• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Prison Mike

Banned
3 goals in 5 minutes. I guess Casemiro's yellow card was the key to understand this night.
Can tell this: You wont understand. You need to be a Madridista.
I'm glad I'm not if the madrista fan is a carbon copy of yourself hope Liverpool wipe the floor with you

Dark Rider

Imagine Chelsea going down the shitter if Roman doesn’t get his 1.6 billion.

I expected him to ask for every pinny he can get, I'm surprised anyone surprised by this.

Best real player was the ref 14 yellow cards for casemeiro.........

The ref for Real Madrid? what about Laporte incident at the very beginning of the game with no red cards?
Two hand balls not called for Real Madrid?
Walker tackles on Vini all over the pitch?
I under stand thinking the ref was incompetent but the reality is both teams felt robbed by him, thinking he was biased in favour of Real Madrid is absolutely wrong objectively.
I think Manchester City mistake was they did not have a plan for the scenario where Real Madrid is back into the game, their main plan was to waste time shithouse and it was clear from the beginning of the game. It did work with Atlético but we have a more lethal forwards than them so Pep and the players should have mentally prepared themselves to be able to fight against us after we score. We scored two goals fast and turned the tide in a very short time and then Manchester City players and Pep himself looked lost for the remainder of the game.
It was very entertaining game, both clubs did fight if we consider both legs.

Thanks god for making me fan of Madrid. We are fucking blessed in this life.

Hey Mo, so you wanted a revenge with our boys? Here we go Paris!

16514152183719.jpg

Carlo and the players need to be calm and collected for the final. We need to be focused and in the zone, this is a ucl final we are not allowed to lose.

Insane comeback.

Thank God we have teams from different countries in the final. I hate one sided country finals.

To be honest I think once the semi-final clubs were known all neutrals wanted Villarreal to win it all.
Welcome, who do you support by the way?

Dark Rider

Hey I picked those sides I only go with the most exciting and fun to commentate on. I'm all about having a good game in that first half of the game was what football was all about

I already know who you were rooting for though :messenger_beaming:

Ancelotti is unflappable

I still feel next season will not be pleasant.
But we have a ucl final to care about at the moment so next season worries can wait until that is done.

What a game. Winner of this game takes home CL, I think.
Welcome to La Liga, city

Are you ready for the final? :messenger_beaming:

Labadal

Am I ready? Yes and no.

I am looking forward to it, but at the same time, I don't see us beating Real Madrid.

I had them or Bayern Munich tipped as winners before the season started.

Dark Rider

Am I ready? Yes and no.

I am looking forward to it, but at the same time, I don't see us beating Real Madrid.

I had them or Bayern Munich tipped as winners before the season started.

Salah said he wanted us before the match, it seems Liverpool players want to give it all against us. It will be a tough match, why you are dismissing your club chances?
The media in the UK are all raving that Liverpool should win against us.
You thought we were candidates before the season starts? why? we are in a rebuild phase and most counted us out every step of the way.

What a crazy crazy match.

Every single tie was a trip for us so far, let us hope we win it all.

Dark Rider

Best team lost but fair play u never gave up so hats off to you.

I guess we can disagree on which team was best :messenger_beaming:
I feel you will retaliate by winning the domestic league, but you are one slip away from losing it so Liverpool might clinch it. You still have trophies to play for this season.
Also you are for sure getting Haaland this summer so you will have more fire power next season.

Nankatsu

To be honest I think once the semi-final clubs were known all neutrals wanted Villarreal to win it all.
Welcome, who do you support by the way?

Thanks man. Foreign club is mainly Liverpool, have been a fan of Kloop's football style since Dortmund, and I really admire what he has done with Liverpool.

In my homeland it's 100% Sporting Clube de Portugal :messenger_sunglasses:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Epic collapse yesterday. Got busy with family stuff but damn, when I turned the game off with 10 minutes left I never thought the result would be what it is.

Shame since MC played well for most of the game and then just fell apart so fast.

Liverpool is better than that though.

DKehoe

Just saw that Madrid and Liverpool have been allocated 20,000 tickets each for the final. Not that this is anything new but it's ridiculous that in a stadium that holds 80,000 people roughly only half the people attending will be actual fans of the clubs playing.

Labadal

Salah said he wanted us before the match, it seems Liverpool players want to give it all against us. It will be a tough match, why you are dismissing your club chances?
The media in the UK are all raving that Liverpool should win against us.
You thought we were candidates before the season starts? why? we are in a rebuild phase and most counted us out every step of the way.

Every single tie was a trip for us so far, let us hope we win it all.
I thought you were in contention, because despite a rebuilding phase, you have some excellent players, and they have proven time and again that they can get far in cups. Despite what a lot of people think, Uncle Carlo at Madrid was something I thought would be good. When it comes to English media, they over hype anything English. They need a reality check (like 20 years ago or more).

Liverpool have a chance, of course, but they can't do what they did against Villareal. They need to press your midfield. While Krooos-Casemiro-Modric are older players, they still ooze class. If our wing backs are not awake, it will mean trouble. Especially Vinicius vs Arnold. We play with a very high line. If they miss one offside trap, the defenders are smoked. The last reason is that Madrid has a good record versus Liverpool.

