• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

I don't use facebook, am I doing something wrong?

Feels like every HR at a job want to sniff on your social media and always ask for your facebook account.

Wilbur

Banned
Qualified for the World Cup yesssssssssss.

Beat Kazakhstan 3-1 away, then Sweden 2-1 at home, then Austria 1-0 away. Lost to Germany 3-1 away so needed Sweden to draw or lose at home against Austria, 2-1 to Alaba FC.

Got Croatia in the play-offs, was 3-0 down away at half time, went ballistic at them and we scored a last minute equaliser. Won 2-0 in the home leg. I am praised around the world.

Uruguay, Mexico and Tunisia in my group. We can do it #ireland2014

bud

i would go deep inside shappi khorsandi. not really familiar with her work and that of other female comedians, though. i remember that millican lady from the one or two times she was on graham norton and her jokes were basically about how fat she is.

GT6 will have "Astronomical Simulation System"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnseeO_HUk

The attention to detail is absolutely insane.

polyphony's trailers are magnificent.

Wilbur

Banned
I tend to have powerful sexual feelings about female comedians unless they actually knock around on the utter perimeter of species definition.

For her, nothing.

please define ur feelings for Gina Yashere

Bud's right though, Shappi would be victim to my ruthless cunnilingus method 'the Red Arrow'

Wilbur

Banned
Google image search is no way to become familiar with a lady

christ alive I'm not a pervert

Sally Phillips gives me tremors

I wish she'd pulled whatever was in Partridge's drawer out, and just put it somewhere upon her body

prfrbly her mini

Never did like Smack the Pony

i'll bend ur mum mate

image.php

GorillaJu

FM is so fucking deep. No wonder I gave up before ever finishing a season the last two years. Derby is really skint. Need that promotion money!

GorillaJu

Malky Mackay has to be first on any list of potential sackings – or an Ian Holloway-style "I've had enough of this shit."

I could see Martin Jol making it to the end of the season because what else is Fulham going to do? They'll survive because they have too many good players to be relegated. They won't win anything but they aren't expected to. They might want to change things up but it seems silly to do so mid-season. The player recruitment at Fulham is the problem, not the management, IMO.

Newcastle's draw with Liverpool and win over Chelsea should give Pardew some good will at least for a while. Remy has made a big difference for them and now that Cabaye is back and playing they'll be getting much better results over the rest of the season. I think Pards will stick it out barring any fall-out with Mike Ashley.

Rodgers should definitely survive the season at Liverpool. The owners are probably in a positive mind set after the Red Sox won the WS in the States and I hope this will push them to make positive investment in the winter, which, to be fair they've done every season since taking over.

The fact that Sunderland look dead in the water will probably give lower table managers some relief.

Spurs, Everton, Swansea and Arsenal have stability, Southampton's owner is a nutcase but Pochettino is doing great work so no chance of him losing his job. Villa have dropped off a bit but are still doing fine. The two Manchester clubs will want to give their new managers at least a full season.

My bets are Big Sam for playing absolutely dire football, Chris Houghton for Norwich's downward spiral and Malky Mackay for batshit owner.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck yes.

pre WC friendlies, away at Colombia (1-1), away at USA (0-0) and away at Egypt (2-0).

Then the real shit begins. Uruguay in the first game. Suarez, Ramirez, Cavani and Forlan all start.

Westwood; Coleman, Pearce, Clark, O'Brien; Gibson, Quinn, McCarthy; McGeady, Keane, Brady

the heroes that won 1-0

IM GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP

FootballFan

I'm not arguing that Fabregas should play Xavi's role; rather that the role Xavi plays is unnecessary against the majority of La Liga and so he should be rested for more games.

lol...

Fabregas can suck a fat one, out of form "9/10 bad games" Xavi shits on Fabregas at his best.

FootballFan

I've never enjoyed watching this era of Barca really. There's exceptions - and I should say that the 2008/09 Barca were a fucking good side to watch. And a few times, like the 5-0 Madrid game, it's been absolutely incredible. The amount of times I gasped and chuckled and laughed and said wow watching that match was just nuts, because I couldn't believe the audacity of the things they were doing in the world's biggest match.

For the most part though, they're an absolute chore to watch. They don't like when things go their own way so start harassing referees even more so than most big clubs do, there's a lot of play acting, their games can devolve into the most turgid stuff imaginable. That's not all on Barca, that's teams reacting to them so I get that. But its most Barca games; I could watch Betis defend for their lives against Barca in a boring match and then have a fun one against Villarreal the next week. Most Barca games follow the same pattern.

LOL

Do you even watch Barca, ever?

Type of comment I expect to read on youtube.

Lightning

Banned
lol...

Fabregas can suck a fat one, out of form "9/10 bad games" Xavi shits on Fabregas at his best.
Lol just LOL.

Xavi's past it. His best days are gone and in Cesc you have one of the best midfielders on the planet yet you want to waste it on Xavi? It's a shame Barca never got to see the Cesc of Arsenal.

FootballFan

Possession with no end product is what I associate Swansea with not Barcelona. You guys make it sound like Barca just pass the ball along the back four until the opposition gets tired. When in reality Barca totally batter their opposition into submission (minus Bayern) through quick passing, stretching play, overlaps all over field.

Just because they pass it around doesn't mean they are tippy tapping around doing fuck all.

Wow someone that either

A) Watches Barca
or
B) Knows what he is talking about.

