• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Lol just LOL.

Xavi's past it. His best days are gone and in Cesc you have one of the best midfielders on the planet yet you want to waste it on Xavi? It's a shame Barca never got to see the Cesc of Arsenal.

Even in decline, Xavi is the better midfielder. I still think Barca made a big mistake selling Thiago. Either they'll need to bring in or develop someone new to replace Xavi when he retires or they'll need to change their system if they want to build the midfield around Cesc.

FootballFan

Vulva pls, I am chill, it's just annoying. No offence to you wilbs, it just reads like youtube comments which say shit like "Busquets does nothing but dive, so overrated, omg can't believe he has higher rating than Khedira in FIFA".

Xavi is indeed worse, but not half as bad as he makes out and definitely not bad enough to have Cesc replace him. And the ref surrounding and stuff is bullcrap because it's more boring than tiki taka. I can find gifs/pics of ManUtd surrounding refs, Valencia/Nani/Young etc diving, I can find comments from SAF post match sounding like a bitch etc. but it's all so darn boring.

And see Tim The Wiz' comment right above, it's accurate. Thiago = better Xavi than Cesc. Thiago pls return.

Well, the tactic of economically choking the fuck out of their competitors lays some heavy fucken groundwork.

Yep, and you rarely, if at all, will find a Barca fan who likes that system.

Baca is more den club, manyoo is devil cluib.

GorillaJu

Vulva pls, I am chill, it's just annoying. No offence to you wilbs, it just reads like youtube comments which say shit like "Busquets does nothing but dive, so overrated, omg can't believe he has higher rating than Khedira in FIFA".

Xavi is indeed worse, but not half as bad as he makes out and definitely not bad enough to have Cesc replace him. And the ref surrounding and stuff is bullcrap because it's more boring than tiki taka. I can find gifs/pics of ManUtd surrounding refs, Valencia/Nani/Young etc diving, I can find comments from SAF post match sounding like a bitch etc. but it's all so darn boring.

And see Tim The Wiz' comment right above, it's accurate. Thiago = better Xavi than Cesc. Thiago pls return.

Yep, and you rarely, if at all, will find a Barca fan who likes that system.

Baca is more den club, manyoo is devil cluib.

It's not like that at all, it's more like you just lump everyone's posts into the same block of "something bad said about Barca" and come out with your "that's impossible because Barca can do no wrong" defense. We gush on this forum constantly about Iniesta and Busquets. Wilbur especially.

FootballFan

w5TNMnd.jpg

6K62fcJ.jpg

Didn't realise Nemeth scored a winner against PSV. Really happy for him, untl this season it looked like his injuries might have ruined his chances of playing anywhere near the top level.

Pacheco's career seems to be spiralling down and down. Even considering the inevitable stagnation from leaving him in the reserves for so long when he was clearly too good for them, he should have enough talent to be doing better than he is :s

pulga

Banned
It just got pathetic in here hahahaha

ITT, FootballFan fails to realize the problem isn't that Barca crowd the ref, as every fucking team has done it at some point, but the astonishingly high rate Barca's players get their knickers in a bunch and crowd the poor bastard

Lightning

Banned
FF does well considering he hardly gets any support when defending Barca. G-Unit, Error and co are hardly around for back up yet he still goes hard.

If only he would stop his Cesc bashing. It's painful.

confuziz

Banned
Didn't realise Nemeth scored a winner against PSV. Really happy for him, untl this season it looked like his injuries might have ruined his chances of playing anywhere near the top level.

Anyone and their mom can score a winner against PSV these days. That doesn't mean anything.

FootballFan

It's not like that at all, it's more like you just lump everyone's posts into the same block of "something bad said about Barca" and come out with your "that's impossible because Barca can do no wrong" defense. We gush on this forum constantly about Iniesta and Busquets. Wilbur especially.

lol Barca do heaps of shit wrong, and I agree/admit it when it's true. Stealing money from other La Liga clubs. Alves and Alba are divers. Xavi talks shit. Messi is a dictator and never tracks back. The players surround the ref. etc. etc.

