. They talk about really terrible movies and point out all their flaws. Funny stuff.

Yeah. It's good stuff. I especially love some of the ones they've recorded in front of a live audience. Jason Mantzoukas is hilarious.

Dibbz

A lot of it isn't quick passing though. I'm not arguing it isn't effective. It makes for boring viewing, which is what the original question was.

It is when it needs to be. In and around the box, some of the quickest passing you will see consistently is from Barca.

GorillaJu

I'm not a big fan of Wong Kar Wai, personally. In the Mood for Love isn't a bad flick, but all the other Wong Kar Wai movies I've seen have
been all style little substance.

Top Bottom