• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

[RMC Sport] Antonio Conte would be interested in coming to PSG this summer if Pochettino leaves, but he has set many conditions, including a salary of 30 million and coming with his own staff.

Dark Rider

Villarreal biggest weakness is their inability to score goals, I don't think they will be able to overturn a two goal deficit especially with Liverpool attack being their best line and expected to score more as Villarreal try to attack to close the gap.

Should be another great game

Both teams will be able to better their defense so I expect less goals than the first leg :pie_thinking:
And the first leg was great for the neutrals maybe but not for the fans :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Dark Rider

Sergio Agüero on Guardiola: “As soon as he arrived at Man City, he told me, ‘You can’t train this way.’ I said, ‘This is the way I’ve always done it. I train my way.’ We had a lot of problems because of this. I didn’t play much when he arrived. He eventually got to terms with my training regime.”

Agüero 1
Pep 0

Dark Rider

Champions League Two-legged semi-finals might be scrapped for a "week of football"

Looking at the proposal and the people behind the proposal I suspect this is their way of trying to ship the competition outside of Europe.
It is not fair to hold the match in either of the competing clubs grounds because it is one off match so let us choose a neutral ground they will say then make an event where states and organizations from all over the world bid on hosting it. Who ever wins the bid will try to commercialize it to hell and back to make profit and you will get a "super bowl" type of event just like the people behind this idea want it (plus more money in their own pockets).

Fans need to put these people out of football positions of power.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] The agreement between Antonio Rüdiger and Real Madrid will be signed in the next few days as expected. New contacts to prepare the paperworks. Deal until June 2026. #RealMadrid No announcement before the end of the current season but… here we go confirmed!

Dark Rider

[Simon Hughes] Jürgen Klopp: the show goes on. Why and how he ended up extending his stay at Liverpool. No pay rise for him but he wasn’t interested in one. The priority was his staff and a commitment to invest in the team. He got both. Joint piece with @David_Ornstein.

All parties are happy with this I'm sure :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Matt Judge has resigned from his position as Manchester United’s head of corporate development. Judge was responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts for Manchester United.

Dark Rider

[Romano]Borussia Dortmund CEO Watzke tells 19:09 Talk: "We gave Erling Haaland a release clause... otherwise he would have gone to Manchester United". #MUFC "He has a decision to make, it will come eventually. But I'm sure we'll find the new Haaland. We need the new Haaland".

Very interesting from Manchester City and Leeds United fans point of view.

JLB

Banned
FRmr-VyXIAAYaVn

35 is here.
Hopefully 14 in a couple of weeks.

Dark Rider

FRmr-VyXIAAYaVn

35 is here.
Hopefully 14 in a couple of weeks.

I'm happy for winning it.
At the same time I'm worried about the timing, we have an uphill game in 4 days and I fear the players celebrate too much or get complacent, we need to win the tie in UCL.

Labadal

It's funny how City and Liverpool are called "currently best in Europe", but Real Madrid is whithout a doubt on their level.

Dark Rider

It's funny how City and Liverpool are called "currently best in Europe", but Real Madrid is whithout a doubt on their level.

Are you following the English media or their affiliates (including the commonwealth in general) specifically?
If you do then that is your answer why. They gaslight their audience every single season about it too, it is nothing new rather their usual shtick basically. And to be clear they don't do this to only Real Madrid, they do it to all clubs that are not playing in the British* premium league.

*calling it British instead of English because some of the Welsh clubs joined.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
I'm happy for winning it.
At the same time I'm worried about the timing, we have an uphill game in 4 days and I fear the players celebrate too much or get complacent, we need to win the tie in UCL.
men, its a league. If I were carletto i would 100% ok if they players go out, got drunk and make a fantastic barbecue on a non sleep fashion.
Team building and sense of pride. For the mancity match they have plenty of time to recover from a hangover.

Dark Rider

men, its a league. If I were carletto i would 100% ok if they players go out, got drunk and make a fantastic barbecue on a non sleep fashion.
Team building and sense of pride. For the mancity match they have plenty of time to recover from a hangover.

They can celebrate for one day and one night only in my humble opinion, they get to fully go all out celebrating if they win ucl.
It is not the hangover I'm worried about, it is the sense that some footballers get of mission accomplished or feeling the season is over or that they have finished their job. I want 200% intensity in the second leg against Manchester City, we are a goal behind so we have to win by two goals or one goal ahead and penalties, Manchester City will be 100% focused and we need to be focused too.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Shame the thread doesn't seem to be so active but wow what a second half by Liverpool. Really putting Villarreal in their place

Last edited:

Labadal

I'm too old for this. My old heart was panicking after their 2-0 goal.

It was good that the players got their act together in the second half.

Dark Rider

Second time Villarreal make it to ucl semi-final, second time they fail to make it to the final.

Maybe you could take a look at the club you grew up supporting Jim?

For the buyers this is an investment, the fans should wonder and consider the new owners and what these new owners would consider as a good return on their investment.

Shame the thread doesn't seem to be so active but wow what a second half by Liverpool. Really putting Villarreal in their place

The thread would benefit from more activity for sure :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
As for Villarreal they made the mistake of staging their come back in the first half giving Liverpool ample time to wake up AND have half time with their manager to reorganize them and set them up properly to retake the game. Liverpool went to the game with the mentality that the tie is done, Villarreal should have staged their come back in the second half to deprive their opponent of any chance to recover.

I'm too old for this. My old heart was panicking after their 2-0 goal.

It was good that the players got their act together in the second half.

Congrats you made it to the final. Now you are 90 minutes away from either winning a ucl title or losing one.
First though we all need to find out the other side for the final (I hope it is us of course :messenger_beaming:).

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] - Carlo Ancelotti: “After this Real Madrid chapter I will probably retire. But if Real wants me to stay here 10 years, I'll stay another 10 years”, tells @AAlciato on @primevideoit. #RealMadrid “National team in the future can be an option. Canada? Why not? I’d like it”.

I don't fully believe him that he's done with club football whenever Real Madrid is done with him.

Dark Rider

Luka Modrić: “We’re lucky? Don’t make me laugh. It’s an unfair opinion. You don’t get to a CL semifinal by being lucky. We’re focusing on our job and not what the media says.”

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Sanders] Mo Salah to BT Sport: “I want to play Real Madrid. I have to be honest. If you’re asking me personally, I want to play Madrid.”

Dark Rider

Emery: We were close to excellence but ran out of steam. We wanted more. Gerard Moreno was in discomfort & couldn't sprint, then we lost our strength. Without Danjuma and Moreno we lost a lot emotionally, in the end we couldn't meet the demands to beat Liverpool. We wanted to play the final".

Secure a European spot for next season then fight to not lose your players in the transfer window.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hey I picked those sides I only go with the most exciting and fun to commentate on. I'm all about having a good game in that first half of the game was what football was all about

JLB

Banned
Thanks god for making me fan of Madrid. We are fucking blessed in this life.

Hey Mo, so you wanted a revenge with our boys? Here we go Paris!

16514152183719.jpg

Top Bottom