SkylineRKR

Just saw that Madrid and Liverpool have been allocated 20,000 tickets each for the final. Not that this is anything new but it's ridiculous that in a stadium that holds 80,000 people roughly only half the people attending will be actual fans of the clubs playing.

Its always the same shit.

The rest goes to fucks/celebs/businesspeople/politicians/officials who don't give a shit about football.

DKehoe

The rest goes to fucks/celebs/businesspeople/politicians/officials who don't give a shit about football.
Don't forget those sponsors. Gotta keep them happy.

Biggest game in club football and UEFA dilutes the atmosphere to squeeze as much money from it as they can.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We need all the sarcasm and click bait to keep this thread active. In a world cup year with all the good stuff going on this thread should be on fire.

Dark Rider

Thanks man. Foreign club is mainly Liverpool, have been a fan of Kloop's football style since Dortmund, and I really admire what he has done with Liverpool.

In my homeland it's 100% Sporting Clube de Portugal :messenger_sunglasses:

A Sporting fan, welcome :messenger_beaming:
I have a feeling that Cristiano is heading your way after he's done with Manchester United, I wonder what type of role he will play for you but I'm sure you and the fans will love it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Just to never give up. They watched us do it to PSG and Chelsea so they should have expected it. I guess they thought they are too good that we can't over turn anything they do.

Why is that?

Well in Carlo first stint it all played similar to how it is going now, first season all fine and no rotation which led to second season with the players dead and the season a disaster (Zidane took over and the rest is history :messenger_beaming:). So far in his second stint he look like he did not change anything, still minimal rotation for a team with some aging players and all of those players will have to play in the world cup too so expect them to be dead on their feet next season and a disaster again. Unless next season Carlo start playing the young players most of the time then it might be different.

Epic collapse yesterday. Got busy with family stuff but damn, when I turned the game off with 10 minutes left I never thought the result would be what it is.

Shame since MC played well for most of the game and then just fell apart so fast.

Liverpool is better than that though.

I expect Liverpool to be prepared for this especially with how their match against Villarreal went, surely they saw how it went with PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City and will be mentally prepared.

Real didn't lose though.

It is amusing watching the UK media frame every single victory for us as lucky and the other team threw it away, it was never us being good when we need it it was always the other team "gifting" it to us.

This is one of the things that bother me but they know allocating less tickets for the participating clubs means more tickets for themselves for higher profit margins.

I now doubt the club will go out of business - the UK tax payer will probably soon own a football club too :D

Chelsea will not go out of business but I doubt the UK will decide it will be owned by the tax payers, that will make the club state owned and the UK don't want to get into that they just want to collect money from the clubs owners.

I thought you were in contention, because despite a rebuilding phase, you have some excellent players, and they have proven time and again that they can get far in cups. Despite what a lot of people think, Uncle Carlo at Madrid was something I thought would be good. When it comes to English media, they over hype anything English. They need a reality check (like 20 years ago or more).

Liverpool have a chance, of course, but they can't do what they did against Villareal. They need to press your midfield. While Krooos-Casemiro-Modric are older players, they still ooze class. If our wing backs are not awake, it will mean trouble. Especially Vinicius vs Arnold. We play with a very high line. If they miss one offside trap, the defenders are smoked. The last reason is that Madrid has a good record versus Liverpool.

We can go far in cups, except our domestic cup we always crash out of CdR :messenger_hushed:
Carlo is good in letting the players play comfortably while having a plan in general but he does not let them rest or micro manage the tactics when the situation need it which is his down fall.

I think the English media as an organisation are aware of this, they just operate as a brainwashing machine intentionally to try to hook as many viewers as possible into being English clubs fans and as a result EPL fans especially for all the nations that depend on them to deliver the football narrative (examples are USA, Canada, Australia, Asian, African nations in general and whoever use English as a second language to have access to football culture...etc etc) because that is more money in their own pockets. They are not interested in actually giving real or fair analysis of anything just whatever it is needed to compel the viewers into the EPL even if they flat out lie in their analysis and narrative.
To be clear while I'm not a fan of biased media toward their nation clubs I'm fine with it but in the context of who they want to win, being sad or happy their club lost or won, being excited when their clubs score or sad when they concede. What I'm against is the flat out blatant lying in their analysis of whatever happening in the game or the match narrative to undercut and put down other clubs. What I'm against is considering all chances for their clubs as goals while not even mentioning any chances for the opponents, any goals for their clubs is brilliant while any goals for the opponent are either lucky or was gifted, any win for their club is because they are better and never lucky while any win for anyone else is lucky and because the English club weren't playing to their ability, any referee mistake for them is either correct or honest mistake while any referee mistake against them is intentional and the referee is trying to take them down...etc etc it is flat out lying in their analysis and nothing but brainwashing to gain fans and whip fans into frenzy of a million false narratives. Again being biased in the sense who you are happy for or who you want to win is ok everyone will accept that, it is the flat lies and false narratives that make people look down at the English football media. And it seem like it is required culture by the English media organisation so whoever they bring into the crew doesn't matter there is immense cultural pressure on them to act and behave this way.