I always heard jealousy is bad for you, but never knew it caused blindness.

FootballFan

You've become a genuinely boring poster. Shame.

I am not trying to entertain you or anyone, you are simply wrong lol.

Watch Barca when Cesc plays then watch when Xavi plays. Even if Cesc is a better player, which he isn't, we play much better with Xavi(who is in decline).

The ref surrounding stuff and complaining about possession is just bullcrap. Especially the possession/boring football.

You cheer for Inter and teams that park the bus because "It gets the result! nothing else matters!" but when Barca plays boring and gets results, they can get fucked and are killing football lol.

Barca's so bad and boring that massive clubs filthy rich clubs like Inter, Chelsea, Man Utd, Real Madrid(with the greatest coach of all time), are forced to play like Stoke under Pulis. Give at least some credit dude. Just sometimes.

Wilbur

Banned
Watch Barca when Cesc plays then watch when Xavi plays. Even if Cesc is a better player, which he isn't, we play much better with Xavi(who is in decline).

I didn't say he was a better player. But Barca are good enough individually and collectively not to need Xavi against the majority of teams, so it's a tad dispiriting when someone as good as Fabregas is shunted out wide, made to play up front or sit on the bench when there's just no need for Xavi to play (and sometimes he is poor. I've seen Xavi a fair few times this season, and he was poor last season too).

The ref surrounding stuff and complaining about possession is just bullcrap. Especially the possession/boring football.

You cheer for Inter and teams that park the bus "It gets the result! nothing else matters!" but when Barca plays boring and gets results, they can get fucked and are killing football lol.

How so? Why isn't death by possession boring?

I never said parking the bus wasn't boring. It is. The difference is that when a team parks the bus, fucking moronic aesthetes like 95 percent of Barcelona fans deem it an inappropriate way of playing football and cunts like the aforementioned Xavi comes out with bullshit like "we played the right way". The team that parks the bus doesn't argue that their way is the right way or the wrong way. They just play it.

The reason Barca can get fucked is because their sanctimonious attitude legitimately fucks me off in a sport where some of the greatest pleasures to be had are when a giant's taken down. And hardly ever do they take it on the chin. They fucking whine during the game and after the game. The last fee Clasicos when Madrid have had advantage, you know how utterly infuriating it is for me to see the histrionics from a team like Barcelona who pride themselves on their ability to pass it around until they get the breakthrough? If so, if they consider themselves so fucking virtuous compared to the rest of the footballing world, why don't they just do it instead of acting like a bunch of spoilt brats?

"The ref stuff is bullcrap", come on man. Are you serious?

You're the biased one here, baby.

FootballFan

I didn't say he was a better player. But Barca are good enough individually and collectively not to need Xavi against the majority of teams, so it's a tad dispiriting when someone as good as Fabregas is shunted out wide, made to play up front or sit on the bench when there's just no need for Xavi to play (and sometimes he is poor. I've seen Xavi a fair few times this season, and he was poor last season too).

As I said in the brackets, Xavi is in decline. But the team is still much better with him. Nothing else matters. Boohoo, Cesc doesn't get to play, hand in a transfer request or be quiet like Mascherano and earn your spot.

The team comes first, as does the result. Cesc cost us 2 points vs Osasuna just a few weeks ago. If he wants to start over Xavi, I shouldn't be saying that. Xavi may be poor now and I can easily admit that, but if I saw the starting line up vs Milan without Xavi I'd be disappointed. The team still uses passing to win matches and he is a massive massive part of it.

How so? Why isn't death by possession boring?

I never said parking the bus wasn't boring. It is. The difference is that when a team parks the bus, fucking moronic aesthetes like 95 percent of Barcelona fans deem it an inappropriate way of playing football and cunts like the aforementioned Xavi comes out with bullshit like "we played the right way". The team that parks the bus doesn't argue that their way is the right way or the wrong way. They just play it.

The reason Barca can get fucked is because their sanctimonious attitude legitimately fucks me off in a sport where some of the greatest pleasures to be had are when a giant's taken down. And hardly ever do they take it on the chin. They fucking whine during the game and after the game. The last fee Clasicos when Madrid have had advantage, you know how utterly infuriating it is for me to see the histrionics from a team like Barcelona who pride themselves on their ability to pass it around until they get the breakthrough? If so, if they consider themselves so fucking virtuous compared to the rest of the footballing world, why don't they just do it instead of acting like a bunch of spoilt brats?

"The ref stuff is bullcrap", come on man. Are you serious?

You're the biased one here, baby.

Don't watch Barca(which you don't it seems imo) if they're that boring to you.

Who cares what Xavi says? How does that change anything, he lost and is bitter. Oh well. Xavi thinks it's the right way, is he a bell-end? Maybe. It's his opinion, he doesn't represent the club and you shouldn't care so much about what he says 2 minutes after a massive semifinal when he is still angry and overreacting. Just like how Mourinho says Unicef get Barca referee favours. Let's whine about that every time we mention Mourinho.

What do you want Barca to do? They don't know how to play a different way, that sucks, but 98.5% of the time, that first tactic gets them the win. If long balls aren't working for a 3rd division team in a cup match vs Man Utd, you want them to just start playing Tiki Taka and pass ManUtd off the field? Impossible, they don't know how. Same thing.

And yes, the ref stuff is bullcrap.

Top Bottom