• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

I say this as a Spurs fan:

Arsenal have been very impressive this season. Just really good quality football.

That said my brother told me a fact the other day (and I assume he's right) that if you take the fixtures that they've played so far this season, they actually had more points from them last season. Spurs are the only good team they've played and they "only" won 1-0 in a tight game. It was at home and we were - still are, of course - gelling as half a new team. I'm looking forward to them facing some challenges, but if they continue to play like this all season, they could be genuine title contenders let alone scrapping for 4th with us.

Fergie

Banned
To be honest, I meant a lurker of the forum. I only viewed the gaming section, I kind of assumed (badly) that a gaming forum wouldn't have too many football followers barring the odd FIFA/PES player. Thought it was a mostly american site. :)

Thanks again for the welcomes. Btw, off-topic but is there a newbie thread on how to avoid bans... I see at least one banned person per thread and their post history doesn't offer much in the way of clues. Is everyone walking on eggshells here? As I see lots swearing which I was careful of at first, now thinking its safe to a degree. haha going to take a bit to adapt and survive I guess.

Well I completely forgot Roy Keane would be doing the CL tonight. Awesome instant response to the revelations about him. Would of tuned in earlier but try to avoid ITV pundits like the plague, awful bunch.
Swearing is fine to a degree, as long as it isn't to a member. Also check out the FAQ. Be careful of the Gaming OT, graveyard central.

Marc

Thanks for the tips on bans, I am pretty good at keeping my calm these days. Although I lost my shit over the MS DRM fiasco, so lucky I missed that.

Am I the only one who thinks Hummels is a bit shit? The German Vermaelen.

Personally think he is fantastic although he has brain farts too often, but a CB playing this kind of high level football at his age... its understandable. When he is in his prime he will be a a great CB.

I can see Germany winning the world cup, overloaded with talent. I look on in envy.

Atticus Forrest - Short answer, just England... on an unrelated note I suffer from violent depression. Long answer is earlier in the thread. :)

The problem Arsenal are going to have now conceding the first goal is this plays perfectly into Dortmunds hands who can hit them on the break.

Wilshere down, touched a blade of grass. *shocked*

Our scouting department is amazing.

Shame our negotiators are shit.

Must be pretty hard convincing players who are either wanted by Dortmund, or already in Atletico's first 11, to come to a team who couldn't even qualify for the Europa League :(

Thankfully both positions are sufficiently filled (assuming Coutinho gets back to his prior form). If I'd got my hopes up for a brilliant left back or winger, I'd be disconsolate

Top Bottom