• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan will start climbing spots now. Watch it happen.

By the way, since we're supposed to get creepy avatars, I changed mine to this creepy motherfucker. Like it?

Alright I'll switch to this one later

Orr7Lvv.png

With the new consoles looming ever closer, I thought I would make a list of people in FootyGAF who are going into next-gen and who's getting what day 1.

Also you can put down what games you guys are getting with the consoles etc.

PS4:
Freewheelin' (Killzone bundle, BF4(?) FIFA 14(?)

Xbox One:
PC

Whatever Quiche's getting.

Lightning

Banned
So Juve lost and Spurs won? Hmm crappy start to the day.

Maybe Spurs and Arsenal can maintain their form and one of United/City/Chelsea can drop into the Europa league.

Linius

99% sure I'm getting PS4. But not on release. Some time next year. Maybe when the summer holiday starts. Hopefully there are some good games by then. I wanna make sure I make it trough this year of Uni okay. Then party in Spain and play next gen will feel really good.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal's next 5 games:

Crystal Palace (a)
Liverpool (h)
United (a)
Southampton (h)
Cardiff (a)

Interesting set of games that will see what we're made off.

Salvadora

Arsenal's next 5 games:

Crystal Palace (a)
Liverpool (h)
United (a)
Southampton (h)
Cardiff (a)

We should be looking at picking up a minimum of 10 points from those fixtures.

Hope to see: 3 from Palace, 1 from Liverpool, 3 from United, 1 from Southampton and 3 from Cardiff.

First Juve game this season I don't watch and this happens. Cunte better sort this shit out before Wednesday :(

Was it kinda like the Samp match last year? Total control and then a sudden blackout out of nowhere?

rodvik

Btw, Tonev looked very good -- they looked MUCH more dangerous with him on. That may have been a product of their bombing forward in general but he seemed quite sprightly.

Yeah , I like him. He has had some awful shots on goal but every time he plays I think he is exciting and will "click" at some point.

Lightning

Banned
We should be looking at picking up a minimum of 10 points from those fixtures.

Hope to see: 3 from Palace, 1 from Liverpool, 3 from United, 1 from Southampton and 3 from Cardiff.
We should be looking to smash both Liverpool and Southampton. They are home teams and our midfield is vastly superior to both them clubs, we should be able to break them down and score.

Southampton were lucky United were wasteful, unless we don't take our chances we will beat Southampton. The United game is the worry.

Messi

Put me down for PS4 and X1.

My name on both is RemyWilde. I wanna play more with you guys as no one I know around here is getting the PS4. They are all getting X1s

Salvadora

We should be looking to smash both Liverpool and Southampton. They are home teams and our midfield is vastly superior to both them clubs, we should be able to break them down and score.

Southampton were lucky United were wasteful, unless we don't take our chances we will beat Southampton. The United game is the worry.
I'm being a tad pessimistic by factoring in fatigue from the surrounding fixtures, injuries and the such.

Both Southampton and Liverpool are good teams, so I wouldn't moan about dropped points against them too much.

Arnie

We've got:

West Brom (h)
Arsenal (a)
Fulham (h)
Everton (a)
Hull (a)

We lost twice to West Brom last season, so a win against them would be great for confidence. They could well be another bogey team for us, like Southampton, that Rodgers just can't handle. But I reckon 3 points.

Arsenal will be tough. Really tough. Especially at the Emirates. Anything from that game would be great, but we'll have to show more than we have so far this season. We've scraped through against disjointed mid-table teams like Stoke, Villa, and United. We'll go 3-5-2 and grab a lucky point.

We'll beat Fulham.

Tough match at Goodison. Although in the past we've struggled with their intensity and pressure, something that's dissipated slightly this season. I think we'll cope far better with Martinez's shiti taka than the slug's UP N AT EM long ball elbow fuckathon. Still, it's Everton, and they're lucky cunts, so A DRAW.

Should beat Hull. Probably bottle it and draw with em. One point.

That's 9 points from 15. I reckon that's fairly realistic, even if the points don't fall exactly as I've predicted. Also tallies with our general ability to scrape results but never overwhelm anybody or anything.

Arsenal will be tough. Really tough. Especially at the Emirates. Anything from that game would be great, but we'll have to show more than we have so far this season. We've scraped through against disjointed mid-table teams like Stoke, Villa, and United. We'll go 3-5-2 and grab a lucky point.
I'm really enjoying this.

Arsenal's next 5 games:

Crystal Palace (a)
Liverpool (h)
United (a)
Southampton (h)
Cardiff (a)

Expecting maximum points from Southampton Palace and Liverpool.

Untied and Cardiff will be tough. These mid table sides like a scrap.

Kassu

Banned
Well despite my early depression, this weekend actually wasn't so bad as I expected. Talked with my girlfriend and she actually wants to be with me so at least that issue is sorted out.

Also that Norwich game was great, I expected us to fail somehow since our match against West Brom before break was really poor from us. Good to see that our team is motivated to improve things, even though we still had some problems against Norwich on the first half.

Arsenal's next 5 games:

Crystal Palace (a)
Liverpool (h)
United (a)
Southampton (h)
Cardiff (a)

I expect us to win all except the match against Liverpool. Southampton is also really good this season, but I don't think they will get points from us at Emirates. United is a joke, I'm more scared of Cardiff than them since Cardiff actually won against City.

jtb

Banned
despite all the greatly exaggerated reports of United's death, I would be very wary of going to Old Trafford. We have an absolutely terrible record there. I'd feel optimistic of getting a result, but no way would I simply expect three points.

Now, Liverpool on the other hand...

I'm not going to write off United this easily. I reckon they'll try to give everything they've got.

We're also playing Dortmund and Chelsea the week before the manchester match. It's not going to be easy.

:lol at some of these Arsenal fans expecting a win at Old Trafford. Recent form (i.e. last couple of months) suggest you have decent chance. Last win there was like 7-8 years ago.

despite all the greatly exaggerated reports of United's death, I would be very wary of going to Old Trafford. We have an absolutely terrible record there. I'd feel optimistic of getting a result, but no way would I simply expect three points.

Now, Liverpool on the other hand...

This is a reasoned view.

Salvadora

:lol at some of these Arsenal fans expecting a win at Old Trafford. Recent form suggest you have decent chance. Last win there was like 7-8 years ago.
I wasn't being completely serious.

It will be hard fought and we'll be lucky to come away with a point, probably. Although to be fair, past history won't be anywhere near as applicable due to their managerial change. Ferguson was a man to be feared, David Moyes isn't.

I like the optimism but
ICL 22-10-2013 Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund
EPL 26-10-2013 Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
ECC 29-10-2013 Arsenal vs Chelsea
EPL 02-11-2013 Arsenal vs Liverpool
ICL 06-11-2013 Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal
EPL 10-11-2013 Manchester United vs Arsenal

That's a lot of tough fixtures

Salvadora

I like the optimism but
ICL 22-10-2013 Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund
EPL 26-10-2013 Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
ECC 29-10-2013 Arsenal vs Chelsea
EPL 02-11-2013 Arsenal vs Liverpool
ICL 06-11-2013 Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal
EPL 10-11-2013 Manchester United vs Arsenal

That's a lot of tough fixtures
Definitely, although we'll have some of our injured players back which will help some. We have 6 points in our Champions League group which we lead by 3. A win against Dortmund in one of the two matches would almost assuredly lead to our qualification, which would allow us to refocus to the league before we play United.

Walcott hasn't had a new setback by the way, just new quotes from Wenger about it.

Top Bottom