You misunderstood me.

Tell me Barca does any of those things, and I will say yes, they do. But tell me Cesc needs to replace Xavi and that Xavi is shit now, cries to the media after every loss etc. and I will correct you, like Lightning says, not many Barca fans here to correct those that watch/keep up to date with Barca less.

FF does well considering he hardly gets any support when defending Barca. G-Unit, Error and co are hardly around for back up yet he still goes hard.

If only he would stop his Cesc bashing. It's painful.

I can't Lightning, if only you knew how happy I was when he signed. I made my email address for my psn using his name and number.

It's just that he has been so disappointing performance wise, compared to what everyone saw at Arsenal. As I have said billions of times, he scores and assists but he is a ghost on the field. He can't control a match like a declining Xavi does, not even close. His passing is not as good as the other 3 starting mids and you can tell easy.

Don't hate me, I want to like cesc, but he won't make it happen.

Milan are off to their worst start since 1981-82, when they were relegated to Serie B.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2398543/sadkansas.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
We got this. After the international break, though.

Now that I think about it, we can't lose during that weekend. That's awesome!
[quote="Linius, post: 88638728"]Milan got relegated that recently? I had no idea.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, twice in three years. 1979/1980 we were relegated after a match fixing scandal (the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totonero_1980"]Totonero[/URL]), we got back to Serie A the year after (we won the Serie B in 1980/1981) only to be relegated for the second time in the 1981/1982 season. Again, we got back to the Serie A a year later, we haven't been in the serie B since that year.

We also had three different presidents in those years, and it was our lowest point ever until Berlusconi bought us.

Ajax single handedly ruin half of the CL nights. I don't want to watch their shitty games when there's better stuff

Ajax - Celtic over Dortmund - Arsenal or Barca - Milol? Oh please.

Suen

Do you guys agree with Klopp about the Barcelona football style? I do.

It's kind of like with wine, there are super-expensive wines and reviewers say they're amazing, etc. So people has to agree or they will look stupid, but we all know inside those wines are kind of bad.

Terrible analogy, but I think you guys get it. Everyone says Barcelona play amazing football because the whole media made us believe it, maybe it was great the first couple of seasons because it was 'new' but I can't think of a worst football match than watching Barcelona play any other La Liga side. It's soul crushing.

Klopp's Dortmund and Heynckes' Bayern are/were amazing and very fun to watch.

parma are shit
Fuck off.

edit: and Barca plays really beautiful when they want, some things they do are just mindblowing. Their extreme and precise control of the ball is something I believe few teams could pull off with their players. Most of the time you don't get to see this though which makes them boring to watch. I'm looking forward to see what Martino will bring to the table, so far Barca last seaaon was way more boring than Barca this season.

Salazar

Our team is so pussy now.

I don't even want to think about window bollocks.

I just want to hand my thesis in, see a ZahALLAH*+JANUZUUUUUUNNNNGH+RVP led Utd start crunching through the pinata outfits currently riding their luck, and watch Wenger wibble his way into that 4th place groove.

Roasting Arsenal on the weekend will be a good start. An appetiser. Robin should dump Sagna on his ass, lean over his shuddering body, and make him kiss his own shitty badge.

*Moyes genuinely mustn't trust the lad, though.

Bumhead

Banned
I'll be watching whichever the best game is that's not on ITV. Is Dortmund Arsenal on Sky?

Thinking of putting a bet on. I think Arsenal are the real deal this season but Dortmund should still be too strong at home, right?

GorillaJu

I'm like employee of the year here. I'm big in Japan bitches.

The “AAA” ranking denotes that your overall performance this contract exceeds the company’s expectations. Your combined performance in the classroom and school community, and your work with the company, is exemplary and a model for others. We sincerely appreciate your professionalism, positive attitude and dedication.

Top Bottom