• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Arnie chose the wrong game
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Suso almost got an assist from a good fk

Zabojnik

Just saw the highlights, Buffon was so bad today, the second goal was basically a gift from him. Also, there's no need to be upset. Juve is going to win the Scudetto this year, Roma will implode in November, mark my words. And Napoli still has Benitez, which might be an added bonus from time to time, but he fucks up things like Allegri does. They'll get to the CL (just like Roma) but I still don't think they'll win the Scudetto. Maybe next year if they keep up with this team and add a few players here and there.

That's what they were saying about us in Conte's first season, but yeah, I don't see them keeping up this tempo for more than 6 months. Buffon has been pretty terrible this season so far, not just with us, but with Italy as well. Love him to bits, but if he's not up to it anymore, he should retire.

Saw them on Sky, sorry.
That's what they were saying about us in Conte's first season, but yeah, I don't see them keeping up this tempo for more than 6 months. Buffon has been pretty terrible this season so far, not just with us, but with Italy as well. Love him to bits, but if he's not up to it anymore, he should retire.
I think that the difference between that first year with Conte and this Roma side is that Conte already had a few players used to play at a certain level, when we won the Scudetto the year before Juve was in the top three of the Serie A until January iirc, so they already had at least one year at the top. Then everything went to hell, but that's another thing.
Roma will do really well, the top three this year will be Juve-Napoli-Roma, no question about it. They just are far from being first place material, imho.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Whoever threw that flare should be banned for life. Why do people do it FFS.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte <3

&#8220;I think the game was practically closed. We were in control in every way, even in the second half and had some more great chances to add to our tally,&#8221; the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

&#8220;Then something strange and unthinkable happened. We lost a match that we had been dominating.

&#8220;How do we explain it? An explanation would be easy! In 10 minutes we destroyed all the hard work, both during and before the game. We managed to allow Fiorentina back into it and concede odd goals.

&#8220;This is football. We have to take these 10 nightmare minutes and learn from them. I continue to say this year will be very, very difficult.

&#8220;In these 10 minutes we did everything to help Fiorentina get back into the match, more than they had been at any stage. There are huge regrets.

&#8220;We struggled more last season and got a draw, whereas this time until the 70th minute it was all Juventus. This is football, nothing can be taken for granted.&#8221;

Conte brushed off suggestions Juve were lacking concentration ahead of the Champions League clash with Real Madrid on Wednesday.

&#8220;This was an important game in a fiery atmosphere, so we could not be distracted by Real Madrid. We were in the match from the start and only went wrong in those 10 minutes.

&#8220;It has happened a few times this season that we&#8217;ve conceded chaotic goals. We have to work on it. That is all.&#8221;

Tc91

Spurs-GAF: Is Eriksen a bit injured or has he just lost his place? Was already thinking of axing him from FPL.

I thought he made a good start to his Spurs career but I guess AVB doesn't know what his first team is right now after buying so many players.

Even Dembele is on the bench. We'll take him.

Ushojax

Got to get Dembele on, either Paulinho or Holtby off. We are not getting anywhere in midfield.

Really sloppy so far.

I thought he made a good start to his Spurs career but I guess AVB doesn't know what his first team is right now after buying so many players.

AVB said he deliberately avoided picking players who'd played international football. Eriksen was also gash against West Ham so Holtby deserved a shot. If we get Dembele on ASAP we can get this done and dusted.

jesalr

Spurs-GAF: Is Eriksen a bit injured or has he just lost his place? Was already thinking of axing him from FPL.

Played both games for Denmark, Holtby has been playing well too, so probably best not to play a tired player.

Dembele picked up a knock for Belgium.

GorillaJu

Villa has been winning the battle in midfield so far, Tottenham not able to find any space in the central areas. Delph is a really energetic, physical player and I think his persistence is starting to frustrate Spurs' players.

Dembele on for Holtby could work. Eriksen would probably be better if he's available. Creativity is lacking at the moment for Spurs.

Ushojax

Villa has been winning the battle in midfield so far, Tottenham not able to find any space in the central areas. Delph is a really energetic, physical player and I think his persistence is starting to frustrate Spurs' players.

Dembele on for Holtby could work. Eriksen would probably be better if he's available. Creativity is lacking at the moment for Spurs.

Holtby and Soldado have been OK when we can get him on the ball, we just can't get the ball to them. Maybe Eriksen for Paulinho and move Holtby deeper.

Scum

I'm as pessimistic as ever and going to miss the 2nd half. Time to get some action a'gwan on Batman:AA. Someone send me cheap FM2014 code when you get one. :p

Rio Ferdinand joining the FA commission? Great…!

Should have had Clarke Carlisle on it instead, and they should get Hope Powell on it too.

With the new consoles looming ever closer, I thought I would make a list of people in FootyGAF who are going into next-gen and who's getting what day 1.

Also you can put down what games you guys are getting with the consoles etc.

PS4:
Freewheelin' (Killzone bundle, BF4(?) FIFA 14(?)

Xbox One:

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Next games: Genoa, Catania, Parma, Napoli at home. Livorno, Udinese, Bologna, Sassuolo and Atalanta.

27 out of 27 points or bust.

Fergie

Banned
With the new consoles looming ever closer, I thought I would make a list of people in FootyGAF who are going into next-gen and who's getting what day 1.

PS4:

Fergie (Killzone Bundle, BF4, FIFA, AC4, and some multi-platform games I'll probably consider after reading upon further. Knack(GOTG)

Xbox One:

I'll be getting it in Jan.

PS4:

Fergie (Killzone Bundle, BF4, FIFA, AC4, and some multi-platform games I'll probably consider after reading upon further.

Kipless (BF4, Knack (GoTY), AC4 or Fifa)

Xbox One:

Top Bottom