• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the love of God...HOW DO YOU GET THE ROAD PASS IN PHANTASY STAR GENERATION 1???

john tv

Can anyone here tell me HTF you get the Road Pass in the 3D Ages remake of Phantasy Star for PS2? I've done anything and everything, and the punk at the shop in Scion still won't sell it to me. I heard you might have to talk to people in a certain order (really lame), but even still, I haven't been able to figure it out.

I already checked GameFAQs and numerous Japanese sites, and nobody seems to have the exact method of making this shopkeeper talk.

Can anyone here help out?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Isn't that the one where you have to buy the secret from the guy in the town east of where you start? Or did it all get changed in the remake.

doncale

Banned
omg I was just about to ask some questions about Phantasy Star remake on PS2...like the story, the enemies, the tasks, the towns. I cant wait for the english version even though I DONT like the portraits of the main characters...

john tv

RevenantKioku said:
Isn't that the one where you have to buy the secret from the guy in the town east of where you start? Or did it all get changed in the remake.
It's changed, yes. :(

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Talk to everyone in Camineet and Scion twice.
Talk to the shopkeeper again and again and again.

ferricide

basically there's a few townspeople you have to talk to in the correct order across the two towns. just pay attention to who seems to be talking about whom (IIRC, the townsperson's name pops up on their text box, and you'll notice one talking about another one.) sure, it'll take you a while, but i think it's doable if you stop to read what people are actually saying.

Dujour

Banned
Kind of off topic, but this reminds me of that town in PS where everybody's a liar and a cheat, then I think of Zozo in FFVI and how it's pretty damned similar. Except for Magnitude 7, ugh...

john tv

Finally got it. Ferr, I actually was doing that! I dunno -exactly- how I set the flag, but I have a few ideas. I'll talk to you about it over AIM next time. In any case, it's not nearly as simple as it should be. What a pain that was!

Enjoying the game a lot otherwise... :)

doncale

Banned
whoa Sega really made it much harder to obtain the Road Pass than in the original. I wonder why. I suppose it makes sense. it opens up another planet. guess it shouldn't be too easy.

John TV, you *are* playing a Japanese version, I assume? :D

Cannot friggen wait until Phantasy Star Trilogy hits the USA!

Top Bottom