They also tend to not go in depth into actual game tactics a lot of the time and just give brain-dead one liner "analysis" like "they wanted it more", "lucky/unlucky" and so forth but those types of useless "analysis" is done to both English clubs as well others which make people feel these pundits are a joke and watching their analysis is a waste of time.

As for Liverpool I think you will be ready for it, you players are motivated against us to get revenge for 2018 final, your manager do learn from his mistakes and most certainly watched what happened to other clubs facing us so far. I think your players and manager will go above and beyond and do everything in their power to win the game and not let us score or make a come back. I'm not saying you will be able to actually contain us or win the match but that your team will be on their game in the final. I hope Carlo and our players are ready and to deliver us the trophy :messenger_beaming:

Who knew that the game was about scoring goals and not just creating chances or dominating possession.

One thing I love about us is that we are flexible, we can play a possession game and also can play non-possession game which give us more tools in our box to deal with different types of teams. It allows us to exploit other clubs weakness since we can play a style that counter their style whatever it is and can switch between them in mid-game for whatever duration is needed which throw most opponents off. I'm not saying we always successful doing it but we are good at it.

I expect at least 30 thousand tickets just for tourist, because they can hike the price for those as high as they want.

We need all the sarcasm and click bait to keep this thread active. In a world cup year with all the good stuff going on this thread should be on fire.

You are free to post them or just talk about them mate :messenger_beaming:
Personally I tend to go with factual news more because I feel there is more to gain from discussing those but everyone here is free to post and/or discuss what they want as long as it is within the forum rules of course.

As for the world cup, I'm thinking about making a thread for it in the off-topic forum when it is time but I'm bad at making banners and usually do simple threads instead of wiki type of threads. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[UEFA Europa League Final]: Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Rangers

[UEFA Europa Conference League] Roma & Feyenoord book their UECL final tickets

Dark Rider

3 weeks is a long time, I'm really worried Carlo or the players (or both) go into vacation mode and under-perform in the final.
I hope they stay focused.

I still think the craziest epic Madrid moment was the Tamudazo. Living that was the unbeatable rollercoaster.

You are talking about the match against Real Zaragoza, La Liga 2006/2007 season match day 37?
Three-way drama, Real Madrid + Barcelona + Sevilla
That was intense :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Reactions: JLB

Dark Rider

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for a new ownership group, led by Todd Boehly, Clearlake Capital, Mark Walter and Hansjoerg Wyss, to acquire the Club.

JLB

Banned
3 weeks is a long time, I'm really worried Carlo or the players (or both) go into vacation mode and under-perform in the final.
I hope they stay focused.

You are talking about the match against Real Zaragoza, La Liga 2006/2007 season match day 37?
Three-way drama, Real Madrid + Barcelona + Sevilla
That was intense :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

yeah, was crazy how in 30 seconds everything turn around.

DonJorginho

Banned
Apparently Marcos Alonso has played his final game for Chelsea after having a bust up with Thomas Tuchel.

Mixed feelings on this, has come up for us countless times in the big moments but his defensive abilities were getting poorer every season and I thought we'd need a back up in the summer signed regardless.

Still frustrating how our season has been so underwhelming thanks to Azpi, Rudiger and Christensen flirting with other clubs all season which has greatly unsettled the dressing room and made them unable to focus.

Huge summer ahead for Boehly, if I could I'd replace the whole squad bar these few.

Reece
Mount
Jorginho
Kovacic
Chilwell
Havertz
Mendy
Kante (would rather sell but on his day he's great)
Silva

Dark Rider

yeah, was crazy how in 30 seconds everything turn around.

That was a crazy league run all around, especially toward the third part of it where every game was life or death and we performed so many come backs, you could see Barcelona fans die inside every single game watching us :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Especially our come back against Espanyol and then how Espanyol pulled that draw against them :messenger_tears_of_joy:
And to be fair that match Messi scored a goal with his hand that should not have counted, Espanyol should have won that match but they got a draw because of that.

Apparently Marcos Alonso has played his final game for Chelsea after having a bust up with Thomas Tuchel.

Mixed feelings on this, has come up for us countless times in the big moments but his defensive abilities were getting poorer every season and I thought we'd need a back up in the summer signed regardless.

Still frustrating how our season has been so underwhelming thanks to Azpi, Rudiger and Christensen flirting with other clubs all season which has greatly unsettled the dressing room and made them unable to focus.

Huge summer ahead for Boehly, if I could I'd replace the whole squad bar these few.

Reece
Mount
Jorginho
Kovacic
Chilwell
Havertz
Mendy
Kante (would rather sell but on his day he's great)
Silva

What are your goals for the club for next season and what players should be your targets? :pie_thinking:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Great signing for City, slight worries for me over his injuries and the way he refuses rehabilitation, but I'm sure he'll deliver goals by the bucketload for City next season.
City can be hit and miss with injuries but the way we rotate does lend itself to less injuries in general IMO. Only man who could replace Kun.

Top Bottom