• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

Sadio Mané: "This is the worst season of my career. I have to admit it. If you ask me what is wrong I will struggle to give you an answer. Personally I don’t know. I have always tried to be positive, whether things are going well or badly."

"We don't know" is not good enough answer for the fans.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano]Gigi Buffon announces to Bein Sports: “I’ve decided to leave Juventus at the end of the season, I’m not extending the contract”. ⚪⚫️ #Buffon #Juventus

To where though?

Banjo64

cumsessed
From the BBC :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

City's most-used XI this season could ultimately cost £499.8m, while Manchester United's equivalent figure is £504.2m

mekes

From the BBC :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

City's most-used XI this season could ultimately cost £499.8m, while Manchester United's equivalent figure is £504.2m

Oh man, I get it and it's a valid point. But its something United fans arent happy about. We know we over pay and choose poorly. United defo need more football people and less bankers making the football decisions 😭

DKehoe

Oh man, I get it and it's a valid point. But its something United fans arent happy about. We know we over pay and choose poorly. United defo need more football people and less bankers making the football decisions 😭
I'm curious to see what the appointments of Murtough and Fletcher do for United's approach in that area. The restructure they did hopefully puts more influence in the hands of people who are a bit more savvy football wise rather than a bunch of bankers.

Prison Mike

Banned
Then I understand why you would welcome the blood money.
taste GIF

GonSama

Wasn't expecting this...
After an awful season and our rivals spending like crazy (Benfica spent between 100/110M) this is just fantastic.

Please comeback :D

All Portugal is covered in green!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

Wasn't expecting this...
After an awful season and our rivals spending like crazy (Benfica spent between 100/110M) this is just fantastic.

When I was a kid Sporting, Porto and Benfica were the ‘big 3’ of Portugal. I was shocked last night to read that this is Sporting’s first title in 19 years.

Dark Rider

Then I understand why you would welcome the blood money.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Manchester City is not my club but I know that Prison Mike Prison Mike is a life long supporter.

Social media gave a platform for so many gems/embarrassment (depending on what side you are on).

Wasn't expecting this...

Congrats mate :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Van Dijk has revealed he has taken the difficult decision to not be available for selection for the Netherlands at this summer’s European Championships, instead adopting a longer-term outlook ahead of a potentially huge 18 months for both club and country.

DKehoe

Van Dijk has revealed he has taken the difficult decision to not be available for selection for the Netherlands at this summer’s European Championships, instead adopting a longer-term outlook ahead of a potentially huge 18 months for both club and country.

It’s a shame for The Netherlands but probably for the best. We’ve seen too many great players cut their careers short, or never quite return to their peak, by trying to rush back from an injury. Better to take the long term approach.

Moomalade74

Banned
Man City winning the title is a bit like nobody winning the title. Everybody knows they cheated their way to the top, none of it counts. I mean, if you are a City supporter you obviously don't give a shit about any of that, and fair enough, knock yourself out. But for every other fan it's like meh.. whatever.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
Man City winning the title is a bit like nobody winning the title. Everybody knows they cheated their way to the top, none of it counts. I mean, if you are a City supporter you obviously don't give a shit about any of that, and fair enough, knock yourself out. But for every other fan it's like meh.. whatever.
Another day another bitter keep on crying.

Dark Rider

It’s a shame for The Netherlands but probably for the best. We’ve seen too many great players cut their careers short, or never quite return to their peak, by trying to rush back from an injury. Better to take the long term approach.

I think the fact that the world cub is so close too played a big factor in his decision.

Not crying mate, if we couldn't win it I'm actually glad you guys won as oppsed to a genuine football club and rival.

Welcome to The Football Thread.
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

DKehoe

I think the fact that the world cub is so close too played a big factor in his decision.
Yeh that's true. Players are on a pretty insane schedule just now going from this season into Euro 2020, then the next season, then into the World Cup. If you're coming back from a serious injury like VVD is then you should make the most of whatever rest you can get. Because players aren't going to be getting much of it anytime soon.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Not crying mate, if we couldn't win it I'm actually glad you guys won as oppsed to a genuine football club and rival.

Mate, I'm honestly happy for you, enjoy your win! Looking like shaping up to be a nail biting end to the season for the final two places in top four.

After years of people not knowing that Manchester has 2 teams, City fans are just happy to be where they are now - no matter how they got there.
Just what I do when something is irrelevant to me; spend my time on an Internet forum typing out posts specifically about it :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do you really think any City fan is going to worry that a pair of deluded irrelevant nobodies on NeoGAF refuse to give us ‘credit’ when we have the best manager in the world, some of the best players in the world and are knocking out record after record? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DKehoe

Yeah strange one that
Supposedly Dechamps doesn’t like that Laporte is quite introverted. But it’s a strange reason to overlook such a talented player. Also, for all the talent that France team have centre back isn’t an area they are totally stacked at. So they could really benefit from having him.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Yeh that's true. Players are on a pretty insane schedule just now going from this season into Euro 2020, then the next season, then into the World Cup. If you're coming back from a serious injury like VVD is then you should make the most of whatever rest you can get. Because players aren't going to be getting much of it anytime soon.

And that is scaring me for the next few seasons. Look at what happened to us with injuries.
This year there is the Euro "2020" and next year there is the World Cup 2022 so 2023 is the first year where the players will get a proper rest but then 2024 it's Euro 2024 again.

Champions League final officially moved to Porto

At least there is some fans, I hope they make the best of it.

Poor Pep, still adapting to life in England

The tweet was deleted so what was it about?

Everytime I see this thread I start to post about the NFL.

Anyway, go ATL UTD!!

Welcome to The Football Thread
I assume that's Atlanta United? :pie_thinking:
And you can most certainly hang around :messenger_beaming:

Supposedly Dechamps doesn’t like that Laporte is quite introverted. But it’s a strange reason to overlook such a talented player. Also, for all the talent that France team have centre back isn’t an area they are totally stacked at. So they could really benefit from having him.

It all depend on how he develop but yes the best move here is to lock him to your own nation and if he mount to nothing you don't lose anything anyway.
So Welcome to the Spanish NT :messenger_beaming:

WTF happened to Schalke?

You just noticed? they were dead the entire season, it was a complete disaster on all levels, including the fans (they hunted down players and assaulted them when they were officially relegated).

Last edited:
Top Bottom