• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

It all could have been a very different story for the lads though, with Arsenal keen to sign them both up, but the manner in which they approached the Da Silvas put them both off.
“The scout said he was from Arsenal and invited us to come and train,” Rafael said a few years ago. “At that time we had already been to see Manchester United and train once with our club’s permission. But this man wanted to take us to England and say nothing to Fluminense. We disagreed with that principle. Fluminense was where we started, we had been there for years and they looked after us.”
Fabio was just as unimpressed with Arsenal’s tapping up and was just as keen to honour the agreement to sign for United.
“It was upsetting,” he said. “We could have signed there and then and taken all the money and Fluminense would have got nothing. But our mother said ‘No, Fluminense have been good to you. You went there when you were 11. I want you to do everything right’. So we said we would sign for Manchester as it would be the best thing for us and Fluminense. So we signed and ignored the man pushing Arsenal.”

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/da-silva-boys/

Aaron Ramsey

Official Ramsey song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0F1ufKCuV8

Meier

John Guidetti will miraculously be ready to play in time for the playoff and will seal the winner to push Sweden through.

Splatt

Definitely Ibra.

iErzAiJm03mRN.gif

Meier

Cool, Tim Howard is going to be the color commentator for the City v Chelsea game this weekend.

US Men’s National Team and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard will be the co-commentator of NBCSN’s match this weekend between Chelsea and Manchester City, which will be televised live on US television this Sunday at Noon ET.

Howard will be in the booth at Stamford Bridge alongside commentator Arlo White, one day after Everton plays Aston Villa in the Premier League.

“It is the first time we will have an active player in our announce booth,” said NBC Sports Group coordinating producer Pierre Moossa. “He has recently played against both Chelsea and Manchester City and will provide the viewer with a very unique perspective on not only the game but what it is like to face these current squads on the pitch.”

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/10/...-chelsea-manchester-city-on-sunday-on-nbcsn/?

Does anyone else ever wake up and feel for a few seconds like its the weekend, before doing the mental arithmatic to remember that you've actually got work?

Feels bad, man :(

Would be funny to see Portugal fail to make it, but they'd be more fun to watch than Sweden I think. France can definitely fuck off though

Just finished GTAV. Really loved this game. I completed 25% of GTA4 but it never got me hooked. For those who have completed both, how does GTAV hold up to 4???

lol @ Blaburn standard response when he got nothing: "I don't know which team you support but..."

as joyous as a german soldier during D-Day.

omgkitty

I know I bitch about this every time, but this time it's fucking ridiculous. Once again Fox in the US is showing Barcelona vs AC Milan and FUCKING AJAX VS CELTIC!!!!! WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT AJAX VS CELTIC???? Oh I'm so fucking mad!!!

I know I bitch about this every time, but this time it's fucking ridiculous. Once again Fox in the US is showing Barcelona vs AC Milan and FUCKING AJAX VS CELTIC!!!!! WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT AJAX VS CELTIC???? Oh I'm so fucking mad!!!

fuckin criminal, especially when Steaua v Basel is on at the same time.

have they shown any Arsenal CL matches there?

omgkitty

fuckin criminal, especially when Steaua v Basel is on at the same time.

have they shown any Arsenal CL matches there?

No they haven't. Every single game has been group H on that matchday. It's bullshit too because those have easily been some of the most boring matches in the group stages so far. I'm so mad. I thought for sure they'd show Arsenal vs Dortmund.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SKY: Vidal will make the Real Madrid match - tests showed that he only suffered from a bruise.

tumblr_muyzrcCzqn1s8z5rho3_250.gif

Oh man what a shame about the result, our goal celebrations was some fucking epic trolling.
KuGsj.gif

No they haven't. Every single game has been group H on that matchday. It's bullshit too because those have easily been some of the most boring matches in the group stages so far. I'm so mad. I thought for sure they'd show Arsenal vs Dortmund.

well, you know what to do. sit on the box with the VIP.

the other way around actually.

;)

Top Bottom